Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 12-11-2005, 02:25 PM   #1
TheVoid
Home Sweet Abandonia

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review and Download (if available)

Last edited by Luchsen; 24-01-2008 at 05:09 PM.
TheVoid is offline                         Send a private message to TheVoid
Old 12-11-2005, 03:08 PM   #2

You will fight bravely and die very quickly. I played this a long, long time ago, and it's not that bad a game... so long as you manage to avoid the assassins, bandits or whatever they are that'll make mincemeat of you almost instantly.

Old 12-11-2005, 06:57 PM   #3
Blood-Pigggy
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

When I wrote the review, I was about 3/4 finished with the game.
Believe it or not, I'd been playing the game for a month before-hand, it's incredibly difficult but it pays off.

My Site -
http://sites.google.com/site/eyenixon
Blood-Pigggy is offline                         Send a private message to Blood-Pigggy
Old 13-11-2005, 02:05 AM   #4
Borodin
Home Sweet Abandonia

"Otherwise, gameplay is excellent, and Shogun is a masterpiece."

But what makes Shogun a masterpiece? I know from the review that you can barter, attack, and talk to people, and that you choose to play one of several characters, but nothing in there has even hinted at anything that makes the game good, let alone a "masterpiece."
Borodin is offline                         Send a private message to Borodin
Old 13-11-2005, 04:16 AM   #5
moogle
Abandonia Homie

Whew, someone did the review, good, I feel like a retard cause I couldn't get it to work on my comp.....
moogle is offline                         Send a private message to moogle
Old 13-11-2005, 05:34 AM   #6
Shatari
Cool

I remember this game! I used to play it on the C-64. Oh what wonderful memories! I used to love this game. I wonder if I can still beat it...

Old 13-11-2005, 04:10 PM   #7

didn´t really played this game but if you like feudal japan games the best one i ever seen is ``Sword of the samurai´´ a game you can find right in this page k:

Old 13-11-2005, 04:29 PM   #8
Blood-Pigggy
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally posted by Borodin@Nov 12 2005, 10:05 PM
"Otherwise, gameplay is excellent, and Shogun is a masterpiece."

But what makes Shogun a masterpiece?* I know from the review that you can barter, attack, and talk to people, and that you choose to play one of several characters, but nothing in there has even hinted at anything that makes the game good, let alone a "masterpiece."
Go read Sixx's review, then come back and tell me that it didn't have any reason behind it's status.

Don't give me those kinds of stupid comments. I have more to worry about in my life then someone pointing out human logistic speaking in my reviews.

P.S. - Why do people always bother me with MY reviews? I mean, a ton of topics have been spammed with people saying "Your review is flawed" and then some standing up for me saying "No it isn't" Yeesh, it's not a grail or anything, I don't see this happening in any other topics, so stop babbling about them!

My Site -
http://sites.google.com/site/eyenixon
Blood-Pigggy is offline                         Send a private message to Blood-Pigggy
Old 13-11-2005, 10:53 PM   #9
moogle
Abandonia Homie

Hehe....ya people always tend to pick on you when I probly have the worst spelling / grammer here.....

Its a "tastic" typo!
Weee.... :bleh:

And besides, it is a masterpiece, its based on the most awesomest book.
Gai-jin is also pretty cool, just finished that one
moogle is offline                         Send a private message to moogle
Old 14-11-2005, 12:16 AM   #10
Borodin
Home Sweet Abandonia

Go read Sixx's review, then come back and tell me that it didn't have any reason behind it's status.

Don't give me those kinds of stupid comments. I have more to worry about in my life then someone pointing out human logistic speaking in my reviews.

Well, let's see what makes it a masterpiece, using your own words:

It's a "bizarre" game, you say, and the screens are "well designed" with "little people running around, nice architecture, and more." Isometric? 2D? Does it switch to top-down at any point? No idea. The music and sound, though, "is actually much better than you'd expect it to be," but since I didn't have any expectations, I suppose that's a blank. Are we onto the part explaining why this is a masterpiece, yet? No, but I'm sure...

Oh, but no! Here it is: "In Shogun, you choose your identity (a certain character)and then play their story. This leads like an Adventure mostly, you can chat with people, attack them, or barter. You have several commands at your repertoire, attack, examine, talk, and etc." Yep! Sure sounds like something I've never played before! Incredibly focused, unusual and original features, remarkable detail, extraordinary ingenuity in the development of plot and replay--it's all there! With plenty of carefully explained examples on your part, too, for idiots like myself. Those two lines of yours absolutely explain giving your highest accolade of this title. (For a masterpiece, of course, is the best thing of its kind.)

Why, I'd bow before your feet, that is, if you weren't so busy kicking me because I had the stupidity to ask what made the game a masterpiece. :angel:
Borodin is offline                         Send a private message to Borodin