Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 24-01-2012, 02:59 AM   #1
cesar_ep

Default I want help finding an old game :p

I really want to find an old game, the sad is that, i only remember a few things about it :/ I want to know if anybody know the name of it, so i manage to get it again. So i'm going to say what i remember here. English is not my first language, so i'm going to try my best xD ahahah, If anybody speaks portuguese, please, everything that i remember is here: http://www.baixakijogos.com.br/forum/1/topicos/830961
So, it's about more than 6 years ago that i've played this game. In the beginning, there was an short man that looked like a viking or something, he was in the middle of a forest, you could touch his nose with the mouse and he did something, was very colorful, the game looks quite childish in that part. I think when you touch his nose, he feels ticklish, and when you touched a flower on the ground, a butterfly lands in it. After that i just remember the middle of the game, the houses and land lookes like Age Of Empires 2, well drawn, not like for example, The Settlers 2, the graphics were better. The characters were shorties, kinda bearded. You started (At least the level mode that i used to stard, i don't remeber if there were others.) with a ship, in the ground, like a town center, once i accidentally pressed a button and the ship self destroyed from the ship, to a pill of wood. I remeber the characters in a like, grass area in the middle of the forest, very close to the town, gathering gold in a lake i think. Also once i went to the other side of the map, there as another village, but that team color was white, there was a house where a little man did pottery, very well drawn and animated. The game looked like "cute". And one of the things that i loved, were that you could build some roads, kinda like the settlers, but i'm 100% sure its not the settlers. You built some wooden signs, and build roads passing through then.
I'm also 100% sure its not: Widelands, Asterix & Obelix: Kick Buttix and Beasts & Bumpkins.
I really hope somebody knows this game! I've been asking help everywhere, nobody remembers it. And i am sure that this game exists, because my brother also remembers it! HAhaahhaa
Thanks!
cesar_ep is offline                         Send a private message to cesar_ep
Old 24-01-2012, 09:21 PM   #2
Scatty
Treasure hunter

So, you say you could enter a house and watch it's inhabitants do things? What was the view mode like - first-person view, 3D view or isometric? Did you see everything from above, or moving through the game world in 3D? Also did you have a mouse pointer that looked like a hand or paw? Could you do something else with the inhabitants of the world, like pushing or punching them around with the mouse cursor?
Scatty is offline                         Send a private message to Scatty
Old 24-01-2012, 09:41 PM   #3
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Cultures sounds like what you're describing: http://www.mobygames.com/game/window...eShotId,11582/

If it's not that, could be Saga: Rage of the Vikings or perhaps Age of Mythology. Do remember there was a special viking-themed version of the Settlers II remake: http://www.mobygames.com/game/window...gs/screenshots

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 28-01-2012, 08:41 PM   #4
cesar_ep

Thanks, i think Cultures is the game! I've downloaded de Demo and it is this game! Thank you very much!
cesar_ep is offline                         Send a private message to cesar_ep