Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Forgotten Games Bureau
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 25-03-2021, 02:20 PM   #1
Mahiro

Default a spying girl game

Hi
I'm looking for a game that I don't remember its name and I really want to play it again ,, I hope that you can help me
here some hints from what I remember :

it was between 2000-2009
it was a game for girls
It is a spying game

I don't remember if there is just one main girl character or a few girls but the game was about doing Missions and Quests about searching for someone or maybe assassinate someone
the most important thing that the devices and the equipments of the main character is super advanced in technology I remember some infrared , beams
and weapons that can show or hide something and may let me change entire appearance of the character so they can't catch me during spying missions

when I search about that in google the first game I found is : "Totally Spies" well it might look a little like it, but it's not it.

I hope that you can help me guys in finding its name
thank you very much
Mahiro is offline                         Send a private message to Mahiro
Old 29-03-2021, 01:19 PM   #2
Mahiro

can anyone help me please ?
Old 30-03-2021, 11:13 AM   #3
MuzzyF8
Forum hobbit

What kind of a game 2d platformer? 3d fpp? Would be easier to make number of possibilities reduce.

My first tough was No One Lives Forever series as it was about "Spying Girl" :P
https://www.mobygames.com/game/windo...-lives-forever
https://www.mobygames.com/game/windo...y-in-harms-way

But not sure after that small amount of description.
MuzzyF8 is offline                         Send a private message to MuzzyF8
Old 30-03-2021, 02:29 PM   #4
Mahiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuzzyF8 View Post
What kind of a game 2d platformer? 3d fpp? Would be easier to make number of possibilities reduce.

My first tough was No One Lives Forever series as it was about "Spying Girl" :P
https://www.mobygames.com/game/windo...-lives-forever
https://www.mobygames.com/game/windo...y-in-harms-way

But not sure after that small amount of description.
Thanks for your replay I really appreciate that

It is a 3D and third person game

no it's not "no one lives forever"

and there is another thing .. I remember that the graphics were so good for that time

maybe it is newer than 2005

and the game was alone on the CD (not with other games) so it's size shouldn't be bigger than 700MB but maybe smaller

please try to search in girl's games I remember the CD cover of this game was Pink from everywhere

thanks again for trying to help me

Last edited by Mahiro; 30-03-2021 at 02:46 PM.
Old 01-10-2021, 04:45 AM   #5
Megaten
Abandonia nerd

oh right, I was looking for this too, but got distracted.
I thought that maybe this was going to be something particularly obscure or undocumented, especially if it was software specifically targeted towards young girls. Similar to Building Panic and other Japanese shareware titles, a lot of major sites are missing useful data on such games, making them difficult to search for. But as usual, I was overthinking it.

Based on your description, I'm pretty sure this is Secret Agent Barbie*, a 2001 Windows game that seems to fit the criteria quite well.
There's dozens and dozens of Barbie games, and they make up just a small portion of a massive intellectual property universe too big for any one mortal to comprehend. So unless you were already thinking of Barbie, I feel it's only human nature to unconsciously dismiss the idea that you're actually looking for Barbie... well, whatever.

*(Wikipedia lists it as Secret Agent Barbie: Jewels Case, but I suspect this is some erratic mash up of the subtitle of the GBA spin-off ("Royal Jewels Mission") and the packaging that the PC CD would be contained in with or without outer box, a jewel case)

Here are the specific bits that seem to match up:
*Pink-dominated cover
*200X release
*Aimed at young girls
*Stealth/spying theme
*3D, third-person
*Multiple outfits
*Various secret agent tech toys to play with, like Pink-Vision Glasses, as detailed in the manual
*Based on some YouTube comments, more than a few people seem to remember the game as having excellent graphics, which may indicate the specific shade of pink the glasses use

Speaking of YouTube, there's a number of snippets and playthroughs available there. This playlist offers the game in unlabeled ~10 minute chunks, while this longplay is two hours but has a useful index of timestamps identifying each section of the game.

Assuming I've guessed the correct game, there are a few options if you're planning on revisiting it. If you're willing to spend a fair bit of cash, it looks like there are still copies of the game available on sites like Amazon. And of course, there are various internet archives where people freely and illicitly post such things, for the apparent purpose of preservation, and you only need search for them. That said, playing a 3D Windows game from 2001 can be a battle in itself... or sometimes they just work. Best of luck.
Megaten is offline                         Send a private message to Megaten
Old 02-10-2021, 11:44 AM   #6
Mahiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaten View Post
oh right, I was looking for this too, but got distracted.
I thought that maybe this was going to be something particularly obscure or undocumented, especially if it was software specifically targeted towards young girls. Similar to Building Panic and other Japanese shareware titles, a lot of major sites are missing useful data on such games, making them difficult to search for. But as usual, I was overthinking it.

Based on your description, I'm pretty sure this is Secret Agent Barbie*, a 2001 Windows game that seems to fit the criteria quite well.
There's dozens and dozens of Barbie games, and they make up just a small portion of a massive intellectual property universe too big for any one mortal to comprehend. So unless you were already thinking of Barbie, I feel it's only human nature to unconsciously dismiss the idea that you're actually looking for Barbie... well, whatever.

*(Wikipedia lists it as Secret Agent Barbie: Jewels Case, but I suspect this is some erratic mash up of the subtitle of the GBA spin-off ("Royal Jewels Mission") and the packaging that the PC CD would be contained in with or without outer box, a jewel case)

Here are the specific bits that seem to match up:
*Pink-dominated cover
*200X release
*Aimed at young girls
*Stealth/spying theme
*3D, third-person
*Multiple outfits
*Various secret agent tech toys to play with, like Pink-Vision Glasses, as detailed in the manual
*Based on some YouTube comments, more than a few people seem to remember the game as having excellent graphics, which may indicate the specific shade of pink the glasses use

Speaking of YouTube, there's a number of snippets and playthroughs available there. This playlist offers the game in unlabeled ~10 minute chunks, while this longplay is two hours but has a useful index of timestamps identifying each section of the game.

Assuming I've guessed the correct game, there are a few options if you're planning on revisiting it. If you're willing to spend a fair bit of cash, it looks like there are still copies of the game available on sites like Amazon. And of course, there are various internet archives where people freely and illicitly post such things, for the apparent purpose of preservation, and you only need search for them. That said, playing a 3D Windows game from 2001 can be a battle in itself... or sometimes they just work. Best of luck.

Oh my God ! I can't believe it
How did you do that ? Who are you an angel ?!
I've been looking for it for years and all I got is nothing.. and you only found it on your first try ! And from this very simple information !!!!
The only thing I can believe is that you're a ghost from my past and you searched my mind and caught it's name from my visual memories.

I don't know if the word "thank you" is enough to express how happy I am to get this game.
Thank you from the bottom of my heart.