Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 01-07-2005, 12:42 PM   #21

I used to play cyber empires in amiga, but it was call steel empires.

I was a master in this game, I could defeat a Heavy tower in woods with 10 robots, with only a mars. :Titan:

Nice one indeed. Fantasy empires too. They r similar but not the same.

Old 22-12-2005, 08:23 PM   #22
Kenji

Hey guys is there anyway to make this game faster? Its so slow on my pc. I don't remember it being this slow. Thanks

Old 09-05-2006, 02:45 PM   #23

I had a blast playing this game.

I didn't like the hands on of using the individual machines so much as the more global option, but I did play both ways.

Had a blast.

It was slow, are you guys saying it isn't any faster on today's cpus???

Old 06-08-2006, 10:17 PM   #24
iLLuMNaTi
Lurker

I used to have a text file with the questions and answers that the game asks you when you load it. For example:

Q: "What is the Armor of the Dragon (pg 14)"
A: 90

Fortunately, Abandonia has the manual available for download. I just used the EDIT - FIND feature of notepad and typed in "Dragon", the second or third entry had the specs for the Dragon mech. I will search through my old floppies again for it, but in the meantime, that would be nice to have, a list of the Q & A to start the game.

Also, if you note in the manual, it clearly states that the game is called "THE WORLD OF STEEL EMPIRE" and to use "STEEL" to launch the game.

This game does rock and was very advanced for it's time. It was completely original at that time. It's not original anymore since so many other games were designed after it, Cyber Empire being the role model. To call this game "unoriginal" is not quite right.

I spent many hours playing this, much enjoyement. I loved the player configuration where you can select human or computer, had a couple of friends and we would play this, taking turns sitting in front of the computer while the other person went into another room until their turn was over.

Good stuff ... thank you.
iLLuMNaTi is offline                         Send a private message to iLLuMNaTi
Old 07-09-2006, 05:56 PM   #25
Guest_allen_*

What strategies do you use?
I often use the sim button. I've found I can take a volcanic country with 9 hercules by setting the
attack mode to capital. Also, I manually attack a coniferous country with hercules army. I'll take
cyborg around the outer edge of the field, and sneak around the back of the fort. Once, inside I can
pick off their cyborgs one at a time from behind, and they won't even turn around to fire. Also, if the fort
missiles are trying to get me while doing this, I will position myself in such a way that their fort missiles will
destroy their own cyborgs! This strategy takes time and patience, but it works really well!
Anyone have any other ideas?

Old 09-10-2006, 02:13 PM   #26
jnishar

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest_allen_* @ Sep 7 2006, 06:56 PM) [snapback]253508[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
What strategies do you use?
I often use the sim button. I've found I can take a volcanic country with 9 hercules by setting the
attack mode to capital. Also, I manually attack a coniferous country with hercules army. I'll take
cyborg around the outer edge of the field, and sneak around the back of the fort. Once, inside I can
pick off their cyborgs one at a time from behind, and they won't even turn around to fire. Also, if the fort
missiles are trying to get me while doing this, I will position myself in such a way that their fort missiles will
destroy their own cyborgs! This strategy takes time and patience, but it works really well!
Anyone have any other ideas?
[/b]
good idea.. i will try them.. i realized as i startet playing this game again, that im pretty lousy without a joystick :wallbash: btw.. as i unzipped it, my virus program bulldog, discovered a virus.. u can remove it and still play, no problem.
jnishar is offline                         Send a private message to jnishar
Old 16-11-2006, 06:22 PM   #27
heiner
Arrow

:angry: *meep*, there seems to be a Virus on the download tells me my G Data Virussoftware. As I m no computer Crack, does any body knows about this:
File: Cyber empires.zip
Virus: behaveslike:bat.gen

Old 17-11-2006, 11:42 AM   #28
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

You also posted the same about Prehistorik 2 and Ishar 2.
All of our archives go through virus-checks before being placed on site. The possibility of such a thing occuring is close to none.

Remember that many antivirus programs are known to cause false alarms every now and then.
Did you enable advanced heuristics in your current antivirus program? Disable and rescan the archive. This function is used to identify new virii not listed in the program's database, but at the same time heavily increases the ratio of false alerts.
Then, just to make sure, try scanning the archive with a different one, like AVAST.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 07-08-2007, 01:27 AM   #29

Hmm, really want to try this, but it lags and goes incredibly slow when in XP. Will DODBox make it smoother, or should I try something with the XP compatibility stuff?

Old 07-08-2007, 02:36 AM   #30
Falls
Forum hobbit

I have found that the game is confusing and disorienting. Then again, the computer that I run my games on is too slow for me to run PDFs, so I don't think it will get much better.
Falls is offline                         Send a private message to Falls