Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Tech Corner > Programming
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 30-09-2006, 05:38 PM   #1
Potatoe

as seen on abandonia reloaded:

That's the intro to Thermo. My new game in production. My last game was somewhat crap, but I'm gonna try to make this better. This is gonna be most likely something like a text based game. And with your support again I can make this happen! I'll keep you updated..

Story in full(the begginning):

"On 23/9/2027 USA launched the bomb. No one knows why? It sure as hell wasn't an accident. Well, it's too late to ask now. Everyone is dead... Except me, how? Let's say I got lucky."

Earth's atmosphere is forever ruined, this looks like humanity's end. Or if not, humanity's future looks very grim. You play a technician who was fixing a sattelite when it happened. You stayed in space until it was (mostly) safe to go back down. Just before your departure the scientists find a new planet like earth in a near solar system. You with the rest of the crew decide it's time to leave this solar system once and for all. So it falls on your shoulders to find the prototype of the spaceship that will take you to another planet, round up any survivors on earth and mars, and of course the space stations and go looking for a new, better life. Do you have what it takes?

"When descending through Earth's thick atmosphere something went wrong, it may have been a miscalculation, it may have been the fault of the pilot, it doesn't really matter. Our pod crashed and only two of us survived. I, with just a scratch, and another technician, he is badly wounded and will not survive the night.. Hell, I don't even know when night is here.. I don't know which one of us was the lucky one..."

Game will be like ADoM(ancient domains of mystery, google/wikipedia it if you don't know what it is) but will concentrate on adventure aspects and will not feature any/little fighting..
Potatoe is offline                         Send a private message to Potatoe
Old 30-09-2006, 09:57 PM   #2
chainsoar
Master Debater

In the other thread you said this would be an RTS...Doesn't sound like one.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Potatoe @ Sep 30 2006, 09:11 PM) [snapback]258447[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
If you are a die hard RTS fan you should try this.. [/b]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dosraider View Post
You click on 'Download this game'.
chainsoar is offline                         Send a private message to chainsoar
Old 01-10-2006, 12:16 AM   #3
Potatoe

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(chainsoar @ Oct 1 2006, 12:57 AM) [snapback]258468[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
In the other thread you said this would be an RTS...Doesn't sound like one.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Potatoe @ Sep 30 2006, 09:11 PM) [snapback]258447[/snapback]
Quote:
If you are a die hard RTS fan you should try this.. [/b]
[/b][/quote]
I didn't say that. I was talking about shattered galaxy...
Potatoe is offline                         Send a private message to Potatoe