Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 02-05-2007, 06:31 PM   #291
Icewolf
Il Lupone

Send a message via ICQ to Icewolf

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ilhan Xavier @ Apr 28 2007, 10:43 AM) [snapback]288719[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Thanks. The thing about picking up stuff from the villages is that when I tell the fremen to go to the villages, they say: "We don't like the villages, but we will go and pick up equipment of neccesary" which generally suggests that there is some option to send them there specifically. I'll try what you suggested though[/b]
Actually there is a specific option that reads"Look for equipment" or similar. THAT works.
If you send them to a village you tell them to go there and stay which they refuse to do.
Got it? k:
Old 09-05-2007, 05:05 PM   #292

I need help!

I finally got the CD ROM version of the game but I can't even install it properly. I want to play the CD Rom version so badly, PLEASE tell me that it's possible somehow!

Old 10-05-2007, 08:51 AM   #293
Icewolf
Il Lupone

Hi, we're glad if we can help somebody out, but we need information:
  1. Where's that CD-version from?
  2. What are your system specifications?
  3. Did you try Dos-Box or VDMSound?
  4. What is the error-message?
  5. What have you already tried or done?
Old 10-05-2007, 11:13 AM   #294
melthas
Abandonia nerd

I completed this game but there is something I couldn't find out. What the hell is vegetation good for?
It only kills spice density so I used it only in sectors where no more spice was left. How does it stop Harkonnens? I also couldn't see any difference about how long you grow vegetation. It only seems greener and nothing else. Only effect I noticed was Fremen's morale increasing when they heard about experiments.
melthas is offline                         Send a private message to melthas
Old 10-05-2007, 11:25 AM   #295
Icewolf
Il Lupone

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(melthas @ May 10 2007, 01:13 PM) [snapback]289806[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
I completed this game but there is something I couldn't find out. What the hell is vegetation good for?
It only kills spice density so I used it only in sectors where no more spice was left. How does it stop Harkonnens? I also couldn't see any difference about how long you grow vegetation. It only seems greener and nothing else. Only effect I noticed was Fremen's morale increasing when they heard about experiments.[/b]
Killing spice is the exact pupose of the vegetation. As Liet Kynes tells you, everyone just sees Dune as a spice deliverer. The inhabitants of Dune, the Fremen, want to change that. It's their beloved homeland.
And thus their motivation is raised by that. Thus you can fight the harkonnens better. Thus the Harkonnens loose their interest in Dune(Arrakis) and so does the Emperor.
To make the planet greener and less harsh to live on is the Fremens aim.

It's the _story_ behind that game.
Old 10-05-2007, 11:38 AM   #296
melthas
Abandonia nerd

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Icewolf @ May 10 2007, 02:25 PM) [snapback]289808[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
It's the _story_ behind that game.
[/b]
I knew the story but I was expecting it to effect the game seriously. I spent hours for spreading vegetation as much as possible, waiting for something to happen, before launching the final attack :angry:
By the way there was another girl other than Chani, what was important about her? Is she also just for story?

I am expecting everything to have a mission, that's my problem I guess
melthas is offline                         Send a private message to melthas
Old 10-05-2007, 11:47 AM   #297
Icewolf
Il Lupone

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(melthas @ May 10 2007, 01:38 PM) [snapback]289810[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
I knew the story but I was expecting it to effect the game seriously. I spent hours for spreading vegetation as much as possible, waiting for something to happen, before launching the final attack :angry:
By the way there was another girl other than Chani, what was important about her? Is she also just for story?[/b]
Yes. That girl is Harah. She shows you the first three Habbanya-Sietches that are really rich in spice. And some abandoned Tuono-Sietch, I think.
Quote:
Originally posted by melthas
I am expecting everything to have a mission, that's my problem I guess
I did that vegetation-thing as well. No nothing special happens.
I think it is the best thing to make sure that the Harkonnens don't attack your Sietches. No spice, no interest.
Old 10-05-2007, 12:55 PM   #298
Guest_Dave_*
This is definitely one of my favorite games ever. I probably have played it throguh over a hundered times LOL. Anyone else think it is fun to bring the duke along ot the final attack? hahahah. If you do stuff fast enough (trigger the harah dump by day 6-7 and pick up chani, which involves knowing what triggers what, I'm confident you can figure it out) you can keep the duke alive and everyone will talk about him like he is dead but he's still standing in the throne room. Bonus is that he'll come along for the final ride. I thought it was funny at least. ( ) Best of luck you spice fiends.

Old 13-05-2007, 10:04 AM   #299
another_guest
Abandonia Homie

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(melthas @ May 10 2007, 11:38 AM) [snapback]289810[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
[/b]
Vegetation will move north when planted --> you can use it to destroy spice that the Harkonnens are otherwise mining. And I've heard that it improves the morale of your Fremen troops in the game, which will also help them to fight better. Hard to check all of that though...
Old 26-05-2007, 10:34 AM   #300

Snif, i have a problem :/

When Jessica say me to walk alone in the desert, i go, but the vision don't come!
I have follow the ealkthrough
"Tell Gurney and
Harah to stay in the Palace and then go outside away from the Palace
and wait for morning/evening. You will then receive your first vision,
from Leto."
But, nothing!
I have also restart the game, but... nothing

Solution?
Thanks