Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Troubleshooting
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 02-04-2005, 05:11 AM   #1
Lulu_Jane
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone has any ideas on how I can get Touche to play. I've browsed the other queries in troubleshooting, and I've tried running it in dosbox, and win xp, but it's no use. I've even tried downloading it again and starting afresh from here, then tried downloading it from at least four different sites -which breaks my heart 'cos I'm all for Abandonia k:
But it's no use, it's the same zip from wherever, and the closest I can get to actually running the game is that purple and green screen that reads "cracked by.....(lots of names here)", but that disintergrates and returns me back to dos/windows as soon as I press any key...
If anyone has any suggestions I would be SOOO grateful, originally I just wanted to play this game, but now getting it to run has become a mission - A mission that I am sadly not having any luck with :ranting:

Anyways - Love this site, and thanks and eternal sunshine and butterflies in advance for anyone who has any ideas about this
Old 02-04-2005, 07:33 AM   #2
Nosferrath
Forum hobbit

Send a message via AIM to Nosferrath Send a message via MSN to Nosferrath

I had the same problem with that game. Until I read that readme in the game's folder. You gotta unzip the game in C: . Not in any other folder, just unzip it to C: .
Nosferrath is offline                         Send a private message to Nosferrath
Old 02-04-2005, 09:21 AM   #3
Stroggy
Home Sweet Abandonia

Hi there, Lulu_jane, I played and reviewed the game for Abandonia so it is playable if you:
-extract it to C:
-run it with VDMsound
Old 03-04-2005, 03:58 AM   #4
Lulu_Jane
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

k: Yay! Thanks you guys, I'm off to try it now - deep appreciation all round
Old 03-04-2005, 04:22 AM   #5
Lulu_Jane
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Hmmm, I'm back and still musketeerless...
It's all sitting unzipped and mounted and pretty in the C drive - but it's still no use, as soon as that "Cracked by hybrid" screen appears any button I ress returns me to dos...
I must admit that I haven't tried it on vdm-sound, but if it runs through that why shouldn't it be ok in dosbox? And I've even seen posts somewhere about some happy folk who played it without problem in windows - but by now I could just be seeing things :blink:
*Sigh*
Thanks though for helping me first time aroud - very grateful for it
Old 03-04-2005, 11:48 AM   #6
Nosferrath
Forum hobbit

Send a message via AIM to Nosferrath Send a message via MSN to Nosferrath

I played it in windows too. No DosBox, no VDMsound. I just extracted it to C:, then played it normally in Windows.
Nosferrath is offline                         Send a private message to Nosferrath
Old 03-04-2005, 12:35 PM   #7
Stroggy
Home Sweet Abandonia

It never worked in dosbox for me but, for some reason, it did work in vdmsound so I urge you to try that.
Old 07-04-2005, 04:06 AM   #8
Lulu_Jane
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Hmmm, rightio - Thanks all! I guess that I'm off to learn the ways of VDMsound
Old 10-08-2005, 07:46 AM   #9
Lulu_Jane
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

This is just in case anyone has the same problem that I did, and is also cursed with the same fits of silliness that I am afflicted with -

4 months after my last post (in which I had given up on the musketeer) I returned to the file the other day, and decided to give it one final attempt before I wiped the file of my pc forever...
Imagine my surprise when I discovered that DOSbox or VDMsound made no difference at all (thay both work fine for this by the way k: ) all I had needed to do was check the option for display settings compatibility - to 256 colours and 640 x480 screen resolution. Then it all sprang into action...Silly me.

Surgeon General warns : Do not let ridiculous things like default compatibility options (found in properties of course) interrfere in joyful gaming, particularly for nearly half a year.

Old 10-08-2005, 12:27 PM   #10
Rogue
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Your post is only 8 days long.... :blink:
Rogue is offline                         Send a private message to Rogue