Go Back   Forums > Updates Workflow > Request Games
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 14-09-2012, 06:12 AM   #11
RRS
(Gaming) History Buff

Thanks to the info you've provided I made a basic entry on that expansion disk here:

http://www.mobygames.com/game/dos/pu...-eternity-disk

Feel free to expand it.
RRS is offline                         Send a private message to RRS
Old 17-09-2012, 10:47 AM   #12
caricatur

I'm glad to hear there may be some progress on this. I've been visiting this thread from time to time since I first came upon it a while ago. This game is one of the few I return to play from time to time to stroll down memory lane. Some reviewers aren't too hot on the game, but I love it. The PC I had when I was a kid couldn't run the game well. Maybe I just didn't know better. On special occasions, I would play it on the computer at my mother's work on the 1.44" floppies which my home pc couldn't use. (XT 286 with 5.25" floppies). I lost the HD disks a long time ago, and threw out the floppies with manuals and original box some years ago during spring cleaning. Now there are shameless people on Amazon selling it for over a hundred dollars. (You can get it for less).

You have a pretty rare item. I remember even a few years ago, they still sold 5.25 inch floppie drives-I gave one I bought for a backup project to a friend years ago. Now the cheapest I find them for is $50 online. I'm sure they can be obtained for much cheaper at a used pc store if you can find one. It might be easiest to obtain the use of a service.

I found http://floppydisk.com/transfer.htm which seems reliable, though I have never used them.

I just wanted to chime in and say your efforts are appreciated. I'd be happy to contribute to your cost via paypal or something like that. I'm crossing my fingers for your success and hoping you don't disappear suddenly, as is easy to do on the net.

Take care

Old 08-11-2013, 09:31 PM   #13
Duckbutt

I bought a 486 recently to play my old DOS games, one of my favorites being Punisher. I think at the time I liked the gritty realism (and creepiness) of the missions - Satanic cults, drug dealers, weapons dealers, etc.

Anyway, I'd love to get hold of this construction set if possible. Did this ever get copied from the 5.25 disk earlier in this thread? If not, I have a working 5.25 drive in my system that I can use to grab a disk image .. let me know.

Duckbutt

Old 13-03-2015, 01:48 AM   #14
caricatur
Default The eternity disk is online

Well, 4.5 years after the existence of the disk was first announced in this thread and 2.5 years after the first person to claim to own it vanished without a trace, the eternity disc is available online. I won't post links here, but you can find it in the usual places (not yet at abandonia). You might need to search under the title and winnow through. Only a few places have it so far. 50 missions, an editor. There's a bit of a learning curve, but instructions are also available.