Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 11-10-2010, 07:42 PM   #71
Hoolser

Exclamation space-bar-problem

Hi
I'm not sure is this the right place for my problems
As in title: spacebar problem. Game is going quite well but the spacebar menu don't want to listen ;P so, no Main Menu, no Settings, no saving, no loading, etc. Can you help me?? What is going on?? What is wrong??
PS. Sorry for my english ;D
Hoolser is offline                         Send a private message to Hoolser
Old 11-10-2010, 07:49 PM   #72
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Which version of DOSBox are you using?
What is your keyboard configuration?

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 12-10-2010, 08:12 PM   #73
Hoolser

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fifth Horseman View Post
Which version of DOSBox are you using?
What is your keyboard configuration?
DOSBox v 0.74
and... keyboard configuration?? Where is it??
Hoolser is offline                         Send a private message to Hoolser
Old 12-10-2010, 08:40 PM   #74
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Try:
a) setting keyboardlayout=PL in DOSBox config
b) pressing CTRL+F1 while in DOSBox and adding a new key binding for the virtual space bar (setting it to your keyboard's space bar or whatever else you like)

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 15-06-2011, 07:31 AM   #75
flameg0d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mydnyt Bomber View Post
I seem to have a problem with getting any attention at any mechit-lube, armour shop or weapon shop... they all ignore me or call me a traitor... how do I fix this, and what did i do to deserve this treatment???
U're using a Kuritan's mech salvaged on one of your battle, try to destroy that mech on one of the battle then the mechit would talk to you again.

as for the 1st training problem try using locust and walk straight to the corner but still avoid the forest. bush or water as much as U can
flameg0d is offline                         Send a private message to flameg0d
Old 14-09-2012, 03:13 AM   #76
Idicus
Lurker

Default jenner mech

if this is the game i remember ive got a good "cheat" for you. at start of game when the base gets attacked you can KEEP the Jenner Mech by running to the south west or south east, look for a break in the fence, walk thru it and you escaped ...with a mech you shouldnt have.
Idicus is offline                         Send a private message to Idicus
Old 14-09-2015, 05:43 AM   #77
sean1978
Lurker

RESURRECTION! 2015 edition!

Guys I'm revisiting this game (and the others in the series)

I recently got myself an old IBM PS/2 like I had in high school back in the 90's, this is one of the original games that got me into computers:

Here's a shot of my battlestation running Crescent Hawk's Revenge:
http://imgur.com/1hi8AlU

I bought a physical copy of the Battletech: Powerhits compilation from EBAY!

Anyway I'm doing a super-replay of this game. I want to attempt all of the most difficult things to do in it.

I remembered how to get the Chameleon and made a video of it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVPR...ature=youtu.be

So I have TWO (maybe 3) other things I'd really like to do, and I have not ever seen either one of them actually done:

- Rent an Urbanmech at the arena and steal it. I have heard people say they have done this, but I'm pretty sure most of them were remembering playing on the C64 version (it's different)

- Defeat ALL FOUR Jenners during the kurita invasion. Some have claimed to have done it, but the details on how are pretty sparse. I'm guessing if it's possible it will involve trapping the AI behind something you can shoot past and picking them off from long range with the Chameleons Large Laser. Maybe it's possible some other way? Anyone know how?

- Salvage a Jenner? I had heard that it may be possible by (a) defeating at least one of the jenners in the Kurita invasion, and (b) returning to the area that they were defeated and (c) winning a skirmish in the area of the wreckage, and then being able to salvage them after.

Any other super rare or difficult things in the game you guys can think of?
sean1978 is offline                         Send a private message to sean1978
Old 15-09-2015, 09:56 PM   #78
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Hehehe, that's awesome. I know the feeling when yuo start the actual machine, not just some emulator. Can't share any experience about the game, but thx for the pic
marko river is offline                         Send a private message to marko river
Old 17-09-2015, 08:24 PM   #79
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean1978 View Post
- Rent an Urbanmech at the arena and steal it. I have heard people say they have done this, but I'm pretty sure most of them were remembering playing on the C64 version (it's different)
I've done that on the PC version before, it's not hard - rent the urbanmech, shoot the tribunes, run. Thing is, if you do it, you get blocked from entering the spaceport ever again.

Quote:
- Defeat ALL FOUR Jenners during the kurita invasion. Some have claimed to have done it, but the details on how are pretty sparse. I'm guessing if it's possible it will involve trapping the AI behind something you can shoot past and picking them off from long range with the Chameleons Large Laser. Maybe it's possible some other way? Anyone know how?
Trapping the AI seems to be the answer - the enemy mechs seem to have difficulty navigating into this alley:

-- Reed Richards