Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 12-04-2005, 08:16 PM   #11
Havell
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by GraveDigger@Apr 12 2005, 07:18 PM
X2:the threat is obscure (adding it now in my games_to_hunt.txt file) k:
Is that obscure? I have it and have several friends with it, it was also all over the PC games magazines after it was released.
Havell is offline                         Send a private message to Havell
Old 12-04-2005, 08:23 PM   #12
DeathDude
Caught Somewhere In Time

Yeah same here, I've seen that game quite a bit on the web and through gaming mags.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/ Upcoming Concerts will be attending 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden!!, 7/27/08: Judas Priest
DeathDude is offline                         Send a private message to DeathDude
Old 12-04-2005, 08:37 PM   #13
Timpsi
Hero Gamer

Quote:
Originally posted by GraveDigger@Apr 12 2005, 08:18 PM
Timpsi: If a game is at HotU then its not obscure. And I have a box of Isle of the Dead(I wasn't in my senses when I picked it from a bargain bin). However, that Frankenstein(platformer) seems like a real underdog - if you have it, can you provide some more details? k:

Well, the entire concept of HOTU is to put up games that didn't receive much attention at the time.. They're up for download, yes, but I'm sure not many people know of them.

And I'm truly sorry to hear you've also purchased Isle of the Dead, but I'm sure you also agree that it is also damn obscure. :P

Frankenstein is just a dull platformer. You control Egor, the faithful servant of baron Frankenstein ("with qualifications in total stupidity and basic incompentence" says the manual) and the idea is to collect raw materials for the barons experiments.

It's a clumsy, boring platformer.
Old 12-04-2005, 08:43 PM   #14
Unknown Hero
Home Sweet Abandonia

Time Elapse - the game is called something like this. I played it. It good combination of adventure/puzzle (because you can't talk to anybody).

Rise of the robots - this game is predcestor of mortal kombat. It's good, but also very difficult.
Unknown Hero is offline                         Send a private message to Unknown Hero
Old 12-04-2005, 10:09 PM   #15
MdaG
Abandonia Homie

Send a message via ICQ to MdaG Send a message via AIM to MdaG Send a message via MSN to MdaG Send a message via Yahoo to MdaG

Retribution - A semi space simulator not even close to the standards of Wing Commander, X-wing etc.
MdaG is offline                         Send a private message to MdaG
Old 12-04-2005, 11:30 PM   #16
BlackMageJawa
Game Wizzard

The most obscure game that I have for real is probably either Space Station: Silicon Valley or Body Harvest, two grossly underrated N64 games by DMA design (who also made Lemmings and GTA).

On PC... realMYST is fairly obscure, and certainly very hard to come by here in the UK. Then there are games like The Last Express and Toonstruck which are hard to find now.

Of course, if we count games I that weren't obtained through strictly legal methods, then the list gets more impressive. On PS1, I have the little known forerunner to Nippon Ichi's trilogy of sublime PS2 Strat RPGs, Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure, and an RPG/dating hybrid in which you play a vampire who has to seduce a mortal girl with a certain aura and suck her blood called Imadoki No Vampire: Bloody Bride (only released in Japan, but I got a translation patch)
Most obscure PC game I've downloaded is probably The Adventures of Lomax the Lemming. Damn hard to find, that one was.
BlackMageJawa is offline                         Send a private message to BlackMageJawa
Old 12-04-2005, 11:46 PM   #17
Yobor
Hero Gamer

Try "Skeleton Warriors", a cheap and lame PS game. LOL
The game is absolutely horrible.
Yobor is offline                         Send a private message to Yobor
Old 13-04-2005, 12:06 AM   #18
MrBackAlleySka
Hero Gamer

Dunno if it's obscure, but I can't seem to find any trace of it anymore. Crusaders of Might and Magic? Heard it was horrible as SHEEIT though.
MrBackAlleySka is offline                         Send a private message to MrBackAlleySka
Old 13-04-2005, 12:10 AM   #19
Fawfulhasfury
Home Sweet Abandonia

Koala Lumpur: Journey to the Edge is an adventure game about a koala and a VERY foul mouthed dingo. I doubt many have heard of it at all.
Fawfulhasfury is offline                         Send a private message to Fawfulhasfury
Old 13-04-2005, 12:13 AM   #20
MrBackAlleySka
Hero Gamer

:w00t: OMG I want that!!! Is it abandonware?
MrBackAlleySka is offline                         Send a private message to MrBackAlleySka