Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 27-02-2010, 08:50 PM   #281
Luchsen
Lurking Forever

You don't install it, you use it. Just execute it and follow the instructions.
Old 17-03-2010, 07:19 AM   #282
jasonmloh
Forum hobbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007jesse View Post
When playing with Joao the king of portugal ask if you can make "peace" with 2 country's/ports (whatever), how do i do this??? Can somewone tell me
You can also invest in the ports market and shipyard until Ally with your country becomes 100%.But bear in mind that this method requires a lot of gold. Also a port with economy 95 or industry 95 requires much less gold to Ally than a port with economy 800 or industry 800.My favorite port for this quest is Ceuta but of course there are virtually more than 70 ports within the game.
________
Fr80

Last edited by jasonmloh; 01-05-2011 at 12:44 AM.
jasonmloh is offline                         Send a private message to jasonmloh
Old 17-03-2010, 07:39 AM   #283
jasonmloh
Forum hobbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by want to swordfight View Post
I have been playing uncharted watteers II for several months, I have never been able to play the swordfighting though. I recently tied to download the game all over, still no swordfightning. how can I fix this?
Maybe you can try this - when your ship and another ship is on the same square, press Escape, this will pause the sailing then on the right hand side there is a command in one of the menus that will allow you to enter combat mode. Once you have entered combat mode you must move your flagship beside the enemy's flagship in other words commodore versus commodore. At this point there should be an option to start the duel.:thumbs:
________
CiaraDarling

Last edited by jasonmloh; 01-05-2011 at 12:45 AM.
jasonmloh is offline                         Send a private message to jasonmloh
Old 18-06-2010, 06:38 AM   #284
flameg0d

Default dueling problem

I have experienced this error too, everytime I tried to dueling either a pirate (usually khayr ad din and Idin Leis) or an dueling event for catalina Erantzo, my dosbox hanged up, there's an error message then just off, anny suggestions to fix this one?
flameg0d is offline                         Send a private message to flameg0d
Old 18-06-2010, 04:51 PM   #285
another_guest
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameg0d View Post
I have experienced this error too, everytime I tried to dueling either a pirate (usually khayr ad din and Idin Leis) or an dueling event for catalina Erantzo, my dosbox hanged up, there's an error message then just off, anny suggestions to fix this one?
You should be able to solve that by playing around with the EMS settings (EMS must be enabled, but you shouldn't have too much memory attributed either).
Sorry if this is not very specific, I always used a front end to Dosbox and used the default settings of that front end... Unfortunately that program D-Fend is no longer available and I haven't used its newer version D-Fend reloaded yet. You might want to try it and see if that solves the issue.
Old 18-06-2010, 06:36 PM   #286
flameg0d

Default EMS, not SMS :mischief:

sorry if this sounds like a newbie question, the verylast time I playing with EMS is in dos OS without any windows in it and now I'm using windows XP's OS

so I'm wondered now how could I change the EMS, I can't just search and edit config.sys anymore, (file not found) if there's any additional programs please sent me a link
Old 18-06-2010, 08:41 PM   #287
dosraider
Dismembered.

The files you're looking for to alter the command window memory settings are:
autoexec.nt
config.nt

If it's a smart thing to do, that's another matter.

Smart is: run dosgames in dosbox, not in a command window.

But if you absolutely want to screw up your PC, go ahead.

Not a member of The Victorious People's Shoutbox Liberation Army.
Not a member of the GAG Guerrilla. Don't get A Grip!
FOR RENT
*Advertising space*
dosraider is offline                         Send a private message to dosraider
Old 19-06-2010, 12:54 PM   #288
flameg0d

Quote:
Originally Posted by dosraider View Post
The files you're looking for to alter the command window memory settings are:
autoexec.nt
config.nt

If it's a smart thing to do, that's another matter.

Smart is: run dosgames in dosbox, not in a command window.

But if you absolutely want to screw up your PC, go ahead.
I've just downloaded dos box 0.74 is it the newest version? hope there's no more problems, thx for the advises, I loved this game, even after I've finished it when I'm still using Dos OS

Last edited by flameg0d; 19-06-2010 at 12:55 PM. Reason: wrong version info
Old 14-10-2010, 01:04 PM   #289
hoeleng
Default guide

if anyone is interested, here is a guide i wrote almost 10 years ago while i was playing it..

http://hoeleng.freeservers.com/uw2.html

Old 17-03-2011, 08:23 PM   #290
robbo316

I was having a nightmare with hex editing, and then I thought about using a great little editing program called Artmoney. So I started up the game, loaded my save, (not using dosbox). I alt-tab back to win, start up artmoney, go through the search process, back into the game, stick a little money into the bank, just to change the figure. Back to am and filter the search, and, voila! there is the address I'm looking for, change it to whatever you want, save, and exit. I got the system halted but this is nothing to worry about, just alt-tab back to windows, right click on the ms-dos process, and close it. Now you can run the game through dosbox as normal. WooHoo, its 16th century and I am a MILLIONAIRE!!!!!!
robbo316 is offline                         Send a private message to robbo316