Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 07-04-2005, 03:07 PM   #11
Roy

Quote:
Originally posted by Elliott Miller@Feb 11 2005, 10:27 PM
How do I install Psuhover on my Dell? I want to play it sooo bad, I remember it from 12 years ago!
Try running it through VDMS, that usually does it for old DOS games. (After installing VDMS you can right-click in Explorer and choose the "Run with VDMS" option.)

http://www.driverheaven.net/archive/...php/t-715.html

Old 07-04-2005, 06:23 PM   #12
bojster
Forum hobbit

Pushover rocks! Just curious, was the quasi-sequel One Step Beyond ever released for PC (I have both games on my Amiga, Pushover is better, but OSB is fun as well)?
bojster is offline                         Send a private message to bojster
Old 07-04-2005, 06:26 PM   #13
Chris
Abandonia Homie

it was released for DOS in 1993

release info

Chris is offline                         Send a private message to Chris
Old 28-04-2005, 12:37 PM   #14
Rob

What is the key stroke sequence to drop the domino from a higher level without falling?

Can't figure it out for the life of me, but need to do it on one level...

Old 09-05-2005, 09:43 AM   #15
Werwolf

I want ask you, how can I take a snapshot of this genial game. Windows XP. I tried first PRINTSCREEN, than xnview.com. But it doesn't function. Any idea. Thanks

Old 09-05-2005, 10:15 AM   #16
Reup
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

mmm... try using DosBOX. Ctrl-F5 gives you a capture in .PNG-format. From XP, usaually it's alt + print screen, but this might only work in windows native programs. You could use n external progam (IrfanView for example) to take the shots!

More about screenshots in the screenshots thread! in which I just took 15 screens or so from the nice little game pushover! (using DOSBox)!

edit: I did this before reading your post, btw.
Reup is offline                         Send a private message to Reup
Old 25-05-2005, 07:51 PM   #17
runathamill
Lurker

i just downloaded this classic of a game, which i havent play since i was 8. im so close but it says i have to put in disk number 1 to play?? what should i do?
runathamill is offline                         Send a private message to runathamill
Old 27-06-2005, 05:41 PM   #18
George

Quote:
Originally posted by Rob@Apr 28 2005, 12:37 PM
What is the key stroke sequence to drop the domino from a higher level without falling?
[quote]

I'm fairly sure there is no such move. You certainly don't need to do it until level 98 (which I am currently stuck on), so I reckon it's unlikely that you need to do it even if there is some sort of glitch that allows you to.

Old 19-09-2005, 01:49 AM   #19

How can I get this to play? It won't install or play on my XP machine - the black DOS screen comes up for a second, then disappears. I have it on CD and couldn't install it, and this download won't install either. I want to play...

Old 19-09-2005, 02:58 PM   #20
Shrek
Abandonia Ogre

Quote:
Originally posted by runathamill+May 25 2005, 08:51 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (runathamill @ May 25 2005, 08:51 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>i just downloaded this classic of a game, which i havent play since i was 8. im so close but it says i have to put in disk number 1 to play?? what should i do?[/b]

<!--QuoteBegin-Guest
@Sep 19 2005, 02:49 AM
How can I get this to play?* It won't install or play on my XP machine - the black DOS screen comes up for a second, then disappears.* I have it on CD and couldn't install it, and this download won't install either.* * I want to play...[/quote]

I' belive it will run only under DOSBox or in a "pure DOS" system.

there is also a tutorial (which seems to be offline right now :blink: ) and some easy instructions here

i don' t think you need to install it, just try to run the exe file to start it.

i hope this helps you guys k:
Shrek is offline                         Send a private message to Shrek