Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 01-09-2006, 03:16 PM   #21

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Sep 1 2006, 01:10 PM) [snapback]252299[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

Can someone help me? I tried to download the copy protection book twice already and it won't open! When I open it in Acrobat Reader v4.0 it says "There was an error opening this document. This viewer cannot decrypt this document." I was downloading it in Firefox too... Is there any way to view it (program... text...)

[/b]

I had the same problem as you had initially. I had to go to the Adobe website and download a whole new version of Adobe reader. Version 7.0.8 I think. Be sure to choose the right OS when you download. If it's not for Mac, you can click the link directly above the dropdown menu that says something like "choose a different OS".

After you download, install it, etc then...well then, I am stuck now cos of the problem I posted before..
[color=#993399]

Old 01-09-2006, 03:31 PM   #22
Wildlotus

While still figuring out how to type the secret word into the textbox at the beginning, I happened to click on the eye of the phantom's mask. Kinda entertained me for awhile cos it suddenly started spewing out threats. hah!

But now, I am once again sitting in anguish, wrecking my brains on how I should proceed. Anyone out there who has the same problem as me? (Unable to type the secret word because everytime I click the screen it just takes me back to the "Return of the Phantom" music & graphic sequence.

*sigh*
Wildlotus is offline                         Send a private message to Wildlotus
Old 01-09-2006, 05:11 PM   #23
Frodo
One ring to rule them all...

Wild Lotus
Don't click on anything, just type in the word.

After you have updated Adobe Reader, you should be able to double click on the manual to open it. k:

Frodo is offline                         Send a private message to Frodo
Old 02-09-2006, 05:33 AM   #24
Wildlotus

Ahhh!!!!! Yes it works!

Thanks for the help.

*Lotus wonders off wondering how she could have been so blind, or dumb.. or both..*
Wildlotus is offline                         Send a private message to Wildlotus
Old 02-09-2006, 05:23 PM   #25
Frodo

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wildlotus @ Sep 2 2006, 06:33 AM) [snapback]252411[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Ahhh!!!!! Yes it works!

Thanks for the help.

*Lotus wonders off wondering how she could have been so blind, or dumb.. or both..*

[/b]

Hehehe. Hey, don't worry about it. Glad it works now, so you can enjoy the game. :brain:

Old 02-09-2006, 09:00 PM   #26
parrottart

I found a torrent of the full CD version with speech should anyone want it.

*snipety snip*

Use bitcomet or another torrent program. Well worth the download.
Oh..and if you do get it...move the directory \RESOURCE from your install directory to your root C:\ drive once you've installed. That's the only way to get the speech working.
parrottart is offline                         Send a private message to parrottart
Old 03-09-2006, 04:14 PM   #27
Tom Henrik
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via AIM to Tom Henrik Send a message via MSN to Tom Henrik

I removed your link, as I can not verify the games hosted on that site. And as it is a torrent site, I expent there could be hiding a lot of warez there. So for precaution's sake, I have removed the link.
Old 04-09-2006, 10:40 PM   #28

Played this game when it was out. Good atmosphere and nice puzzles. Another great game by Microprose (those guys were great, they also release UFO: EU).

Old 05-09-2006, 03:16 PM   #29
Wildlotus

I find myself wondering aimlessly in the catacombs. Every turn seems to lead to a slightly new chamber with several archways before me to choose from. Alas, I must have stumbled into the dreaded maze some of you have forewarned me of.

I have reached an opening having walked through two narrow tunnels, and have now come to a platform overlooking the sewerage lake, from the opposite end of the tunnel entrance (or so I presume). There are thick arch structures which seem to be supporting the otherwise crumbling walls of the catacombs.

Oh what a lonely place this is, apart from the intermittent skull, or rat's nest, or drain, every now and again. I save and recount my progress frequently, lest I should lose my way (or mind), through these sordid chambers.

Wish me luck, my fellow comrades, and for those who went before me, I would take my hat off you, if only I had remembered to wear it throughout this investigation.

Before the light from my lantern fades, I am in a constant dilemma as to whether I should find the easier way out by referring to a map of the maze, I seemed to have read about in prior journalistic entries of investigators who have come before me. However, at this juncture, my resolve has not been extinguished, and I shall continue this journey alone for a little while longer, before I too, perhaps, succumb to only other inevitible course of action.

Lotus
Old 05-09-2006, 11:18 PM   #30
Frodo

Hey Lotus

Yeah, that maze is really hard, and the sewer lake is a good reference point to save your game at.

If you do look at the maps, remember the solution is different for Easy Mode and Challenge Mode.

k: