Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 05-10-2008, 01:20 PM   #11
arlesya
world wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playbahnosh View Post

It's not sorcery, it's not a trick, and it's absolutely NOT FICTION!
As a Filmmaker I have to tell you that this is a very debatable statement about basically any movie really. Even photographs are constructed in a certain way. I haven't watched it yet, and I will just because it's causing so much negative and positive extremes.
But really, after working in Film you realise everything is pretty much fiction in one way or the other.
Old 05-10-2008, 01:41 PM   #12
arete
If All Else Fails, Play Dead

I'd like to echo Play... Please keep it civil, and please try not to trample on others' most treasured beliefs. Even if you don't agree with me; free will is something not even God interferes with. So give others the space and the benefit of the doubt...

"You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you..."
arete is offline                         Send a private message to arete
Old 05-10-2008, 03:31 PM   #13
Playbahnosh
The Peacemaker

Send a message via MSN to Playbahnosh

Quote:
Originally Posted by _r.u.s.s.
have you watched it?
No. I obviously made all that up. There is nothing wrong with out society, everyone is happy and fulfilled, our governments are honest and righteous, people around the world are respectful and welcoming to each other, corporations seek the betterment of humanity sacrificing their own wealth, and God exists and He controls everything, so there is no need to worry. NOT! :tai:

EVERYONE knows, that something is wrong, the world, as it is, is wrong. Maybe you can't really put your finger on it, maybe you can, but fact is, if something smells fishy, its only fair to investigate. If there is a chance for a better future, it's only fair to pursue that chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arete
I'd like to echo Play...
Thank you. I never would've thought, that a religious person would defend me.:amused:
However, I never expected anything less, than hordes of trolls, blind guardians of faith, and apathy. There is very little chance for intelligent discussions in this world, sadly, and today, people won't even give the benefit of the doubt rather they tend to blindly forfeit the chance for change.

"Don't fight the bad things in life! Find the good one! They are everywhere! Don't spend your life fighting for goals you can never reach! Live for the moment!"

BEWARE: I'm using the forums as a personal blog!
Playbahnosh is offline                         Send a private message to Playbahnosh
Old 05-10-2008, 03:50 PM   #14
arete

:laugh: Nooo, I do not consider myself religious. There's a difference between following Christ and 'religion'. "The letter (of the law) kills, but the Spirit gives life." ... "The father is seeking true worshippers, who will worship Him in Spirit and in truth."

"You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you..."
Old 05-10-2008, 04:34 PM   #15
dosraider
Dismembered.

Quote:
There is very little chance for intelligent discussions in this world, sadly, and today, people won't even give the benefit of the doubt rather they tend to blindly forfeit the chance for change.
To get a better world, begin with yourself.

And don't even think you're God's gift to the world for having an intelligent conversation with.

Not a member of The Victorious People's Shoutbox Liberation Army.
Not a member of the GAG Guerrilla. Don't get A Grip!
FOR RENT
*Advertising space*
dosraider is offline                         Send a private message to dosraider
Old 05-10-2008, 05:08 PM   #16
arlesya
world wanderer

Quote:
However, I never expected anything less, than hordes of trolls, blind guardians of faith, and apathy. There is very little chance for intelligent discussions in this world, sadly, and today, people won't even give the benefit of the doubt rather they tend to blindly forfeit the chance for change.
It's really cool that Arete is defending you and I agree with her argument about "give others the space and the benefit of the doubt". However, I was re-reading your posts and I think that your text is rather aggressive in the way it is written. It makes it complicated for your reader, who doesn't necessarily think like you, to reflect on your points rather than just get annoyed by it.
Old 05-10-2008, 05:22 PM   #17
Lulu_Jane
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

*is watching the film*
Old 05-10-2008, 06:52 PM   #18
arete

Good point arlesya: weighted words kill lively debate, as do sweeping statements... Btw, I'll take the tea and cake over the alternative, pls

Old 05-10-2008, 09:30 PM   #19
Playbahnosh
The Peacemaker

Send a message via MSN to Playbahnosh

That is what I talked about back there. All I asked was, to talk about things, and what did I get? Insults, mockery and pushing. And now I'm the aggressive? Wow... I must've missed something...

