Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 14-08-2012, 01:23 PM   #51
UnknownDoomer
Lurker

Arrow Dinosaur Safari (Ready to run version)

Hello all. Ready to run version (includes Win 3.11+DosBox) can be downloaded here: http://narod.ru/disk/59383414001.64e...AFARI.zip.html. Enter symbols=>press "Скачать"=>press link.

Launching: DosBox.exe=>Choose drive D=>SAFARI=>DS.EXE.
UnknownDoomer is offline                         Send a private message to UnknownDoomer
Old 27-08-2012, 06:48 PM   #52
mickelhob
Lurker

Default Dinosaur safari

I have play this game very adventuring and horrible .It level was very easy and last level difficult. You have been play the game.Bru
mickelhob is offline                         Send a private message to mickelhob
Old 22-03-2013, 07:05 PM   #53
aashe
Default please help

When i was little i loved this game, when i found it i was very happy. i followed instructions and extracted files to c:\ i changed the settings to color 256, windows 95 compatibility. the game will even open and i can play. but every click there is a cant open file box that comes up and just when i got to the picture takeing part, only a few clicks and the game quits. the box says:"application error, general protection fault, modual DS.exe". can anyone help fix this?

Old 22-03-2013, 10:56 PM   #54
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

What version of Windows are you on?

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 24-03-2013, 06:57 PM   #55
aashe
Default please help

my computers windows 7

Old 24-03-2013, 07:33 PM   #56
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Try running the game in DOSBox running a copy of Windows 3:
http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=14406
http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/sho...657#post450657

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 14-08-2014, 01:07 AM   #57
alyssam2990
Default running in win3

hello all...don't know if anyone will reply to this, but i'll give it a shot!

trying to run dinosaur safari. am running windows 3 in dosbox. i have the game folder "safari" under c:\systemfiles in windows. when i run the game, the first few images show (i get to the room with the globe) but then an error message pops up: "DSAFARI caused a general protection fault in module ds.exe..."

what does this mean?
i feel like i am so close to being able to play the game and i'm so frustrated!

Old 14-08-2014, 11:08 AM   #58
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

What are you mounting in DOSBox?

-- Reed Richards
Old 15-08-2014, 01:30 AM   #59
alyssam2990

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fifth Horseman View Post
What are you mounting in DOSBox?
i mount c as c:\doswin (which contains windows 3), run windows 3. i moved "safari" folder into "system files" under windows folder so that it is accessible while i am running windows 3. then i try running the game from there.

i hope that is what you were asking...i've used dosbox before to play other dos games but i have never had to use a diff. operating system within dosbox so i am a little lost...however, i do remember trying this before on an older operating system (xp) without dosbox and getting the same/similar error message.

Old 15-08-2014, 05:17 PM   #60
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
Originally Posted by alyssam2990 View Post
i mount c as c:\doswin (which contains windows 3), run windows 3. i moved "safari" folder into "system files" under windows folder so that it is accessible while i am running windows 3. then i try running the game from there.
In other words, you're trying to be smart and are making things worse by not following instructions.
FIRST, if you are mounting c:\doswin as DOSBox drive c, then everything in C:\doswin can be accessed by DOSBox.
SECOND, Windows 3 does not have a "system files" subdirectory, only "system" and you should NOT put games into it.
THIRD, the instructions on the game's page are clear - if you try running the game from somewhere that is not the root of a drive, it won't run properly. Put it all in c:\doswin

-- Reed Richards