Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 25-07-2009, 06:22 PM   #81
Wicky
the little viking

Agreed about the review!

Btw I know that it should fit in a 97mb archive because I'm trying to download the german version from eMule since a few monthes (There are so little sources it's only half complete) and for the english version I estimate the same size.

I also have the instructions here, to remove the cd-check with a few byte changes in the hex editor. A clean install to hard-disc, then compressed into an archive would be great, could you do that please?

Your offering of bi2 scenery disc has really made my day!
Wicky is offline                         Send a private message to Wicky
Old 25-07-2009, 06:27 PM   #82
skillz
Super Freak

Send a message via MSN to skillz

Umm i was gonna include the entire folder..so this way it will keep most everything..and ya if u wanna hex out the cd check perfect
I can upload it to 4share then u grab it fix it up Wicky style
Then maybe upload it to the ftp so everybody can enjoy it would be great
I'll PM u the upload link ok
skillz is offline                         Send a private message to skillz
Old 26-07-2009, 10:56 AM   #83
Wicky
the little viking

Yay, I got it thanks!
Well well well that was a lots of work

First the game didn't work, until I found out that it requires the scenery disc to be installed into the same folder where you previously installed the original BI2 because it relies on those files. FIXED

Secondly I used the BI2 files from this site as a base, to install the scenery disc over it just to find out: The sounddriver from Abandonia's version of BI2 were not correctly set, so there was no clicking, scrolling and other effects to be heard. FIXED

Thirdly the expected bug with normal infantry defeating a heavy Samurai without any losses showed up. That was the copy protection, if no CD was present in the drive. FIXED

Hahaha, it all works now!

By the way, I was really shocked by the size of your 7zip archive, only 65mb!
I first thought that, half the files must be missing! But when I tried to recompress the whole thing with WinRar on "very high" settings the resulting file size showed up as the expected 82mb. D'oh!!!!
Really, is 7zip that good?? Wowowow

I'm bidding you farewell for now, must play the game, got enemies to kill.. and if the missions are really as hard as everybody is telling me, it's going to be a blast!
Old 26-07-2009, 01:33 PM   #84
skillz
Super Freak

Send a message via MSN to skillz

Thats awsome u got everything working
And i noticed u offered to upload it so all abandonias can enjoy it :thumbs:
Looking forward to our review
skillz is offline                         Send a private message to skillz
Old 27-07-2009, 06:45 PM   #85
Wicky
the little viking

Uffz, I've been playing map 2 all day long.. on easy.
In the end I got utterly defeated lolz.
The original BI2 had 24 maps and with each map the difficulty level increased. And the difficulty level of scenery disc starts like it was map 25 of the original campaign!! Ohhh! Somehow I have to give up on my plan to write a review with playing it through first.
Old 01-08-2009, 11:14 PM   #86
porchek
Lurker

Hello!

so just to be sure i understand -

what will happen is wicky's new compilation will replace the current version? or will it appear in ISO cellar? or must i search for it some other way?

thank you!
porchek is offline                         Send a private message to porchek
Old 02-08-2009, 07:34 AM   #87
Wicky
the little viking

*) what will happen is wicky's new compilation will replace the current version?

It's a stand-alone game and will have it's own entry.
The game somehow still accepts the campaign code "AMPORGE" which means, you could start the orginal campaign within the expansion. But since the change that artillery can no longer bombard map decorations, it is impossible to finish the last mission, where you have to destroy the square before titan's nets entrance to get in, so it's no longer possible to beat the original campaign within the expansion.

*) or will it appear in ISO cellar?

Nope, it's small size fortunately made it on Abandonia

*) or must i search for it some other way?

you can find it in eMule too, I have it permanently shared.
Seach for "Battle Isle 2 - Titan's Legacy, fully working.rar"
Old 24-08-2009, 12:56 AM   #88
Tarl Cabot
Default Last Mission (GEKEFZU - The last Strike) is INDEED BUGGED

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fifth Horseman View Post
This is the answer to the same question from a while back:
Hi,

Seems several folks have had trouble completing the game. I think the last mission (GEKEFZU - Level 20 The Last Strike) is bugged. There is no way to capture Titan-Net and see the final victory screen. One person posted an answer which didn't work for me.

>>Jsut before the control centre, pound this hex with your heavy artillery and it will break open then put an infantry unit into the building.<<

I can NOT target the sealed doors to the complex with any type of artillery or indeed any unit whatsoever. The artillery units don't have any available target and merely have the move option. The timer on the game expires and you lose

After putting in a lot of hours on expert mode, this is a bummer. I couldn't even find the final victory screen and/or animations posted on Youtube like the ending of Battle Isle 1 was posted. If anyone has any other suggestions or perhaps a working save just before the end, please let me know. I have 10 saves before the end but none are working. I am loathe to run the mission again to get stuck again. I will see if I can at least target the doors into titan net in a two player game by quickly racing artillery up there and moving red units out the way.

Tarl Cabot

Old 24-08-2009, 04:14 AM   #89
Tarl Cabot
Default Last Mission (GEKEFZU) BI2200 capture bug RESOLVED

Hi,

This one was annoying me as I had put too many hours into the game to be denied my victory/credits screen. I read two posts up where this is a known bug in the BI2200 (US) version but not in the Battle Isle 2 (Euro version).

You can NOT complete the US version because you can't destroy the blast doors guarding Titan-Net. Apparently, the blast doors are coded as scenery and in the US version you can't shoot at scenery. In the Euro version, you can shoot at scenery so long as you HAVEN'T installed the scenery disk yet.

I downloaded the Euro version at the Abandonia link from the original poster of this thread(which btw works w/o the CD I needed for the US version).

1. Install the Euro BI2 into its own directory
2. Replace the \sav folder and the sndstup.dat
3. Run DOSbox and now you can destroy the blast doors and get the credits screen. (I did need to make a copy of my BI2200 dosbox shortcut and then change the target to the BI2 directory instead of BI2200)
4. An added bonus, I can now play like 16 more bonus missions once I install the scenery disk

Hope you old schoolers find this useful. I scoured google w/o success until I came to this forum. There are no walkthroughs, only the level passwords. I saw others with the same problem here but the solution didn't work for me until I saw the other post about this being a bug in BI2200(US), but not in Battle Isle 2(euro).

I remember starting the game when it came out and trying to get back into it earlier this year only to run into the invincible UNDOCUMENTED, antipiracy 'feature'. The AI units couldn't be beat. I got no error message or piracy message. Fortunately, somewhere on google I read it was an antipiracy 'feature'. I dug through the closet and dug up the CD and got back into it. I must say it was enjoyable although it spanned about 14 years when I first bought the CD hehe..

Enjoy

Tarl Cabot

Old 10-04-2010, 01:11 AM   #90
Cheeky one

BI2
GEHAUWA - Port to the World

I capture all the cities and such. I use my artillery to pound the building outside the wharf to (hopefully) gain access for capture. However, I am never able to capture the wharf with a ranger or infantry unit - it is always greyed out.

I've read this entire thread and, in the later levels, the suggestion to pummel whatever with artillery (to make a building capturable) was given many times. I also don't have BI2200 installed anywhere and downloaded BI2 from this website - idk if this is the euro or US version. This doesn't seem to be working however. Eventually, I loose the mission due to, I assume, a turn limit.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: just in case you would like to see...this is what the artillery in the middle of the screen can shoot at (highlited - wharf is greyed).

Also, I run into a patrol boat in the top right corner of the map that can not be fired at

Last edited by Cheeky one; 10-04-2010 at 02:01 AM.
Cheeky one is offline                         Send a private message to Cheeky one