Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 11-11-2006, 04:31 PM   #1
Romano
Ye Olde Anarchist

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review and Download

Last edited by Luchsen; 25-01-2008 at 03:43 PM.
Romano is offline                         Send a private message to Romano
Old 13-11-2006, 01:59 AM   #2
zxczxc

the intro was pretty good, everything else kind of sucked .. though i only played it for a few minutes
zxczxc is offline                         Send a private message to zxczxc
Old 13-11-2006, 07:36 AM   #3
red_avatar
Administrator

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Yann1 @ Nov 13 2006, 02:59 AM) [snapback]266609[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
the intro was pretty good, everything else kind of sucked .. though i only played it for a few minutes
[/b]
Haha I'm not surprised. At first I was like "how the hell do I control this thing". If anyone has ever played those old arcade racing games, with roads that bent before you, then you get a good idea: you steer into a corner, and you'll keep steering into it until the road turns back and you have to steer back. The sleds behave like this too, except the roads don't center for you, and they're pretty hard to see at times too.

I just can't believe how they could think that shooting on such an uneven terrain could work - your sled isn't level a single second, and if you have to chase someone, it's hopeless. You NEED to use homing missiles but you only have a few, and they don't always do the trick either.

red_avatar is offline                         Send a private message to red_avatar
Old 13-11-2006, 07:43 AM   #4
Office_Monk
Game freak

Did they use real actors? Somehow they look familiar...
Office_Monk is offline                         Send a private message to Office_Monk
Old 13-11-2006, 10:39 AM   #5
red_avatar
Administrator

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Office_Monk @ Nov 13 2006, 09:43 AM) [snapback]266637[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Did they use real actors? Somehow they look familiar...
[/b]
Yes they did - and they have the funniest clothes. It's a similar style as was used for Stunts - still shots taken with the backgrounds drawn in.

red_avatar is offline                         Send a private message to red_avatar
Old 13-11-2006, 12:02 PM   #6

I remember this game. In 1993 we didnt had that many games so I played almost everything I could. The game sounded good, but ended up being a frustration. Better spend the time with Comanche or Retribution that also use the Voxel Engine.