Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 22-08-2008, 04:27 AM   #21
Akira
Forum hobbit

Yeah! I love the Keen games! We used to have the 4th game, while the 6th one belonged to my Grandma (my sisters and I would always play it when we came over, along with Jill of the Jungle :amused: ). A few years ago I got a bunch of old games on e-bay, along with the first three Keen games (which I didn't like as well as the 4th and 6th, but were still fun). I just found Keen Dreams a little while ago. It's okay, but the regenerating enemies really bother me, and it's just not Keen to me without the pogo stick! :worried:
Akira is offline                         Send a private message to Akira
Old 30-10-2008, 04:29 PM   #22
Pellaeon
Abandonia nerd

Yes, the pogo stick really is a prestige of the Keen games, but at least you need better reflexes to complete Keen Dreams. For me, Keen Dreams only has a different taste than the other Keen games have.

B the way, there's a great number of unofficial keen games and mods outside. Even I did one. Try to intercept the Public Commander Keen Forum (PCKF) at Google. Their host server still has to be there somewhere.
Pellaeon is offline                         Send a private message to Pellaeon
Old 18-11-2008, 03:40 AM   #23
Catwafer

Commander Keen.
Classic win.
Catwafer is offline                         Send a private message to Catwafer
Old 10-04-2009, 05:42 PM   #24
DarkStar88
Forum hobbit

Default The last of Keen

Ah yes; the final adventure of Commander Keen. For the longest time my family only had the demo version...and then when I got the real thing I wondered when Keen would save the universe.

Somebody please bring back our hero Billy Blaze. He needs to save our bacon again - and we just plain miss him.
DarkStar88 is offline                         Send a private message to DarkStar88
Old 25-07-2009, 04:21 AM   #25
Unregistered34

I have a question that NEEEDDSSS to be answered!!: is this just a demo of Keen 6? if so, where can I get the actual game?

Old 25-07-2009, 04:22 AM   #26
Unregistered341

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkStar88 View Post
Ah yes; the final adventure of Commander Keen. For the longest time my family only had the demo version...and then when I got the real thing I wondered when Keen would save the universe.

Somebody please bring back our hero Billy Blaze. He needs to save our bacon again - and we just plain miss him.

where can I get the real thing???????????? PLLLEEASSSEE!!!

Old 25-07-2009, 06:45 AM   #27
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

This _is_ the real thing, dummy. Abandonia doesn't host demos.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 25-07-2009, 10:10 AM   #28
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

well it's protected anyways o_O
unregistered341- you can get the game off greedy noobs at id software

oh wait, you can't. they don't even offer it for a download or buy. see that's how retarded they are. protect their game and won't even let you buy or download it. yep, that's our id software
Old 25-07-2009, 11:01 AM   #29
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Who and when set to protected?
It was added precisely because it wasn't sold anywhere anymore, and the publisher was a different than ID company that went belly-up a long time back.
We haven't received any takedown request from ID... so WTF happened here?

Set the thing back to AW status now.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards

Last edited by The Fifth Horseman; 25-07-2009 at 11:12 AM.
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 19-09-2009, 05:25 PM   #30
rbaleksandar

Talking Commander Keen Series

Love the series. I've been playing them since I was 5 or 6 (so some time ago ). The only part of the series that I don't like is the one with the Dreams full of vegetables and such things that are totally not Keen-style. Otherwise I give this game 5/5 - wonderful graphics, nice storyline (for a side-scrolling game that is ), very very few bugs, great variety of enemies and levels. Can't imagine the history of gaming without this jewel. I would love to see another part of the series with the same engine, hero etc. Dunno if the engine is opened now (id software's policy is to do that when a new engine comes out).
rbaleksandar is offline                         Send a private message to rbaleksandar