Old 15-06-2006, 01:09 PM   #351
a15drian
Game freak

Send a message via MSN to a15drian

Tell me all the error message and ill figure it out
Old 15-06-2006, 08:48 PM   #352
Duke fan in need
Smile

It says that it can't run in a window and to press Alt+Enter to switch to full screen, when I do it says I can't switch to full!

But that's just when i'm trying to run Blood. What I really would like to know is how to get it to install into my "Unzipped" folder just like everything else! I know that my unzipping software works because I successfully unzipped and installed "Alien Trilogy" [which by the way, sucks].

I don't know why but it seems to not want to install correctly... :wallbash:

Old 16-06-2006, 01:08 PM   #353

I love this site, there is so much information to be found. Thank you.

Old 18-06-2006, 11:40 AM   #354
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Duke fan in need @ Jun 14 2006, 08:56 PM) [snapback]236865[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Help!

I downloaded Blood a while ago and everything pretty much went fine. I unzipped it and after I finally figured out how to create a working shortcut to it, it worked fine. Now the shortcut won't work and I can't re-install Blood. It keeps making temporary files, but not actual files

I don't know what to do now because I can't even play it after directly unzipping it anymore! It really sucks because I was pretty far and it is an awesome game. Whenever I try to do so, it just gives me the message that it can't run in a window and asks me to run in full screen, but when I try to run in full-screen it just gives me an error anyway.

I know for a fact that my computer is advanced enough to run it correctly, but just in case here are my computer specs:

Dell Dimension 300mhz processor
Windows 98
220 MB RAM
16 MB graphics card (Corell Graphics)
Sound Blaster sound card

Any helpful tips on correctly installing and shortcutting to it [so it won't quit working]?
[/b]

Well -. if it has been running fine - and then it stopped working, something must have been changed (hope it's not something that simple than you moved the folder around on the harddisk to clean up ).
Well - Blood runs normally fine on a Win98 System - best of all in pure DOS mode - but anyway - it also runs in Windows full-screen mode when following the instructions postetd in this thread already several times - just read a bit <_<

Try to remove the game and all shortcuts you've created completly from your harddisk, then unzip all files again from the downloaded archiv, run setup.exe, then double click blood.exe. If it runs fine, just right click on the blood.exe and choose "Create Shortcut" (or mark the blood.exe, hold down the right Mouse button and drag/drop it to your desktop - choose "Create shortcut here" from the submenu that appears when you drop the file to your desktop). That should do the trick - otherwise tell us what goes wrong on one of those steps.

Cheers,
Peter

Old 19-06-2006, 02:28 AM   #355
Thankful Duke fan (no longer in
Talking

Thank you very much for your help! I was doing as you reccomended and I searched my computer for "blood" files and I found that all of the files were installed correctly...to a temporary folder, this would explain why it stopped working on me before. I copied all of the files into a new folder on My Documents, everything runs smoothly.

Thank you very very much for the advice, if it weren't for you, I never would have searched it and probably would have ended up buying a 30$ copy on Amazon.

By the way, why all of a sudden is "Blood" ESA protected? It's been here for as long as I can remember...

Old 03-07-2006, 09:21 AM   #356
Smegol

How come the movie files don't work?

Old 09-07-2006, 09:38 PM   #357

If only it was still up for download

Old 18-07-2006, 11:42 PM   #358

I can open it with DOSBox but the game is very slow for some reason... can anyone help? I tried raising the cpu cycle but it doesnt seem to work !

Old 19-07-2006, 12:16 AM   #359

Another thing, when I try to open the game without the dosbox my DOS windows opens and closes very quickly!

Old 19-07-2006, 11:57 AM   #360
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Thats why you need to use DosBox, dummy!

You might want to refer to the DosBox FAQ on their project page... a lot is explained there.

What hardware specs are you trying to run the game at? Maximum number of cycles your machine can handle is capped by the speed of your CPU.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman