Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

View Poll Results: Do you have a mobil phone
Yes 40 70.18%
No 17 29.82%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-12-2005, 12:16 AM   #41
Jordan
Game freak

Quote:
Originally posted by Sebatianos+Dec 9 2005, 11:20 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Sebatianos @ Dec 9 2005, 11:20 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Jordan@Dec 9 2005, 08:38 PM
Mobile phones are expensive,...
Depends where you live...
I got mine for little more then 20$(US) - a brand new model with a camera and an mp3 player... To sen an SMS or an MMS (the one with a picture) inside Slovenia only costs 4SIT (our curency) - that would be like 1/2 of a cent (that's right - one half of a cent).

So it's not expensive. And no, I could not imagine life without it. I've been using mobile phones for 8 years now and I haven't had a stationary phone in the place I lived for 6 years now (the regular phone would be more expensive). The only reason why I considered geting the regular phone line was that it took almost a year before I got cable internet here (cable TV was never a problem).

Besides, over 75% of Slovenian population has a mobile phone therefore the regular phones are getting very obscelete. [/b][/quote]
Well, a good cell phone with a camera and stuff here is canada is about $300 CAD.

Thats like $260 USD or something..[not really sure, guess]

It is expensive here...but I still have one.

Quote:

No, no cellphone for me...and the only use I could possibly think of would be to play bejewelled all day during Science Class...
LOL, mine has blackjack, falling numbers, video poker and stuff, but you don't play for real money, just for fun..

I use messenging a lot..its fun..except for when the bill comes at the end of the month..but oh well..

Jordan is offline                         Send a private message to Jordan
Old 10-12-2005, 12:46 AM   #42
Nikson
Game Wizzard

Quote:
Originally posted by gorkur@Dec 10 2005, 10:39 AM
Nokia 3310.

If it ain't broke, don't bloody fix it! (or get a new one :P)
True that! I have a Nokia 3315. It's the cheapest thing you can get in a store, and it's crappy. You use it for phone calls and text messages. No frills. It's sturdy: I've dropped it, stepped on it, kicked it, left it outside in the rain an entire night, dropped it in a puddle, taken it apart and put it back together 5 times, and it still works perfectly.
Because it's so cheap, I don't have to worry about losing it, breaking it or having it stolen. If any of the above happen, I"ll fork over the $49 AUD and get another one.
Nikson is offline                         Send a private message to Nikson
Old 10-12-2005, 12:50 AM   #43
JimmyJ
Game Wizzard

I have no CellPhone. Its not the phone that costs much, its the service, too bloody high in my state...(i am american)
JimmyJ is offline                         Send a private message to JimmyJ
Old 10-12-2005, 07:39 AM   #44
Iron_Scarecrow
Home Sweet Abandonia

Unfortunately I do, I never wanted one, my parents forced it on my so they could contact me if I'm out, or during the day when I am in my room where I can't hear the phone. Thing is I always forget it, I've had it for about 4 weeks now and it hasn't made anything easier. My life was much, much better without it.

It's a Nokia 2112 Telstra CDMA = useless. Telstra are scrapping the CDMA network in a few months and even though my dad knew this he still bought it.
Iron_Scarecrow is offline                         Send a private message to Iron_Scarecrow
Old 10-12-2005, 08:21 AM   #45
PrejudiceSucks
Above-Par

I have my trusty 3410 still. As has been stated, it's the mobile phone equivalent of a tank. It just doesn't break. At all.

And also because I'm a cheapskate too, although O2 is the lamest network there is.
PrejudiceSucks is offline                         Send a private message to PrejudiceSucks
Old 10-12-2005, 08:22 AM   #46
peregy
Super Freak

here the mobile phones are very cheap my mobile phone costs 160 euros and i have a good camera,lot's of games to play with friends on lessons(i'm talking about multyplayer games) and lots of usefull programs,good software(symbian the best),a display with 64k of colours...
peregy is offline                         Send a private message to peregy
Old 10-12-2005, 10:36 AM   #47
Kearnsy
Games Master

Well I have a brick with numbers on it!
Ok its not that bad, but still I might get a new one.
Kearnsy is offline                         Send a private message to Kearnsy
Old 10-12-2005, 11:08 AM   #48
efthimios
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by Puffin@Dec 10 2005, 01:56 AM
My lil sis has 3310. She's 10, but she has to have one so she can call me when I'm supposed to pick her up in music lessons which are all over town, and at irregular times.

Gorkur, got plans tomorrow night?
Is it safe for a 10 year old to use a mobile phone?
efthimios is offline                         Send a private message to efthimios
Old 10-12-2005, 12:17 PM   #49
Quintopotere
Home Sweet Abandonia

I've two of them (here in Italy there should be one of the greatest concentration of mobile phones in the world)... but I use them less than it's possible!
Old 10-12-2005, 12:30 PM   #50
Sean
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally posted by efthimios+Dec 10 2005, 12:08 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (efthimios @ Dec 10 2005, 12:08 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Puffin@Dec 10 2005, 01:56 AM
My lil sis has 3310. She's 10, but she has to have one so she can call me when I'm supposed to pick her up in music lessons which are all over town, and at irregular times.

Gorkur, got plans tomorrow night?
Is it safe for a 10 year old to use a mobile phone? [/b][/quote]
Why not? :crazy:

Sean is offline                         Send a private message to Sean