Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 24-03-2005, 09:36 PM   #491
Havell
Home Sweet Abandonia

800th POST!!!!!

:evil: :evil: :evil:

Ummm... yeah, great game UFO. :whistle:

I'm actully doing the best I have ever done in my last game. I've never actully completed the game but I am doing well on this game, I just used my 8 man team to take a landed battleship (landed, so all aliens still alive and no holes) and didn't lose anyone! :Brain:
Havell is offline                         Send a private message to Havell
Old 24-03-2005, 09:38 PM   #492
Dreadlord
[BANNED]

What the hell was that? Spam?
Dreadlord is offline                         Send a private message to Dreadlord
Old 24-03-2005, 09:38 PM   #493
Lizard
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally posted by R Havell@Mar 24 2005, 11:36 PM
800th POST!!!!!

:evil: :evil: :evil:

Ummm... yeah, great game UFO. :whistle:

I'm actully doing the best I have ever done in my last game.* I've never actully completed the game but I am doing well on this game, I just used my 8 man team to take a landed UFO (landed, so all aliens still alive and no holes) and didn't lose anyone! :Brain:
You are a really really evil and mean person.Poor PrejudiceSucks.She must wait till 900th.And 1000th is MINE :evil: :evil: :evil:
Lizard is offline                         Send a private message to Lizard
Old 25-03-2005, 01:51 AM   #494
another_guest
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally posted by Omnipotent Deity@Mar 24 2005, 10:35 PM
I've never heard of windows+shift+m before so i pressed it a bunch of times and the game seemed pretty stable today... then it crashed, LOL, but i had just saved so i hold no grudge. Is there a list of windows shortcut keys, i keep learning new ones...
That was the combination to restore all windows to their previous size, not meant to do any harm.
If you want a list of the windows shortcut keys, search in the windows help, you'll find a list there.
Old 25-03-2005, 07:54 AM   #495
PrejudiceSucks
Above-Par

R Havell you have just insulted the name of Manny Calavera. Would he do that to people? Probably not.

And if all you captured grounded was a small/very small ship then you should be embarassed really, they're extremely easy to take.

Boohoo my sweet, sweet post...

And Omnipotent_Deity, why not get a member's account? That would probably help. I hope that in the end UFO turns out OK for you.
PrejudiceSucks is offline                         Send a private message to PrejudiceSucks
Old 25-03-2005, 09:50 AM   #496
Strobe
Home Sweet Abandonia

r havell, you are surely aware, that it is not the purpose of threads to nominate
those who get to the "xxxth post". however if you want to play such a "game"
it's ok as long as no spamming and most of all NO FLAMING is involved!!

so please, just be nice, keep on exchanging information about this thread's
topic and mind your language!

Strobe is offline                         Send a private message to Strobe
Old 25-03-2005, 10:08 AM   #497
Havell
Home Sweet Abandonia

OK, sorry about that last one. I managed to resist making a double post to get it eariler.

And it wasn't a small ship, it was a battleship.
Havell is offline                         Send a private message to Havell
Old 25-03-2005, 11:31 AM   #498
dunkellic

is the inner level at cydonia built the same way the normal alienbases are built?

and will i encounter chrysalids??
i found that the easiest way to deal with a chrysalid/snakeman base is, to position your soldiers in the "beam down room" (you know, the one with the green floor), aiming at the red fields and hope your reactionfire works. oh, and now and then you could check if theres someone "downstairs" and throw a nade (or more) down.

that worked pretty well, but your soldiers need good reaction and should be armed with heavy plasmas in order to kill an chrysalid as fast as possible.

btw, i´ve managed it to read the whole thread
dunkellic is offline                         Send a private message to dunkellic
Old 25-03-2005, 01:18 PM   #499
PrejudiceSucks
Above-Par

Yeah, it's a lot like a real base. That's another reason to take blaster launchers + high explosive - You can 'cheat' through this bit by 'tunneling' through the walls to get to the other side - very handy.

X-Com tip for the day: Prioritise your targets. First take out those with Blaster Launchers, then Stun Launchers and then plasma weapons. I can't help but point out that being unconscious is about as handy as being dead. So don't hesitate to kill those with Small Launchers.
PrejudiceSucks is offline                         Send a private message to PrejudiceSucks
Old 25-03-2005, 02:12 PM   #500
another_guest
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally posted by dunkellic@Mar 25 2005, 12:31 PM
is the inner level at cydonia built the same way the normal alienbases are built?

and will i encounter chrysalids??
I don't think I've met any chrysalids there, as far as I remember.