Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 24-05-2007, 02:58 PM   #81
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Subach @ May 24 2007, 01:11 PM) [snapback]291138[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
1) mount c D:\
2) c:
3) cd intrplay
4) cd max
5) max or maxrun

thats my commands
[/b]
For 5), try:
maxrun.exe -fC:\intrplay\max

Or go this way:
1) mount c D:\intrplay
2) c:
3) cd max
4) max

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 31-05-2007, 04:59 PM   #82
Diceman

Hi everybody.

I installed MAX from a cd I had laying around(will download from your page if nothing else works and see if it makes a difference).

I Run Vista and are trying to run it with DOSBox 0.70

I use the commands: (Installad to h:\INTRPLAY\MAX by the way)

- mount c h:\INTRPLAY
- c:
- cd max
- maxrun.exe (Have also tried maxrun.bat but that didnt work either)

what happens is that it freezes into a black sceen dirctly when I start it and nothing happends.

I havent configured DosBox anyway if I need to do that since I havent really used that program before

Old 01-06-2007, 12:07 PM   #83
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Instead of just typing in maxrun, try:
maxrun.exe -fC:\max

Did the game ask you for soundcard configuration when you installed it?
If not, look around it's directory for a setup utility and run it.
The correct parameters to comply with DosBox defaults are Sound Blaster 16, IRQ 7, DMA 1, Adress 220 h.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 04-06-2007, 08:42 AM   #84
Vlasec
Wink

If you want to have ISO of M.A.X. CD to share, torrent may be the way. However, if you don't find any, write me at [BEEEP] at gmail. com.

What I liked the best on that game is upgrading. You can upgrade something to be twice (and even more) as good as it was in first round by either paying enough gold to research using gold refineries or use research labs powered by energy only (and human teams, they're free ).

So scout can destroy a tank if you upgrade it enough, but it is better to upgrade something that's good enough from the begining.

Old 04-06-2007, 08:46 AM   #85

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(the_fifth_horseman @ Jun 1 2007, 01:07 PM) [snapback]292490[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Instead of just typing in maxrun, try:
maxrun.exe -fC:\max

Did the game ask you for soundcard configuration when you installed it?
If not, look around it's directory for a setup utility and run it.
The correct parameters to comply with DosBox defaults are Sound Blaster 16, IRQ 7, DMA 1, Adress 220 h.
[/b]
I advise using ntvdm with VDMSound to emulate sound blaster, it runs well then.

Old 04-06-2007, 02:54 PM   #86
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
If you want to have ISO of M.A.X. CD to share, torrent may be the way.[/b]
We have something called "ISO Cellar". It's accessible to registered users with 20+ posts... and yes, MAX is already in there.

-- Reed Richards
Old 06-06-2007, 09:21 AM   #87
NeFuRii

Hi.
Best game ever .
And I've got a question.
Is there a way to enable IPX for max under win XP?
Just adding the IPX protocol to the network settings of LAN didnt work, max still can't detect the ipx socket.
It works fine under dosbox, but i dont want to use dosbox as my CPU cant keep up.
The soundcard emulation program works perfectly, so I can play this game fine under XP, so i was wondering whether there is some dox IPX emulation similiar to VDMSound? Or any other way to make max detect IPX settings? (then maybe a way to use Hamachi to play over the internet).
EDIT : probably emulation will not work with hamachi. so i'll put it in other way : anyone knows how to play max over the internet not using dosbox? hamachi or not hamachi.
EDIT 2: What version is this game? I can see there written 1.56, but on the underdogs page it says it includes patch 1.4, and this is the same version as on abandonia. Beside, I can't find any info on v1.56, additionally gamespot has download of 1.4 as the latest patch, so is it really 1.56?
NeFuRii is offline                         Send a private message to NeFuRii
Old 06-06-2007, 12:06 PM   #88
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
i was wondering whether there is some dox IPX emulation similiar to VDMSound?[/b]
DOSBox includes full network support as far as I know.

-- Reed Richards
Old 06-06-2007, 12:25 PM   #89
NeFuRii

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(the_fifth_horseman @ Jun 6 2007, 01:06 PM) [snapback]293194[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Quote:
i was wondering whether there is some dox IPX emulation similiar to VDMSound?[/b]
DOSBox includes full network support as far as I know.
[/b]
I know it does. But as i have written, my CPU can't keep up when emulating with dosbox, and the game works too slowly, or too chokey. So I wanned somethig to emulate IPX only, preferably in a dosbox way, to emulate ipx over tcp/ip. (unless dosbox does that ? But i doubt).
I need ipx only, not the whole dosbox emulation.
NeFuRii is offline                         Send a private message to NeFuRii
Old 06-06-2007, 01:07 PM   #90
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
(unless dosbox does that ?[/b]
I think this answers your question:
Quote:
Network emulation: Modem simulation over UDP/IP, allowing for DOS modem games to be played over modern LANs or the Internet. IPX network tunneling, which allows for old IPX DOS multiplayer games to be played as TCP/IP over modern LANs or the Internet. [/b]

-- Reed Richards