Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 29-03-2005, 03:29 AM   #71
xcom freak
Games Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Jim6@Mar 29 2005, 02:30 AM
! Why are Call of Duty and MOHAA on that list!? They are/were terrible!

How about: Deus Ex, System Shock 2, America's Army and (the holy of holies) Operation: Flashpoint, singly the best FPS I've ever played.

IMO: The Mouse/keyboard give the closest to realistic ocntrols most people can get. Anyone who's tried Joystick/Mouse will swear by it though! Gamepads just aren't designed for it.

Edit: Also, Halo and Red Faction are also PC games(!)
Edit2: What about role playing games? They have nowhere near the complexity of PC ones. They're mostly all Final Fantasy clones! {/me gets into flame-retardant cloak} Or flight sims - you just can't replicate the complexity of controls available on a keyboard.
Sorry but Final fantasy which is an RPG kick every single RPG game's behind on PC. So i think console's RPG are better than PC's
xcom freak is offline                         Send a private message to xcom freak
Old 29-03-2005, 03:34 AM   #72
Jim6
Abandonia nerd

Send a message via AIM to Jim6 Send a message via Yahoo to Jim6

Like Baldur's Gate, Planescape, Fallout or Ultima VII? I think not.
Jim6 is offline                         Send a private message to Jim6
Old 29-03-2005, 04:02 AM   #73
xcom freak
Games Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Jim6@Mar 29 2005, 03:34 AM
Well i do prefer FF to these games We should get back on topic......

Well i want to rant about pirated XBOXs aren't internet compatible!!!!!
xcom freak is offline                         Send a private message to xcom freak
Old 29-03-2005, 04:39 AM   #74
DeathDude
Caught Somewhere In Time

I got another rant, why is it that Nintendo is lending the mario character to many different games, like NBA Street Vol. 3, sure I can understand to do it for some games, but hopefully this doesn't get out of hand and they just start lending out the character to games just so they can sell games.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/ Upcoming Concerts will be attending 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden!!, 7/27/08: Judas Priest
DeathDude is offline                         Send a private message to DeathDude
Old 29-03-2005, 10:05 AM   #75
NrmMyth
Hero Gamer

Quote:
Originally posted by Jim6@Mar 29 2005, 03:34 AM
I agree those are excellent games.
Becouse of them I started to respect Black Isle and Bioware.
Old 29-03-2005, 11:56 AM   #76
Danny252
I have a custom title!

the mouse is the best controller ever.. I can link to it with my mind.
Old 29-03-2005, 02:29 PM   #77
DeathDude
Caught Somewhere In Time

Mouse is indeed very good when it comes to games like FPS, but don't underestimate consoles, they will eventually be able to compete on par with the PC at one point imo.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/ Upcoming Concerts will be attending 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden!!, 7/27/08: Judas Priest
DeathDude is offline                         Send a private message to DeathDude
Old 29-03-2005, 02:59 PM   #78
Endop

Eventually consoles will get FPS controllers too. That might mean mouse+keyboard or something else, but they will get it. However, you won't have anyone doing any mods on an X-Box or Playstation 2. In the PC, we don't only have the mods, we also have lots of freeware games. Take a look at that freeware game recommendations. There is lots of fun in there. Take a look at Doom: The Roguelike. It's a great game! Then check some new maps for your favourite strategy game. Play an FPS mod. Forget about the consoles!

Oh, and one more thing. Computers are much better playing these "Virtual Life Simulators". I especially like the "Abandonia forums" and "Shrapnel Community" ones. The latter even got a free graphics update this year!
Endop is offline                         Send a private message to Endop
Old 29-03-2005, 03:55 PM   #79
Dreadlord
[BANNED]

Quote:
Originally posted by xcom freak+Mar 29 2005, 02:08 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (xcom freak @ Mar 29 2005, 02:08 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Dreadlord@Mar 29 2005, 12:46 AM
The day when console FPS games become better than PC FPS games is the day I become sane.

A few reasons PC FPS games are better.

-Mouse look
-Keyboard
-Call of Duty
-Battlefield 1942
-Doom 3
-Half Life 2
-Doom (duh)
-Painkiller (The best)
-Future Shock
-Duke Nukem
-Blood
-Medal of Honor

Some of those games were ported over the consoles, but the PC versions were hella better.
I have to disagree....Some Console FPS are pretty good Halo/red faction/time splitters/XIII. if u get used to the console's pads u sometimes prefer it on the mouse look.

The only genre where PC beat console's behind is strategy...ull never find a good warcraft/red alert style game on either Ps2 or XboX.

Edit : just rented Mercenaries and now i am sure console's FPS are better that PC's... [/b][/quote]
You just said a bunch of lukewarm games there, XIII was a average romp, and Red Faction was better on the PC, (yoink) Halo is practicly the only thing the console has going for it. The PC is just a overall better tool for FPS games, I miss my mouse look when playing on the consoles, and all the easy hot keys.

Besides, it's much prettier on the PC.

(Since when was Timesplitters anything more than a generic 007 rip-off?)

Adventure games are also much better on the PC considering the capacity for games, Voice overs, game length, even budget are all better when it comes to developing with cold hard computer programming.

One thing the consoles are great at is platforming and turn based RPGs.
Dreadlord is offline                         Send a private message to Dreadlord
Old 29-03-2005, 04:09 PM   #80
JJXB
Pi-voh

Quote:
Originally posted by xcom freak+Mar 29 2005, 04:02 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (xcom freak @ Mar 29 2005, 04:02 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Jim6@Mar 29 2005, 03:34 AM
Well i do prefer FF to these games We should get back on topic......

Well i want to rant about pirated XBOXs aren't internet compatible!!!!! [/b][/quote]
right... the FF series is absolute shite. pc rpgs beat them no matter what. the only decent console rpgs i have played are chrono trigger and KOTOR and kotor is better than chrono trigger, why? because it was developed by bioware (who developed far more pc rpg's than square ever will)

@dreadlord: the best turn-based rpgs are on pc (fallout for one)
@endop: mouse and keyboard can alredy be used on ps2 and xbox (go to liksang.com and find the "smartjoy frag")
JJXB is offline                         Send a private message to JJXB