Look, I'm not saying, that I'm the Messiah or something, and you must accept everything I say. Quite the contrary, I'm here to talk about this stuff, not preach the gospel, but to be on equal ground, you gotta at least watch the movies. Bashing something without knowing anything about it is one definition of trolling.

Quote:
However, I was re-reading your posts and I think that your text is rather aggressive in the way it is written.
English is not my mother language, I'm Hungarian. By far, I learned to speak English well, but because I'm not a native, I tend to slip on those little language elements. I can assure you, that I didn't meant that to be aggressive in any way. I was just saying, that it's difficult to have a conversation about THIS TOPIC with the majority of people, because they won't even consider talking about it (here obviously) saying, that it's a farce, a fraud, a myth, or simply bull****, mostly comparing Zeitgest to some fundamentalist propaganda or a work of a bunch of lunatics with too much free time on their hands. And people won't stop to think about what is the message of the two movies, because they fear, if they do, they'll become somekinda brainwashed, mindless slaves to some obscure cult or sect or whatever. See?

Speaking about crying wolf. The media, with the other institutions of the world, scared the c**p out of us by headlining all those suicide cults, sects, and fanatics who brainwash you into serving Cthulhu and the likes by forming a naked human pyramid. We all remember at least one of the headlines. Now, the enemy are not religious sects or small-time idiots... they created another enemy: terrorists. Because what are terrorists anyway? Terrorism literally means "...the systematic use of terror especially as a means of coercion." It is an empty concept, fabricated to use as a means of forcing people into submission by fear. A terrorist, by having no clear legal distinction, is inherently a wild-card, used for "any person or group, who challenges the establishment". You don't have to be a suicide bomber or a killer to become a "terrorist". In fact, there are currently more than 1 million people on the terrorist watchlist, and 60% of them are not even arabic people or muslims.

If you think about it, it's easy to see, that the governments are the ones themselves, who are scaring you into submission with this imaginary enemy. Did you know, that Al-Qaida doesn't even exists? No one in the Middle-East knows anything about such a group. Because it's not a group. A UK politician, Robin Cook said: "Al-Qaida, literally "the database", was originally the computer fileof the thousands of mujahideen who were recruited and trained with help from the CIA to defeat the Russians." Woah. Now that wasn't in the headlines, now was it? So, Al-Qaida was a database. What's the other thing they used to say about it? That it's linked to Osama Bin Laden. Really? Well, by now, almost everyone knows, that the Bin Laden family was a major investor in the US before the 911 Bull**** happened, and had strong ties with government people, most importantly the Bush family. "Hey, Osama, I have a deal for ya: I give you a ridiculously huge ammount of dosh, all you have to do, is stand in front of that camera with those disguised people and say a few lines, deal?"

This how you are conditioned to reject everything that goes against the gospel of the government, religion and media: fear of ostracism, submission, brainwashing and becoming a terrorist. They done this so many times, that many people simply became indifferent to stuff like this, the power of apathy. They simply programmed you not to listen to "movements", or "the truth", or "change", because it might hurt you in some way, even by thinking about it. Some people simply turn the other way and won't give a damn about anything beside their own little sphere of life, because "Why should I care? It's not my problem".

But it is. It's your life, that's on the line here. Yours, mine, the neighbor's, everyone's. Think about that.

"Don't fight the bad things in life! Find the good one! They are everywhere! Don't spend your life fighting for goals you can never reach! Live for the moment!"

BEWARE: I'm using the forums as a personal blog!
Playbahnosh is offline                         Send a private message to Playbahnosh
Old 05-10-2008, 09:47 PM   #20
dosraider
Dismembered.

Quote:
Plenty words .....
...."the truth"....
And more words ....
Would that not be the truth as you see it? One of the many 'truths' around ....

Werner von Daniken would disagree with you, and tell you it's the alien species who do this stuff. See, that's his truth.....

There are many thruths around, and each has their believers/non-believers.

Not a member of The Victorious People's Shoutbox Liberation Army.
Not a member of the GAG Guerrilla. Don't get A Grip!
FOR RENT
*Advertising space*
dosraider is offline                         Send a private message to dosraider