Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Forgotten Games Bureau > Cold Cases
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 29-08-2005, 03:50 AM   #1
Tiny

Hello everyone. I was wonering if anyone has ever heard of the game "The Adventures of Eskimo Joe" or possibly just "Eskimo Joe". I can't seem to find it on any Abandonware sites, or even Google.

Anyways, the game was about a little boy in the arctic and he must have walked around killing enemies or something and you walked around in a top down sort of view, but you saw the sides of the character (I think). I usually just saw it when my brother played it.

So if anyone knows where I can get it, or if they can put it on this site however you go about doing such a thing, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks, Tiny.
Tiny is offline                         Send a private message to Tiny
Old 22-09-2020, 07:09 PM   #2
Tiny

Default Eskimo Jo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
Hello everyone. I was wonering if anyone has ever heard of the game "The Adventures of Eskimo Joe" or possibly just "Eskimo Joe". I can't seem to find it on any Abandonware sites, or even Google.

Anyways, the game was about a little boy in the arctic and he must have walked around killing enemies or something and you walked around in a top down sort of view, but you saw the sides of the character (I think). I usually just saw it when my brother played it.

So if anyone knows where I can get it, or if they can put it on this site however you go about doing such a thing, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks, Tiny.
I hope this is one of most impressive acts of necroposting every seen on this forum, but a little over 15 years later, I actually found what I was looking for.

It appears it was a game called "Eskimo Jo", released on Softdisk PC #96 apparently. I found it while searching on Archive.org.

https://archive.org/details/sofd96

Looks like my memories of it were considerably more fuzzy than I imagined, but this does seem like the game I played. Given it's literally the only one for DOS that I've found that fits my memories, I'm going to assume it is the same game I played as a child!
Tiny is offline                         Send a private message to Tiny
Old 23-09-2020, 11:07 AM   #3
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

Congrats! Game mags are least explored media for now, so tons of hidden treasures can be buried here actually, never seen again.