Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 29-11-2007, 06:27 PM   #1
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Default Amazon

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review and download!
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 30-11-2007, 08:41 AM   #2
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
There’s a little problem with the game though. If you wish to save the game will require an old floppy B drive, so unless you have it and can enter an empty diskette into it, you won’t be able to save. Do not even attempt to save, because the game will stop at that point and you’ll have to exit it the hard way. So you will have to play it thorough in one goal (which is a downside, but not due to the game’s fault), unless you’re able to emulate the B drive (or actually have it).
It might be possible to imgmount a blank floppy disk image as drive B to solve that problem.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 03-12-2007, 07:41 AM   #3
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Sounds like a good idea. I'll try to do it and let everybody else know. Thanks for the suggestion (regular B: mounting doesn't help any).
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 03-12-2007, 10:53 AM   #4
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

You can use WinImage to create one.

The trial version of the program works for 30 days (not since installation, but rather 30 days in which it has actually been used) and is fully functional.

It's been very handy for myself when I was experimenting to get Wibarm onto a single bootable disk image (which I managed, BTW - works like a charm).

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 03-12-2007, 08:07 PM   #5
DonCorleone
Hero Gamer

Is there anything wrong with the review of the game? I just can load the blank page of the game's site...
DonCorleone is offline                         Send a private message to DonCorleone
Old 04-12-2007, 10:10 AM   #6
Romano
Ye Olde Anarchist

Works fine for me !
Romano is offline                         Send a private message to Romano
Old 04-12-2007, 11:02 AM   #7
Luchsen
Lurking Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romano View Post
Works fine for me !
Now, yes. (appendix to have more than nine characters...)
Old 04-12-2007, 06:47 PM   #8
humorguy
Super Freak

Instead of all the hassles to play this in 4 colours, get it for the Commodore 64, you can easily search for a .D64 file and WinVice to play it on your PC without too much difficulty! It's the same game with better sound and in the equivalent of EGA rather than CGA! While your at it, if you like this game by Telaruim/Trillium, get the others that this great unknown publisher released. All are brilliant and all came out on C64 then 16 bit then PC. I have all the originals still for my Commodore 64, which I still own (!). The text parser is as good as Infocom's and in some ways better and because all are based on books by great authors, like Arthur C. Clarke, all the stories are really great and original!

I would heartily recommend all these titles for either a C64 emulator or DOSBox:

Fahrenheit 451 (the famous book now an adventure that takes you further!)

Perry Mason and the Case of the Mandarin Murderer (Yes, Perry Mason!)

Nine Princes in Amber (have you ever played an adventure based on family rivalry, where more than half of the 140-odd verbs in the game are to do with communication, so you have DISAGREE, NOD, LAUGH, EXPLAIN, SNARL, PLACATE and many, many more to use when it comes to confrontations.

Rendezvous With RAMA - Yes, the book by Arthur C. Clarke, turned into a fantastic adventure!

Dragonworld - Ostensibly for teenagers, but I find it a rollicking Saturday morning adventure fantasy of the highest order!

Telaruim didn't release dozens of titles, but the above games, along with Amazon, are the greatest graphic adventures ever released. The quality of the artistry, the story-telling, the programming, the parser quality, the packaging quality - all outstanding. Rather than be unknown, this publisher should be as famous as Infocom!

Look up the above titles on Google, or go to Lemon64.com and check out these games and this publisher - they all deserve to be better known!

Last edited by humorguy; 04-12-2007 at 06:49 PM.
humorguy is offline                         Send a private message to humorguy
Old 05-12-2007, 07:07 PM   #9
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Some of the titles you've mentioned are about to find their way to Abandonia soon anyway.

I agree that C64 had more eye-catching graphics and that the games were/are better enjoyed on it. I also still own many original games and (more the one) C64 and use it every now and again to stroll down the memory lane.

Still, Abandonia is dedicated to great old PC games (which these are), so if it's not a game for a PC it would not find its way to the site. But that's why the comparison links are here (to Lemon64 and LemonAmiga - sites dedicated to C64 and Amiga games).
Old 05-12-2007, 11:04 PM   #10
Japo
Autonomous human

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_fifth_horseman View Post
It might be possible to imgmount a blank floppy disk image as drive B to solve that problem.
I bet you don't need such low-level support, simply mounting a folder will likely work. Problem is that you'd need to specify the real Windows folder, not the virtual DOSBox one, and that could be different for every person.
Japo is offline                         Send a private message to Japo