Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 02-02-2006, 01:37 PM   #1
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review and Download (if available)

Last edited by Luchsen; 25-01-2008 at 02:42 PM.
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 02-02-2006, 01:45 PM   #2
Jimmy Harris

The Amiga version is a lot better than this. I think I've found an easy way to beat the game. Just keep visiting your girlfriend/wife (be nice to her) and finally she should help you kill Santucci. Works at least in the Amiga version.
Jimmy Harris is offline                         Send a private message to Jimmy Harris
Old 02-02-2006, 08:31 PM   #3
paulypoos
Abandonia nerd

Yeah, I had this for the Amiga and agree the graphics were superb, most of CINEMAWARES stuff looked fab, one of those companys that stood out from the crowd. Despite the lack of colours in this PC version it still looks fantastic for its day. I cant remember much about the gameplay except that most of the time you were just choosing between 2 or 3 options BUT it was always a joy to look at, fantastic faces on all the characters!
paulypoos is offline                         Send a private message to paulypoos
Old 02-02-2006, 08:33 PM   #4

shows how much the Amiga was superioir back then *sniff*

Old 02-02-2006, 08:34 PM   #5
Kohlrabi

you can download the Amiga version directly from Cinemaware I think, with WinUAE or similar it's no problem emulating an Amiga, but you'll still need some kickstart ROMs.

Old 02-02-2006, 08:42 PM   #6
paulypoos
Abandonia nerd

The cinemaware sites great and I have this game for the Amiga emulator, will dig it out to remind myself how good it looks/sounds. I still find it fascinating to see these old games I used to play on the AMIGA and finding out what they were like on the PC. When you consider that visually theres not much difference between PC,PS2 and XBOX these days its amazing that the PC and AMIGA games were so different looking way back then (wheres me zimmerframe!), games like everything in this world are just becoming clones!
paulypoos is offline                         Send a private message to paulypoos
Old 04-02-2006, 10:11 AM   #7
pez spencer

the thing that really got my goat on the amiga version, which i have in my disk box sitting next to my amiga 1000 in the basement, is that you have to have 1.5 megs of memory for the newspaper to spin at the beginning of the game! but, yeah, the amiga version was much better than this EGA version on the pc.

Old 05-02-2006, 03:04 AM   #8
Yobor
Hero Gamer

This game looks really cool! Great job on this one, guys! k:
Yobor is offline                         Send a private message to Yobor
Old 05-02-2006, 08:45 AM   #9
paulypoos
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
you have to have 1.5 megs of memory for the newspaper to spin at the beginning of the game!
ahhh...spinning newspapers, I wish there were more in modern movies, those were the days.....now its all automatic weapons, explosions, sex, swearing and crude jokes. Spinning newspapers were so inoffensive and kept one man in the movie business for nearly 3 decades. Did you know that? it was a guy called Edgar Carson who did ALL the newspaper spinning in the early movies...using a stiffened paper on the end of a stick which he'd point at a camera and twirl rapidly, he was a master at it...could do it in either direction depending on the directors requirements. Now I guess it would be a computer generated paper, the art of newspaper twirling has died out..and they call that progress!

Old 05-02-2006, 12:27 PM   #10
TheChosen
"I" in the Team

There arent many mafia game's avaiable.

I love this one. The Theme music is awesome (Da da da daa da da. Da da da daa da da. Da da da da da da daa daa da).
TheChosen is offline                         Send a private message to TheChosen