Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 29-05-2007, 10:16 AM   #301
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

You need to get so far from the palace that you can't see it anymore. Then wait until the vision appears.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 10-06-2007, 09:24 PM   #302
Guest_Alan_*
I first saw this game when I was at school. I was on work placement and the guys in the office were playing this during their break. I have played most of the dune games but this is the best in my opinion. It is fairly easy to win if you follow the conversations and take not of what people are saying.

I have the CD version which replaces the text with real voices. The intro also includes a bit of the 80's Dune Movie. If you can find this version then you should play it instead. Either way, this game is brill!!

Old 11-06-2007, 04:39 PM   #303
Dave
Mandolin & Spaghetti Soldier

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest_Alan_* @ Jun 10 2007, 11:24 PM) [snapback]293842[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
I have the CD version which replaces the text with real voices. The intro also includes a bit of the 80's Dune Movie. If you can find this version then you should play it instead. Either way, this game is brill!!
[/b]
We have the ISO on Abandonia, but you must be registered to download it (and I dunno if you have to reach ** posts)
Old 26-07-2007, 02:56 AM   #304
DownSyndromeMan
Lurker

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(David86 @ Jun 11 2007, 05:39 PM) [snapback]293941[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest_Alan_* @ Jun 10 2007, 11:24 PM) [snapback]293842[/snapback]
Quote:
[/b]
We have the ISO on Abandonia, but you must be registered to download it (and I dunno if you have to reach ** posts)
[/b][/quote]

How do you get the ISO? Dune was one of the first PC games I ever played back on my old IBM PS/1 486/33. I remember at the time I didn't even have a sound card and was immensely disappointed I couldn't hear the music as a child. How great it would be if I could play the CD-rom version with real voices and better music.
DownSyndromeMan is offline                         Send a private message to DownSyndromeMan
Old 26-07-2007, 10:05 AM   #305
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

You will gain access to the "ISO Cellar" once you reach a certain postcount. It's not very high, you can get that much posts in less than a week without trying too hard.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 26-07-2007, 12:26 PM   #306
Dave
Mandolin & Spaghetti Soldier

and without spamming
Old 30-07-2007, 02:08 AM   #307

Hi. I had the same problem as the two other posters. When Jessica tells me to go to the desert alone, nothing happens. I've restarted the game twice already, and did everything in the tutorial. Is this some kind of bug or glitch? I move 15, 20 spaces to the left, right or south of the palace, and way for days, even weeks, and no vision come. Is there any way to work around this?

Old 30-07-2007, 03:28 AM   #308
Incappucciato d'Ombra
A Shadow in the shadows

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Jul 30 2007, 04:08 AM) [snapback]301886[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
bug or glitch? I move 15, 20 spaces to the left, right or south
[/b]
Interesting problem

Well, as far as i know not there are bugs/glitchs like this. I always moved Paul only clicking 2 (or 3) time on a random direction-arrow, therefore just a bit away from palace, and always Jessica contact Paul quickly (sometimes just the time to ignite a cigarette without waiting for evening/night/etc).

I never tried to move, on foot, Paul for more then 2-3 "spaces" (i presume that a space correspond to a click on a direction-arrow at the right bottom of screen) and perhaps this is the problem :blink:

15-20 "spaces" are much... very much and just to the left and right of Palace there is the Sietch Tuono-'&something' and the first smuggler's Village; about to the south there is another sietche (come in mind Habbaniya-Clam, but i'm unsure) but a bit more far away. Therefore, it's possible that you had run so far away from Palace that now you are close to another location and also if it's deserted, computer will count it as "you are not alone".

Try to run only a few "spaces" away from Palace, it's the only things that come in mind to me
Incappucciato d'Ombra is offline                         Send a private message to Incappucciato d'Ombra
Old 30-07-2007, 12:17 PM   #309
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

I went to the south until I couldn't see the Palace anymore and then 1 space further... that seems to work.

-- Reed Richards
Old 01-08-2007, 01:11 AM   #310
Delance

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Incappucciato d'Ombra @ Jul 30 2007, 12:28 AM) [snapback]301891[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Well, as far as i know not there are bugs/glitchs like this. I always moved Paul only clicking 2 (or 3) time on a random direction-arrow, therefore just a bit away from palace, and always Jessica contact Paul quickly (sometimes just the time to ignite a cigarette without waiting for evening/night/etc).
[/b]
I'm the same user, now registered.

I've played this game quite a few times and this didn't happen before. :wallbash: Oh well.

But just standing there and doing nothing (not waiting, not moving) counts as time? Maybe I should try that. :bleh:

Thanks!
Delance is offline                         Send a private message to Delance