Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Troubleshooting
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 30-01-2005, 10:14 PM   #1
Netskimmer

I dl'ed LB1 from this site but I can't install it. I get to the point where it asks what drive I want to install to and as soon as I hit the button it kicks out and says "bad command or filename". If I try to run sierra.com or sierra.bat it just hangs at the prompt. I'm not using dosBox or anything else, just trying to run in straight XP command prompt. When I try to run it in dosBox I get multi-colored lines that form a grid on the screen.
Netskimmer is offline                         Send a private message to Netskimmer
Old 02-02-2005, 12:59 PM   #2
gildedgirth
Abandonia nerd

run the "install" program from the dosbox command prompt and try changing the different video and audio settings. Hit escape when it ask if you want to install the files to the hard drive. You don't need to do that part since you've already got the files installed. All you want is to change the settings.

Try EGA for video settings and Adlib soundcard for sound should get this game to work on most computers.
gildedgirth is offline                         Send a private message to gildedgirth
Old 02-02-2005, 01:13 PM   #3
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Also try and get DosBox v0.61 as opposed to v0.63 - I found out that some of the games that worked perfectly in v0.61 have graphics trouble in v0.63.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 02-02-2005, 08:58 PM   #4
Netskimmer

I tried both of those. Downloaded it from a different site about an hour ago and so far it seems to be working ok.
Netskimmer is offline                         Send a private message to Netskimmer