Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 06-02-2005, 05:58 PM   #1
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Default Super Solvers - Challenge of the Ancient Empires!

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review and Download (if available)

Last edited by Luchsen; 23-01-2008 at 03:53 PM.
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 08-02-2005, 08:15 AM   #2
Some Dude
Cool

OMG this was my favorite game when I was a kid. I remember being amazed by the 256 color graphics.

I will have to play this again.

Old 09-02-2005, 09:56 AM   #3
Ioncannon
Abandonia Homie

Send a message via MSN to Ioncannon

OMG THANK YOU!!!! I requested this long ago and finally get to play it again! My dad borrowed it from the libery once when I was like 5 and I would play it on my old P1
Ioncannon is offline                         Send a private message to Ioncannon
Old 09-02-2005, 02:12 PM   #4
Unknown Hero
Home Sweet Abandonia

You welcome! *proud*
Unknown Hero is offline                         Send a private message to Unknown Hero
Old 22-02-2005, 01:09 AM   #5
Cheryl

I've been playing this this wonderful little game and have gotten to the last level of the bonus world. I can get all of the tokens except one and cannot figure out how to get that last one. Maybe you can tell me how to do it.

The one I am trying to get is where you climb up the rope and that fire breathing scorpion fires from the right to the left. There are also 2 bats there, one is flying around and the other just sits there. Down below there is a ladybug. There are 2 moving platforms, a conveyor belt, a button, and 2 light switches.

I think I have to be able to push the button below to move the platform that is blocking the token and then climb up and make my way across 2 or 3 of the blocks so that I fall down onto the right side. I don't seem to be able to jump onto any of those blocks though.

Any hints or suggestions are very welcome.

Cheryl

Old 22-02-2005, 06:09 PM   #6
Unknown Hero
Home Sweet Abandonia

Can you post a screenshot?
(In DOSBox press ctrl+F5 to create one!)
Unknown Hero is offline                         Send a private message to Unknown Hero
Old 22-02-2005, 06:38 PM   #7
Cheryl

Here is the top of the room:

Here is the bottom of the room:

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Cheryl

Old 22-02-2005, 10:04 PM   #8
Unknown Hero
Home Sweet Abandonia

I you have arrived this far, then solving this souldn't be a problem!

I THINK you must try each of those 2 light switches and the button.

The button wont be difficult to press.

To power the left light switch, you can simply fall down (from first screen to second) and, as you fall, instanly fire the beam.

I think you can do that eve for second (right) light switch, but I don't think that's the solution. I think the solution is to climp up the rope up to the top, and then simply press right arrow key to arrive on that block on first screen. From that block you (just like before) fall down to the right screen on the conveior belt.....

Hope you get it, because if you didn't, I will have to play that game anew! LOL
Old 22-02-2005, 10:26 PM   #9

Hello Hero,
Have done the 2 light switches, and the button. I can change the direction of the conveyor belt and move both of the blue platforms. I can land on the left side of the conveyor belt, but believe I need to land on the right side (once moving platform above it is moved left). That seems to be my problem.

Have repeatedly tried to move from rope to topmost block, but can't seem to do it. Even pulled in an expert to give it a try........my 16 year old son. (I believe teenage boys are the experts in gaming) He couldn't get it either.

So far I have played this part so many times that I can usually get to the end (this part) with all my sheilds and full energy and have memorized the symbols combination.

Don't want you to have to replay (way too much trouble) but if you have any notes that you may have taken and could look at I would appreciate it.

Cheryl

Old 23-02-2005, 12:13 AM   #10
Unknown Hero
Home Sweet Abandonia

Tell me which of those three switches are for what operation (moving panel or changing the direction of conveyor belt).

If you can't get on topmost block, then try this:
- change the direction of conveyor belt (moving right) so you can arrive at the right side from the left side! Then shot at one of the light switches in order to move sliding panels that are blocking the way to puzzle piece. Then fire another lightbeam to change direction of conveyor belt and to return panel back to his position.

If even this doesn't work, then send me your savegame (all .dat files in your Ancient Empires game directory).

The Hero B)