Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 12-01-2006, 11:59 AM   #31
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Well, I just recieved the German manual *Thanks you Anne :tnx: * and I'll post the German manual right away, but you'll have to wait a while for the english version (it will take me some time to translate).
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 12-01-2006, 01:17 PM   #32
Virtz

The game is rather easy to get ahold of without a manual if ye ask me. I could grasp it as a 9-year old barely knowing english the first time I played, but somehow even managed to figure out how to mix creatures. If you insist, though, you can get the manual from www.the-underdogs.org.

Once you figure it out, it's no challenge with certain exploits figured out (atleast on easiest). I finished it without loosing a single monster simply by telling my generals to collect resources for traps and build them and so I finished off all the hordes by placing traps under their feet. Cheap, don't recommend it. :P

And btw. error in review, you CAN control your character in battle. Point where to go and hold a cursor key (rather strange method, though) and use mouse clicks to either attack with the mace or launch fireballs. Gotta watch it since enemy mages will teleport everyone to your area and once your character is dead, it's game over.

Old 12-01-2006, 01:21 PM   #33
Virtz

Correction, there is no manual at the-underdogs.org after all. Thought they had one for everything. :\

Old 12-01-2006, 03:32 PM   #34
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Well, there is one here, now, thanks to Anne. At the moment it's only in German, but I got 1/3 of it translated already, so have a little patience (and trust me, I know about the home of underdogs and various other sites offering games, having manuals, posting game FAQs and hints...).

Oh, to answer the GAME SAVE question from before:

Quote:
Saving a game:
Press ESCAPE and you’ll return to the main menu. Click save there. You can save up to 5 different possitions. The message should appeare 'Game saved successfully'.
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 12-01-2006, 05:59 PM   #35
Bluntman
Abandonia nerd

Send a message via MSN to Bluntman

Quote:
Originally posted by Sebatianos@Jan 12 2006, 12:59 PM
*Thanks you Anne * :tnx:* * and I'll post the German manual right away
Good looks Sebatianos, now it'll be way easier k:
Bluntman is offline                         Send a private message to Bluntman
Old 12-01-2006, 06:29 PM   #36
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Well, I'm done for the day. Unfortunately the entire manual is not yet translated, but you can get what I got so far (it's a bit more then half). Hope it helps thus far. I don't know when I'll finish (I'm off for the weekend tomorrow), so it will probably be sometime next week. If anybody feels like finishing the translation - they're most welcome to do that.

Dominus manual - ENGLISH (not fully translated yet)
Old 12-01-2006, 06:31 PM   #37
Dark Piedone
Game freak

Send a message via MSN to Dark Piedone

:help: I can't play the game, it says I don't have enough lower memory or some files are missing... What can I do ? :help:
Dark Piedone is offline                         Send a private message to Dark Piedone
Old 13-01-2006, 12:13 AM   #38
Mongi

Quote:
Originally posted by Sebatianos@Jan 12 2006, 07:29 PM
Well, I'm done for the day. Unfortunately the entire manual is not yet translated, but you can get what I got so far (it's a bit more then half). Hope it helps thus far. I don't know when I'll finish (I'm off for the weekend tomorrow), so it will probably be sometime next week. If anybody feels like finishing the translation - they're most welcome to do that.

Dominus manual - ENGLISH (not fully translated yet)
Just a bit of professional interest How many languages are you working with as an interpreter/translator, Sebatianos?

Old 13-01-2006, 06:18 PM   #39
Mambaru

Send a message via MSN to Mambaru Send a message via Yahoo to Mambaru

There is one thing which I do remember about this game. That is that there is no point in making a perfect note of what each of the columns takes from the creatures that you place on them.

Each of the columns takes a trait/stat from the creature that you put on it. But each time you start a new game it randomises which stat is taken. Which is great from a replay-ability point but not so if you finally figure out how to make an UBER monster. Only to find that it does not work on the next game!

I also remember that Peter Molyneux once said that Dominus was one of the games that inspired him to make Dungeon Keeper. And they are a little bit similar.
Mambaru is offline                         Send a private message to Mambaru
Old 13-01-2006, 08:44 PM   #40
Mambaru

Send a message via MSN to Mambaru Send a message via Yahoo to Mambaru

No RPG Master your not the only one. It seems to be doing the same thing to me as well. I'll tweak around with D-fend and see if that helps. Could be sound related?
Mambaru is offline                         Send a private message to Mambaru