Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 23-10-2006, 08:38 AM   #21
Jontzzu
Abandonia nerd

In Dark War 2 I encountered this kind of bug: when I were in cavern the enemies started floating in the air. And they couldn't attack on me. Quite easy to shoot the enemies down
Jontzzu is offline                         Send a private message to Jontzzu
Old 27-10-2006, 05:24 AM   #22
STFM
Abandonia nerd

palace barbarian

roll forward, hold headbutt - opponent will continue to also headbutt. If both characters headbutt there is an error in the sprite detection and it wont register a hit. The glitch is you can go into mid-slash and the computer will continue to headbutt. Every opponent except the first one does this so you can finish the game easy

utopia

you can build power stations anywhere along the bottom of the map up to about 5 squares in - so long as there is land there
STFM is offline                         Send a private message to STFM
Old 27-10-2006, 07:56 AM   #23
BeefontheBone
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
taking over the world can be tough if you can't walk 3 steps down the stairs[/b]
Tell that to the Daleks.
BeefontheBone is offline                         Send a private message to BeefontheBone
Old 29-10-2006, 11:48 PM   #24
STFM
Abandonia nerd

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BeefontheBone @ Oct 27 2006, 04:56 PM) [snapback]263765[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Quote:
taking over the world can be tough if you can't walk 3 steps down the stairs[/b]
Tell that to the Daleks.
[/b]
ELEVATE
Old 31-10-2006, 03:21 PM   #25
Cloudy
Game freak

Bugs...

Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing has a few (google it if you don't know what I'm talking about :P)

The void in Daggerfall was pretty funny. And annoying.

The Championship Manager/Football Manager series has had a few fun bugs in it's time too. 3 year old players (or 300 year old players), strange transfer fees, players being duplicated, a player called 'DELETE ME PLEASE'... the newest football manager game seems to have issues with red cards. I seem to have 3 players sent off every week.

Frontier: Elite II, and Frontier: First Encounters had a few funny ones too. Collision detection is horrible, sometimes you'll just explode for no apparent reason. And there's that weird bug where you can warp for a huge distance for almost no fuel, ending up hundreds of light years away (I think it was because of floating point calculations or something technical like that).

Cloudy is offline                         Send a private message to Cloudy
Old 31-10-2006, 10:52 PM   #26
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Cloudy @ Oct 31 2006, 04:21 PM) [snapback]264595[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Bugs...
Frontier: Elite II, and Frontier: First Encounters had a few funny ones too. Collision detection is horrible, sometimes you'll just explode for no apparent reason. And there's that weird bug where you can warp for a huge distance for almost no fuel, ending up hundreds of light years away (I think it was because of floating point calculations or something technical like that).
[/b]
Then of course, you have the stars that are somewhat not there... You can actually fly through some of them without the time compression.

...The missing line in the medals section is rather weird, and you have to find out the hard way to figure out you won't get one medal because you were too good! (well, either the hard way, or through the FFE faq...)

If one is to list every bug in that game, this post would eat the last bit of forum space. But it's a nice game though.
Old 31-10-2006, 10:54 PM   #27
Himmler
Trollmaster General

hostage bug in cs 1.5 or 1.6..can't remember
the bullet bug in 1.5 (good for awp-ers)
smoke bugs, flash bugs, you name it
Himmler is offline                         Send a private message to Himmler
Old 01-11-2006, 12:44 AM   #28
Treewyrm
Abandonia nerd

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Himmler @ Nov 1 2006, 01:54 AM) [snapback]264695[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
hostage bug in cs 1.5 or 1.6..can't remember
the bullet bug in 1.5 (good for awp-ers)
smoke bugs, flash bugs, you name it
[/b]
Might as well just say counter-bug or bug-strike, whatever it is...

It's interesting how some game bugs eventually turn into gameplay features in some games, namely q1/2/3.

Still my favourite multiplayer bug was invisible trip bomb laser in Duke Nukem 3D. Although it requires careful placement and knowledge of spots where it can be done. Fun guaranteed as well as extremely annoyed opponent (and I loved to tripwire most of the map). I used to play DN3D a lot back then with my friend. We never considered that a cheat as we both used this bug to our advantage. But sometimes we forgot where we placed them... One time I bombed almost every spawn location on the map. Ironicly I got killed... *press space to respawn* BOOM! *press space to respawn* BOOM! and etc... that was rather painful.
Treewyrm is offline                         Send a private message to Treewyrm
Old 01-11-2006, 01:35 AM   #29
STFM
Abandonia nerd

I think it was one of the early Kickoff games
You could turn "banana power" (how much the ball curved in the air) on so much you could make it come back to you like a boomerang after kicking it!
Old 01-11-2006, 02:42 AM   #30
Fawfulhasfury
Home Sweet Abandonia

Any glitch in super Mario 64

In Super Mario 64 ds I once went through a side of a level and died instantly

In Tribes 1 if I jump against walls sometimes I go through into an abyss I cna't get out of without restarting tribes

In Gunz Online I once got attached to a hackers head and ran around with him until someone killed him, then I died

In Wolf ET my body once got stuck to the tank when I died

In Silkroad Online, well, this one is self explanatory, see attached picture

Caption: HOT COFFEE!!!

Another possible caption: I didn't find any gold on the ground, but I managed to carry off a hawt broad!!!

Fawfulhasfury is offline                         Send a private message to Fawfulhasfury