Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Your Reviews
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 07-08-2007, 07:45 PM   #31
12turtle12
Game freak

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(droma @ Jul 12 2007, 06:12 AM) [snapback]299049[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(gregor @ Jul 11 2007, 03:19 AM) [snapback]298878[/snapback]
Quote:

no one is leader. and most are snipers because for some reason sniper rifle bullets are much stronger.
[/b]
Also many servers (in css) restrict the use of sniper rifles, or ban them outright. Still, all in all your statement is depressingly accurate.
[/b][/quote]

I personally like Rainbow Six : Vegas specifically for that reason. The sniper rifle actually seems quite outclassed by assault rifles - and it's absolutely useless at close range.
12turtle12 is offline                         Send a private message to 12turtle12
Old 08-08-2007, 04:36 PM   #32
skaven510
Forum hobbit

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(gregor @ Jul 11 2007, 08:19 AM) [snapback]298878[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

online games mostly suck. partially because of cheaters and some peopel who think is funny to stand on the doors blocking everyone else. and also i miss the mute person button in some games.most of all they are no fun unless you are in some clan doing clan wars or if you have some option of coop gameplay. in shooters people are way too disorganised. no one is leader. and most are snipers because for some reason sniper rifle bullets are much stronger.
[/b]
I loved Counter Strike for about 1 week until I realized that I was just cannon fodder for the snipers. I'm used to RPG and TB strategy games but I do like to play FP shooters from time to time and when I played the tutoriel for Counter strike I thought wow this is cool, but I don't have the patience to sit at a game for months and months to hone my twitch skills down. Oh don't forget the jumping around and shooting. That's key in real war. You jump and shoot so the other guy won't be able to hit you. Anyways I'll pass on online FPS. Give me Bioshock instead.
skaven510 is offline                         Send a private message to skaven510
Old 08-08-2007, 05:14 PM   #33
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
I loved Counter Strike for about 1 week until I realized that I was just cannon fodder for the snipers. [/b]
The guys I used to play CS with never figured that out. Most of them didn't figure sniper rifles out in the first place, though... for them it was "just like quake, except about terrorists", to quote one. LOL

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 08-08-2007, 05:20 PM   #34
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

quake, thought, has something which cs doesnt- strafe jumps
Old 08-08-2007, 08:09 PM   #35
Iowa
Game Wizzard

Quote:
Anyways I'll pass on online FPS. Give me Bioshock instead.[/b]
Hoorah! Another Bioshock fan!

I've never played Quake multiplayer even though I have the original disk and everything sitting right by my PC. Is there some way to view active servers in it, or do you have to know the IP of the PC you want to connect to?
Old 14-08-2007, 03:38 AM   #36
airsoftsnake

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cazgotsaved @ Aug 7 2007, 02:45 PM) [snapback]303440[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(droma @ Jul 12 2007, 06:12 AM) [snapback]299049[/snapback]
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(gregor @ Jul 11 2007, 03:19 AM) [snapback]298878[/snapback]
Quote:

no one is leader. and most are snipers because for some reason sniper rifle bullets are much stronger.
[/b]
Also many servers (in css) restrict the use of sniper rifles, or ban them outright. Still, all in all your statement is depressingly accurate.
[/b][/quote]

I personally like Rainbow Six : Vegas specifically for that reason. The sniper rifle actually seems quite outclassed by assault rifles - and it's absolutely useless at close range.
[/b][/quote]

I second that! I love R6:Vegas! I love that you die pretty fast too if you do stupid stuff.

I hate games where you can just do frontal attacks and win.

But I never really liked Halo 1 or 2. IMHO, not very interesting games.
airsoftsnake is offline                         Send a private message to airsoftsnake
Old 14-08-2007, 07:17 AM   #37
12turtle12
Game freak

"Oh don't forget the jumping around and shooting. That's key in real war. You jump and shoot so the other guy won't be able to hit you. Anyways I'll pass on online FPS."

* a little necro going on so I figure I'll post again as well *

Didn't you know Skaven? When you go out to the shooting range try jumping around a lot. You'll find that your aim actually improves. Yeah, I do it all the time...
I only played CS once or twice but a friend of mine would play it all the time when I would go over to his house. I could never understand what the appeal was...?Maybe a fan could tell me. Truth be known, there are VERY few games I actually like that are exclusively online. Even WoW IMHO is not all that great. If a game doesn't game a good one player story mode, then....blegh. I don't like it. Even Halo 2, while having a tinny story at BEST at least delivered something. CS was about what exactly? Shooting the other team?
wow, hold me back I've got to buy it....
12turtle12 is offline                         Send a private message to 12turtle12
Old 14-08-2007, 09:27 PM   #38
Iowa
Game Wizzard

Hey man, I'm going to buy CSS really soon!

Really, I dunno why I want it, it's just really fun the few times I've played it and after seeing Youtube videos for such things as Zombie and Surf matches it really made me realize that Counter-Strike is fully customizable.

And in defense of an average-level game, CSS isn't supposed to have a storyline...it's a multiplayer mod of Half-Life.
Old 16-08-2007, 10:30 PM   #39
Blood-Pigggy
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

If you know what's good for you, you won't, there are tons of games on Steam that cost the same or are cheaper that have tons more playability and fun.

My Site -
http://sites.google.com/site/eyenixon
Blood-Pigggy is offline                         Send a private message to Blood-Pigggy