Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 19-06-2005, 03:45 PM   #1421
PrejudiceSucks
Above-Par

Yep. I recommend starting with a base near Prague, it covers the whole of Europe, a little of China and northern Africa with a HWD or LRA.
PrejudiceSucks is offline                         Send a private message to PrejudiceSucks
Old 19-06-2005, 11:33 PM   #1422
pedro0930

I recommand just 3 bases...
My first base in US, Second in China and the third in Europe
and only the US and China base got troops and carrier.
The base in Europe just got 1 hanger and a hyper-decoder and a storage room.
In this way you can save lots of money on maintance fee and cover most of the world, at least the rich part of the world...

I suggest you just finish the game in less than 6 month so you don't have to fight tons of Ethereals later.
pedro0930 is offline                         Send a private message to pedro0930
Old 20-06-2005, 09:32 AM   #1423
Christian
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
Originally posted by pedro0930@Jun 19 2005, 11:33 PM
I recommand just 3 bases...
My first base in US, Second in China and the third in Europe
and only the US and China base got troops and carrier.
The base in Europe just got 1 hanger and a hyper-decoder and a storage room.
In this way you can save lots of money on maintance fee and cover most of the world, at least the rich part of the world...

I suggest you just finish the game in less than 6 month so you don't have to fight tons of Ethereals later.
Finish the game in 6 months? How would that be fun? :blink:
I want it ALL!

(I now have three bases BTW, one in Sweden for Europe, one at Chicago for the US, and one at Antarctica for researching)
Christian is offline                         Send a private message to Christian
Old 20-06-2005, 11:35 AM   #1424
Student

Bout chrisalids... ive found something funny.
i had one man with power armour who were ambushed by those freaks.
instead of shooting i filled both hands with HE and set them to 0.
he were ZOMBIFIED.And in the second turn he exploaded like a firecracker.
Boom one he turned it to a alien.
Doom 2 he was dead.

Old 20-06-2005, 12:39 PM   #1425
Mr. Barman

what i like to do is send out my tank(s) first to clear the immediate area around the Landing Craft and then use my soliders to create a perimeter keeping every direction covered. The great thing about this is that any cryssalids have to run to my men to get them which gives you a good chance of your men firing off a snap shot or two.

the problem with this is that etherals get free psy attacks on your men until you start moving out
Mr. Barman is offline                         Send a private message to Mr. Barman
Old 20-06-2005, 12:59 PM   #1426
Havell
Home Sweet Abandonia

Try crouching your men while they are inside your craft, I read somewhere that the aliens cannot use psy on your troops while they are like this.
Havell is offline                         Send a private message to Havell
Old 20-06-2005, 07:12 PM   #1427
PrejudiceSucks
Above-Par

Amazing but true...
PrejudiceSucks is offline                         Send a private message to PrejudiceSucks
Old 21-06-2005, 12:35 PM   #1428
Sharp
Game freak

Send a message via ICQ to Sharp

Wow, thats fricken trippy, no wonder the aliens always MC the troop standing next to my crouching sniper.

*hugs Harvell*

now Im happy, i can keep my superb sniper but terrible Psi soldier fighting against sectoids and etherials, just have to keep him crouching. (Hope it works againt panic attacks as well)

I always have my first base in Europe, first base is free and Europe is the most expensive area, of course late in the game as another_guest said, money is no problem. Generally have two-three transport craft, all other bases have one hanger with a firestorm. Also try and have two research/manufacture bases, that way near the end of the month you can use the salary trick and still keep production and reasearch efficent.

I dont like using blaster launchers against chyrsalids, generally i seem to kill more civillians then aliens when i use them in terror sites, also wasting a 52k blaster bomb on a 20k chyrs corpse seems a bit erm inefficent.

After completing UFO a few times ive tried to make a new goal by being more buisness orientated in playing, always look after key sponsers, and if a mission is looking more costly then financial rewards then it may be aborted. (never really used the dust-off mid-battle before) Its much harder financially, especially when you dont use the salary trick (angry lawyers start sueing).

« † DxRxIx † »
Sharp is offline                         Send a private message to Sharp
Old 21-06-2005, 02:41 PM   #1429
PrejudiceSucks
Above-Par

I dunno. I played for a very long without knowing about the salary trick and I don't really use it.

Business orientated games are harder, yes, but a lot more rewarding by the end of the game.

You just think "not only have I won, but I've won really well "
Old 21-06-2005, 10:38 PM   #1430
Gary

Yeah.... This is the windows download of Enemy Unknown, and when I try to run it in windows, I get either the turbo action from one exe, or from the other one, the picture looks all scrambled as hell. What's going on?l