Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Tech Corner
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 28-09-2006, 07:32 AM   #1
HappyGamer
Abandonia nerd

Hi just install the third installment of monkey island on my hard from the cd-roms that I have and cannot seem to make it load up in the SCUMMVM emulator. It is located in the program files of my hard drive under the sub directory of lucas and then curse. I tried to load it highlighting lucas, then curse. I have done everything I can think of to make the game work. I have to admit it has been awhile since I have use this emulator but I never got a chance to finish this great game and would love any help I can get. :thanx:

Edit: Ok read a little more on SCUMMVM web page and found out that it is not a direct installtion like if running the game from the Hard drive under win98. You apperently have to copy some files from the cd-rom to the hard disk manually. I just Have one question when coping the resource files from the disk do you need to copy the resource files from both cds and do I put them all in one folder or do I need to make two resource folders. :thanx:
HappyGamer is offline                         Send a private message to HappyGamer
Old 28-09-2006, 12:56 PM   #2
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

If the filenames don't repeat, put them both in the same folder.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 28-09-2006, 05:33 PM   #3
HappyGamer
Abandonia nerd

Thank you Fith Horse Man, but this morning I got up and did a little more searching on the forums on the SCUMMVM webpage and this is what I found and it seems to work now. So I will post that which was posted by a person of the name crazyfish.

To get COMI working you'll need at the very least 1014MB of disk space.

1.) Make a folder
2.) From Disc 1, copy the files COMI.LA0, COMI.LA1 and the entire RESOURCE folder into the folder you made.
3.) From Disc 2, copy the file COMI.LA2 and the entire RESOURCE folder into the folder you made (don't worry about files being overwritten, they're identical)

The folder should be 1013MB (0.98GB) in size. It will run all the way through, and you won't need the game discs to play.

These are all the files from both disk that you need to copy into a direetory that you make for the game. I hope this might help others who have this great title.
HappyGamer is offline                         Send a private message to HappyGamer