Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > The ISO Cellar > H
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 17-01-2011, 08:54 PM   #1
Paco
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Paco Send a message via MSN to Paco Send a message via Yahoo to Paco
Default Hero Quest

Hero Quest

Info: Abandonia, MobyGames

Download(s):
Uploaded by: Ermuli

Check here for Maps i made
Paco is offline                         Send a private message to Paco
Old 01-04-2011, 12:43 AM   #2
WolverineDK
Game Wizzard

If it were only a kind of real iso file. Then I would love to download it, but as far I can see it. Then you have to download the files individually which sucks in my mind. So if somebody could make a mirror of the complete archive on a site which is more suitable. Then I would very happy about it. Cause I would love to see if there are differences between the CD versions and the version I already have.
WolverineDK is offline                         Send a private message to WolverineDK
Old 01-04-2011, 07:06 AM   #3
dosraider
Dismembered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineDK View Post
If it were only a kind of real iso file. Then I would love to download it, but as far I can see it.
CloneCD images are 'real' CD images. They have several advantages compared to the extremely basic ISO format( mixed mode CDs, copy protection, etcetera etcetera ...blah blah). Even if I personally prefer the BIN/CUE format, there is nothing wrong with CCD images.
Quote:
Then you have to download the files individually which sucks in my mind.
http://jdownloader.org/ ...... two clicks to download a series of files.

Not a member of The Victorious People's Shoutbox Liberation Army.
Not a member of the GAG Guerrilla. Don't get A Grip!
FOR RENT
*Advertising space*
dosraider is offline                         Send a private message to dosraider
Old 01-04-2011, 08:38 AM   #4
WolverineDK
Game Wizzard

dosraider, I don't care about what kind of "iso" file it is. 4shared is just not my cup of tea. It is no wonder why , when I upload any kind of "all in one file", even if it is cue and bin files (or an arseload of other "iso" files). I prefer downloading it in one file (zip 7zip etc.) But the kicker here, when I click the link I get the option of either downloading covers.rar, hero.nfo hero.rar or hero.sfv so my question basically is this is it hero.rar I have to download ? (which I think it is ) then thank you Sir. Basically putting everything into one iso makes things easier to download and no I am not going to install jdownloader. Oh yeah I have just gotten the file downloaded.
WolverineDK is offline                         Send a private message to WolverineDK
Old 01-04-2011, 09:45 AM   #5
dosraider
Dismembered.

For the Hero Quest image it seems indeed you only need to down one file, the hero.rar file, so no need to complain.

As for your
Quote:
I prefer downloading it in one file (zip 7zip etc.)
believe it or not, some peeps still are on dialup or have a not so steady innet conn, so those are pretty happy with splitted files, avoids to have to download several hundreds of MBs in one file when things go wrong.
And also for the uploader, when one file goes wrong, they can replace a smaller file if needed.
Again, not every one is as lucky as us to have high speed broadband or fiberspeed innet conn.

So yeah, you're not happy, but many others are.
Even if you're not happy, no need for complains, keep in mind you're a freerider. (No pun intended).

[Edit]
And a big "thank you Ermuli", for all your nice uploads.
(As it seems that WolverineDK only can nitpick, but a 'thank you' is too much for him.)

Not a member of The Victorious People's Shoutbox Liberation Army.
Not a member of the GAG Guerrilla. Don't get A Grip!
FOR RENT
*Advertising space*

Last edited by dosraider; 01-04-2011 at 10:06 AM. Reason: grrrrrrrrmpfffffffffffffffffffffffff modus.
dosraider is offline                         Send a private message to dosraider
Old 01-04-2011, 11:50 AM   #6
Ermuli
Home Sweet Abandonia

I'm not offended at all. Life is full of choices and if (s)he decides not to like
my way of uploading stuff, that's OK with me.
Ermuli is offline                         Send a private message to Ermuli
Old 01-04-2011, 11:53 AM   #7
WolverineDK
Game Wizzard

dosraider: I believe, I did say thank you.but it was mixed in with my "complaint". but I just found out, unless the version is a revision. That the only real difference between the version I have, and the iso file. Is that it includes adobe acrobat reader for both windows and dos. Also I wish all the people in the world, at least had DSL.
Old 04-04-2011, 06:29 AM   #8
WolverineDK
Game Wizzard

Ermuli: I am not a woman, so if you are calling me a bitch. Then we might have a big problem.

Would you call James Howlett aka. "Logan" (the comic characters name) a woman ?

Also Ermuli, if you have a retro rig with a Creative soundcard or two in it. And you need to get the drivers for that old card, then you might need to ask me for mirrors of the drivers. Since I am actually a member of a project, that has made mirrors of Creative drivers, and every time there is an update in that project, then I upload the update and make a mirror or two of the project. I just think 4shared just plainly sucks, unless you need the individual file , and not the whole bunch.

Last edited by WolverineDK; 04-04-2011 at 07:41 AM.
Old 04-04-2011, 07:20 AM   #9
Ermuli
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Ermuli: I am not a woman, so if you are calling me a bitch. Then we might have a big problem.

Would you call James Howlett aka. "Logan" (the comic characters name) a women ?

Also Ermuli, if you have a retro rig with a Creative soundcard or two in it. And you need to get the drivers for that old card, then you might need to ask me for mirrors of the drivers. Since I am actually a member of a project, that has made mirrors of Creative drivers, and every time there is an update in that project, then I upload the update and make a mirror or two of the project. I just think 4shared just plainly sucks, unless you need the individual file , and not the whole bunch.
Relax, I simply don't know you...hence the expression (s)he.

I agree that 4shared sucks.
Ermuli is offline                         Send a private message to Ermuli
Old 04-04-2011, 07:41 AM   #10
WolverineDK
Game Wizzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ermuli View Post
Relax, I simply don't know you...hence the expression (s)he.

I agree that 4shared sucks.
Okay, peace out mate

Sorry about the misspelling, I know the singular form is woman. I just typed too fast