Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 05-10-2008, 02:15 AM   #1
Playbahnosh
The Peacemaker

Send a message via MSN to Playbahnosh
Default Truth and lies - what do you believe?

Abandonians!

I have something to tell you. You may, or may not know me on this site, but just ask around if you don't: I tend to be a loud-mouth, a relentless skeptic, a go-getter, who fails in the process, and a vanishing artist from time to time, and yeah, I tend to use the forums as a personal blog on occasion, but one thing I'm not: a liar. I was never dishonest with the people around here, because you guys treated me fairly, and on occasion, as a true friend. Those who know me, know, that I'm not a doom-prophet, a ruthless mutineer or a gullible puppy for that matter. So, if you know me, you know, that I won't say things, that I'm not truly sure of on a personal level.

After this lengthy prologue, I want you to watch some movies. I don't know if these are well-known movies or not, or even if you ever heard about them or not. Maybe I'm making a huge deal out of nothing right here. I tend to over-exaggerate things a fair bit, but I'm not dishonest when I'm telling you, these flicks changed my perspective of the things. A fair warning: if you are religious, a firm believer of society, or a patriot, well, you will have a hard time digesting this stuff, you've been warned. Now for the movies, you can watch them online or download them. Don't worry, they are absolutely free, and legal to distribute, so you can't pirate them, even if you want to. Here:

Zeitgeist: The Movie (YouTube Link) (Torrent file)

Zeitgeist II: Addendum (GoogleVideo Link) (Torrent file)

It's important to watch them in order, because you will only see the connections that way. It's not sorcery, it's not a trick, and it's absolutely NOT FICTION! Remember what I told you two paragraphs earlier? Give me the benefit of the doubt, and only send me to hell after you watched these, seriously.

Many people regard Zeitgeist as "another one of those cheap shock-umentaries" kinda thing, like Fahrenheit 911, Loose Change or others like it, but those people couldn't be further from the truth. These films are but a compilation of facts, that were in front of you the whole time, but your were too caught up in your life, your work, your movies, your games, your hobbies and other "population pacifiers", and you were simply sitting on the answer the whole time without recognizing it. Like I said, I'm a chronic Skeptic, with capital "S", so I did research the stuff presented in the movies, and, whaddya know, they all check out. Don't believe me? You don't have to. Take everything with a grain of salt, no problem. You have the internets in front of you, go ahead, check the facts yourselves, I dare you!

Yes, some people won't believe stuff, even if it's right in front of them. But that's why we have these these things in our skulls, called brain, to think with it, to reason with it, and ultimately, decide what's good for us.

These things in the movies are not something you don't want to believe. Indeed, why wouldn't you want to believe, that there is a better way of life, and arms-lenght away. Yes, it's hard to accept the "truth" as truth, when you were living a lie you whole life, it is hard to change your perspective when you were conditioned, from birth, to accept the world as you are told to. You can't see how huge a skyscraper is, when you are standing in the lobby. You can't see how monumental a crop-art is, when you stand right on top of it.

You have to take a step back, and literally force yourself to think about things. We have the solutions right in front of our eyes, but we were too "busy" to see. We are too busy to see. We CAN have a functioning society, clean air, and a lot of things you thought to be impossible.

Let's have a discussion about the future of the human race!

(Topic rules: Please stick to the topic, and keep it civil, guys. Even if you didn't like the films, even if you are outraged or offended, please refrain from breaking the forum rules, please?)

"Don't fight the bad things in life! Find the good one! They are everywhere! Don't spend your life fighting for goals you can never reach! Live for the moment!"

BEWARE: I'm using the forums as a personal blog!

Last edited by Playbahnosh; 12-10-2008 at 05:26 AM.
Playbahnosh is offline                         Send a private message to Playbahnosh
Old 05-10-2008, 02:56 AM   #2
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

jesus christ, not this retatded movie
Old 05-10-2008, 04:23 AM   #3
Blood-Pigggy
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Zeitgeist? Really? I don't think so.

My Site -
http://sites.google.com/site/eyenixon
Blood-Pigggy is offline                         Send a private message to Blood-Pigggy
Old 05-10-2008, 06:19 AM   #4
Playbahnosh
The Peacemaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by _r.u.s.s. View Post
jesus christ, not this retatded movie
What is so retarded about it? Did you even watch either of them?

"Don't fight the bad things in life! Find the good one! They are everywhere! Don't spend your life fighting for goals you can never reach! Live for the moment!"

Playbahnosh is offline                         Send a private message to Playbahnosh
Old 05-10-2008, 07:11 AM   #5
dosraider
Dismembered.

Not a member of The Victorious People's Shoutbox Liberation Army.
Not a member of the GAG Guerrilla. Don't get A Grip!
FOR RENT
*Advertising space*
dosraider is offline                         Send a private message to dosraider
Old 05-10-2008, 07:14 AM   #6
Tomekk
Master of Orion

Send a message via Yahoo to Tomekk

This movie is just....junk.

"that's what all jrpgs are about

0: intro
1: talk talk cry talk talk graphics talk talk,
2: boring jrpg generic turn based combat
3: walk map
4: goto 1 12390482309 times
5: outro"
- _r.u.s.s.
Tomekk is offline                         Send a private message to Tomekk
Old 05-10-2008, 01:03 PM   #7
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playbahnosh View Post
What is so retarded about it? Did you even watch either of them?
both of them :bleh: some of my classmates were praising it like christian praises bible and i couldn't avoid forcing them to watch me during long breaks between classes on university
Old 05-10-2008, 01:07 PM   #8
Playbahnosh
The Peacemaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by _r.u.s.s. View Post
both of them :bleh: some of my classmates were praising it like christian praises bible and i couldn't avoid forcing them to watch me during long breaks between classes on university
Really? And, like, what's you problem with it?

Old 05-10-2008, 01:18 PM   #9
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playbahnosh View Post
Really? And, like, what's you problem with it?
have you watched it?
Old 05-10-2008, 01:46 PM   #10
Kugerfang
_r.u.s.s. changed it :'(

Quote:
Truth and lies - what do you believe?

-Terry Pratchett
Kugerfang is offline                         Send a private message to Kugerfang