Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 22-04-2005, 10:37 AM   #61
Marek
Abandonia nerd

2000 AD,

Including Judge Dredd, Slaine and others I don't remember from my misspent youth...
Marek is offline                         Send a private message to Marek
Old 22-04-2005, 10:49 AM   #62
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
Don't get me started on those Alien/Predator/Terminator corssovers, i think theres a Judge Dredd one too.. not a fan but i can understand why people like them
Well, that one isn't really that bad... plus it has a certain twist to the story. Basically becoming Aliens 5 + Terminator 4 all-in-one.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 22-04-2005, 05:48 PM   #63
omg
Games Master

Quote:
Originally posted by MasterGrazzt+Apr 21 2005, 02:30 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MasterGrazzt @ Apr 21 2005, 02:30 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-OMG@Apr 21 2005, 02:12 AM
yosaji yojimbo is cool, traditional tales of samari morality told through a giant rabbit*
Usagi Yojimbo isn't a manga. The subject matter is 17th Century Japan, and the creator, Stan Sakai is Japanese (even though he was raised in Hawaii) but Sakai himself has said many times that it is not a manga.

[/b][/quote]
o my word .... talk about semantics, stan said its not a manga cuz manga means "irrresponsible pictures" and yosaji isnt gratuoitus in any way and is considered by some to be educational. so i guess u tinkin i is baka gaijin hey?

omg is offline                         Send a private message to omg
Old 22-04-2005, 06:11 PM   #64
Allen
Abandonia nerd

I don't read "Graphic Novels" myself, but my pal does. His favorite is a Manga novel called "Battle Royale" where kids are sent to a remote island, get an explosive collar put on their neck and are forced to fight eachother to death, Lord of the Flies style. If they don't fight, the collars explode. If they try to escape, the collars explode. If they don't kill someone every 3/4 hours, the collars explode.
Pretty sick, but my freind seems to like it.
Allen is offline                         Send a private message to Allen
Old 22-04-2005, 06:29 PM   #65
a1s
Hero Gamer

there are two movies made based on that one (at least one of the movies is based on it, the sequel is loosly based on the ideas in the first movie)
a1s is offline                         Send a private message to a1s
Old 22-04-2005, 11:06 PM   #66
MasterGrazzt
Game Wizzard

Quote:
Originally posted by OMG@Apr 22 2005, 05:48 PM
o my word .... talk about semantics, stan said its not a manga cuz manga means "irrresponsible pictures" and yosaji isnt gratuoitus in any way and is considered by some to be educational. so i guess u tinkin i is baka gaijin hey?
No, he said it because it's an American comic. Also, it's spelt "Usagi". And I don't consider you to be a "baka gaijin" because I don't speak nor am I Japanese.
MasterGrazzt is offline                         Send a private message to MasterGrazzt
Old 23-04-2005, 10:38 AM   #67
irrelevantjet
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
Originally posted by BeefontheBone@Apr 22 2005, 09:10 AM
Ragnarok? As in the Norse apocalyptic battle with the frost giants?
Far from it, Ragnarok is an online RPG that has a rather modest following. It's all cutesy anime crap with jelly beasts and happy people running around

The Manga is based on that k:

The only thing it has in common with the Norse Ragnarok is the name....

unless there is ANOTHER Ragnarok involving Frost Giants and all things awesome, if so please tell me
irrelevantjet is offline                         Send a private message to irrelevantjet
Old 24-04-2005, 02:09 PM   #68
MdaG
Abandonia Homie

Send a message via ICQ to MdaG Send a message via AIM to MdaG Send a message via MSN to MdaG Send a message via Yahoo to MdaG

Watchmen
V for Vendetta
Sandman (All ten books)
MdaG is offline                         Send a private message to MdaG
Old 24-04-2005, 07:10 PM   #69
PrejudiceSucks
Above-Par

Rave Master (manga, but they also adapted the TV series originally called Rave Adventure Groove to graphic novel form).

If the graphic novel bits in both Max Payne games count, they are amazing. I love the beautiful drawings and also play put forward in them. After I completed the game, I saved just at the last point (on both) so that I could see all of the Graphic Novel parts of the games.

Rogue Trooper from 2000AD is one of my favourites. Dredd himself was cool, but Rogue Trooper was way better. DR and Quinch were also cool.

If only there were Deus Ex graphic novels, that would rock. A UFO: Enemy Unknown set of graphic novels would be a bit niche, but I bet that they'd rock.

Battle Royal is pretty sweet, but massively violent. Teenagers in Japan camped outside of cinemas to see it, governments tried to ban it. Damn it is sweet.

The Sequel was OK, but it got really, really political nearer the end. You can tell that the director's father died quite early on in the film, the whole focus shifts very quickly in it.
PrejudiceSucks is offline                         Send a private message to PrejudiceSucks
Old 20-11-2005, 04:23 AM   #70
moogle
Abandonia Homie

The thread from this point onwards is the "What Comics/graphic Novels Do You Own?" thread, merged into the old one about the same thing - havell

Huh, post a list here, of if you have a lot (like me) post a list of ther series', ex:Spiderman, Superman, Bat man, etc.

Woohoo!!!
I just bough.....Infinite Crisis #1 yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CGC CGC CGC!!!
moogle is offline                         Send a private message to moogle