Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 14-03-2007, 04:04 PM   #21
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Let me quote someone who replied to a similar post in this thread before:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sebatianos @ Oct 9 2005, 08:16 PM) [snapback]166432[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
I do agree that getting too much information may spoil the fun of playing the game, but a reviewer also needs to decide what information is relevant.

If you think the main point of this game was, that the plot takes you beyond your first mission and that knowing you'll have to search for the Oracle Stone spoiled the game, then all I have to say is, that you don't really apreaciate this game. It's got much more appeal then that.
[/b]
This said, the reviewer looked at the situation from your point of view, and requested the spoiler to be removed from the text (which has just been done by Romano, one of our updaters).
I have also "hidden" all references to that spoiler in this thread - they are in white text now and will not be visible unless selected. Better?

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 16-04-2007, 07:33 PM   #22
gordard

Man, what a bunch of babies!

ORACLE STONE, ORACLE STONE, ORACLE STONE! Anybody need a hanky?

I found the review to be just fine. I can't get music, but game works great with sound fx. I might try DOSBOX, see if that helps.

I'm in the middle of this game now, and am enjoying it quite a bit. Highly recommended.

For those new to Tex, the story in Mean Streets is the same story as Tex Murphy Overseer (another spoiler!) with minor differences. Full information on running both is available on the web, I've run DVD version of Overseer on XP with no problems once I procured a copy of an older software DVD player.

Old 06-05-2007, 08:18 PM   #23
punisher

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Frodo @ Oct 12 2005, 01:31 PM) [snapback]167272[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Guest@Oct 12 2005, 05:02 AM
locks ujp when i pick up the communicator help
Hi Guest

Yes, I found that as well, but I thought that was just me. Try this.

Delete the file called MM.CFG. This is the configuration file. Now when you start the game, you will be asked to configure the game for sounds etc.

I found these settings best:
At the first screen, choose 1. Mouse
At the next screen, choose 2. Roland music
At the next screen, choose 4. Soundblaster
At the next screen, choose 2. 220 H port
At the last screen, choose 3. 5 Interupt

Hopefully now the screen won't freeze up. Let me know how you get on.

k:
[/b]

this setup didn't work game still hangs up

Old 09-02-2008, 03:58 AM   #24
WendyMann
Game freak

Hello all

Help please!!! My sister is playing this game and is stuck at the duct-maze : neither she nor her adventurous 12-year-old son can get through the maze :confused: :-

1) she says that she is playing under DOSBox, and although the walkthrough says "press INS and O then press arrow key" to get out of the duct maze, DOSBox disables caps lock, so she cannot get a capital O to be able to press Ins and "O"
Any help gratefully appreciated please :-)

Later note: I have just received an email from my sister to say she tried a suggestion I sent her, and it worked : you must type Ins and o (i.e. lower-case o, not capital O) AND an arrow key, all 3 at the same time!!!
2) can anyone please attach a map for the duct maze (even a scanned hand-drawn one), which is the other way to solve this.
Late note: I would still appreciate a map, please, for when I (and others who use this forum) play this game sometime later.

Regards
Wendy

Last edited by WendyMann; 10-02-2008 at 05:11 AM.
WendyMann is offline                         Send a private message to WendyMann
Old 09-02-2008, 11:47 AM   #25
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Seems that the game manual has information on the layout of ventillation ducts - it was apparently supposed to be some sort of copy protection.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 09-02-2008, 03:35 PM   #26
WendyMann
Game freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fifth Horseman View Post
Seems that the game manual has information on the layout of ventillation ducts - it was apparently supposed to be some sort of copy protection.
Hi Fifth Horseman
Thanks, but the game manual on this site only has info re controls for the duct maze, and for the easy-exit method. Maybe the original printed manual had the layout info?
Anyway, my sister used the "easy-exit" and is out of the maze, and I will try to map it myself, when I get around to playing this game.
Best regards
Wendy
WendyMann is offline                         Send a private message to WendyMann
Old 09-02-2008, 04:30 PM   #27
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
Maybe the original printed manual had the layout info?
My source gives the directions as on pages 9 to 13 of the manual - it's possible it included maps.

You might want to check if there is a PDF of the manual at replacementdocs.com .

-- Reed Richards
Old 10-02-2008, 10:53 AM   #28
WendyMann
Game freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fifth Horseman View Post
My source gives the directions as on pages 9 to 13 of the manual - it's possible it included maps.

You might want to check if there is a PDF of the manual at replacementdocs.com .
Hello Fifth Horseman
No such luck at replacementdocs, thanks, nor at underdogs. My sister is now stuck on a gameplay problem further on in the game, so it looks like I will have to play this game myself now rather than later, so I can help her!!!
The screenshots look good, so maybe I am just MEANT to play this now!!!
It will probably be a nicer game than the one I intended to start on!!!
Best regards, and thanks again.
Wendy
Old 12-02-2008, 07:39 PM   #29
Sal
Game Wizzard

Default Martian Memorandum

Hi Wendy... When your sister finishes MM she would probably like "countdown" which is made by the same people..Same controls etc..If she plays it I would love to know how she gets past the tiger. I have been stuck for months now...I have MM but haven't played it yet..SAL
Sal is offline                         Send a private message to Sal
Old 13-02-2008, 04:04 PM   #30
WendyMann
Game freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sal View Post
Hi Wendy... When your sister finishes MM she would probably like "countdown" which is made by the same people..Same controls etc..If she plays it I would love to know how she gets past the tiger. I have been stuck for months now...I have MM but haven't played it yet..SAL
Hi Sal
My sister emails me whenever she has finished or given up on a game (or when she is stuck). I therefore checked my files and I see she gave up on Countdown.
If you like, send me your saved game from BEFORE the tiger, and tell me which walkthrough you are using (or email it to me with the saved game) and I will install the game and see if I can get past the tiger for you.

Next, I am going to play either Big Red Adventure (sequel to Nippon Safes Inc) or else Martian Memorandum - but will probably opt for Martian Memorandum first.
Best wishes
Wendy