Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 07-05-2006, 03:49 PM   #61
timmmy

whohoooo i started to be able to kill the people but moslo doesnt help me since i cant get it to work LOL, ive tried a number of things but nope and now i just keep getting wiped out by the clerics before i can do very much. probably for the best since i have exams coming up LOL but thanks for trying to help

Old 07-05-2006, 07:59 PM   #62
crazedloon
Forum hobbit

Hehehe... Know how much time I spent playing this and the other 2 Krynn games back in the days?? Too much.. There's nothing I didn't know about Krynn/Dragonlance.. Great game here by SSI..

THROTL'S OFF LIMITS TO YO!!

If you keep getting wiped out by wimps (e.g. hobgoblins), you need to roam about semi-randomly picking fights with spiders and stuff and then healing up by setting up camp in a safe place, so you can get enough xp to move up a couple of levels. Generally, make sure you're tough enough, before moving to the next part of your mission, in a new town/area.

Get your fighters up close to the thaumaturgists/clerics/mages during a fight, and use melee weapons on them. If that's not possible, fire ranged weapons at them. This is the way to distract them from casting spells. Keep your own clerics/mages back out of danger so they're not distracted from casting heals/magic missiles. You need to get used to casting silence on clerics and mages - it's a useful way to shut them up to stop them casting spells.

Keep all magic stuff and good weapons/armor for yourself, and some crap for resale.
crazedloon is offline                         Send a private message to crazedloon
Old 07-06-2006, 04:24 AM   #63
blastradius14
Abandonia Homie

Hopefully by the time you land silence on them that they haven't cast hold on your party members and hit them.

For now, fireballs will put just about any standard evil mage's skull into the dirt if you land one on em in the first round.
blastradius14 is offline                         Send a private message to blastradius14
Old 05-07-2006, 04:51 PM   #64
SailorCallie
Forum hobbit

Send a message via Yahoo to SailorCallie Send a message via Skype™ to SailorCallie
Cool

My party contains the following:
  • One Human Knight
  • One Qualinesti Elf Fighter/Cleric of Mishakal
  • One Silvanesti Elf Mage/Cleric of Paladine
  • One Qualinesti Elf Mage/Cleric of Majere
  • One Silvanesti Elf Mage/Cleric of Sirrion
  • One Kender Thief/Cleric of Kiri-Jolith
BTW, does anyone know how to successfully kill the Green Dragon that's in outpost 3 without having any of your party members killed in the process?
SailorCallie is offline                         Send a private message to SailorCallie
Old 18-07-2006, 07:44 PM   #65
Shini

I did the C:/COK fix to get my game to stop giving hali3 error when I tried to create a character, but it's now not saving any character I make!

Any idea?

Old 18-07-2006, 08:28 PM   #66
kmonster
Abandonia Homie

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SailorCallie @ Jul 5 2006, 04:51 PM) [snapback]241708[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
My party contains the following:
  • One Human Knight
  • One Qualinesti Elf Fighter/Cleric of Mishakal
  • One Silvanesti Elf Mage/Cleric of Paladine
  • One Qualinesti Elf Mage/Cleric of Majere
  • One Silvanesti Elf Mage/Cleric of Sirrion
  • One Kender Thief/Cleric of Kiri-Jolith
BTW, does anyone know how to successfully kill the Green Dragon that's in outpost 3 without having any of your party members killed in the process?

[/b]
My party had no problem with this battle. They just slaughtered him with brute force and fireballs.
I don't know how strong your party is, you didn't mention the levels they have reached.

If you rescued the children and the prisoners you'll face less helpers with the dragon.

Most dragons are vulnerable to stinking cloud, you might want to test it.
Hold person spells work on his followers if you don't have enough fireballs. I didn't try charm spells but they might work too. It might be fun if the dragon breathes at a charmed enemy and hurts his allies too.

Before you enter the room with the dragon turn off search mode. Then cast the buffing spells you know (enlarge,mirror image,haste, protection from evil, prayer, bless, ...) .
The right casting order is very important, cast the longer lasting ones first so that the first spells don't wear off before the battle.

@shini: I would open the config file with an editor to see if the save path is correct.

kmonster is offline                         Send a private message to kmonster
Old 18-07-2006, 09:44 PM   #67
Shini

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kmonster @ Jul 18 2006, 08:28 PM) [snapback]243826[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

@shini: I would open the config file with an editor to see if the save path is correct.
[/b]

I opened it and it had C:/COK (the file name, and I did save it in C: drive)

Old 18-07-2006, 10:12 PM   #68

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Shini @ Jul 18 2006, 09:44 PM) [snapback]243835[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kmonster @ Jul 18 2006, 08:28 PM) [snapback]243826[/snapback]
Quote:

[/b]

I opened it and it had C:/COK (the file name, and I did save it in C: drive)
[/b][/quote]

erm, C:\COK\SAVE

Old 19-07-2006, 03:34 PM   #69
SailorCallie
Forum hobbit

Send a message via Yahoo to SailorCallie Send a message via Skype™ to SailorCallie
Thumbs up

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kmonster @ Jul 18 2006, 04:28 PM) [snapback]243826[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SailorCallie @ Jul 5 2006, 04:51 PM) [snapback]241708[/snapback]
<div class='quotemain'>
Okay then. My party's levels are the following:

Human Knight: Level 5
Qualinesti Elf Fighter/Cleric of Mishakel: Level 4/5
Silvanesti Elf Mage/Cleric of Paladine: Level 5/4
Qualinesti Elf Mage/Cleric of Majere: Level 5/4
Silvanesti Elf Mage/Cleric of Sirrion: Level 4/4
Kender Thief/Cleric of Kiri-Jolith: Level 5/6

And... I use buffering spells before battles such as this one, just to be safe. Is that what you're looking for?
SailorCallie is offline                         Send a private message to SailorCallie
Old 01-08-2006, 01:14 AM   #70
catchaserguns
Games Master

Smile

I had to download from another site in order to get it to work
catchaserguns is offline                         Send a private message to catchaserguns