Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Closed Thread

Old 28-05-2005, 07:56 PM   #81
The_Toad

Its amazing how the MMORPG community has revived the female participation in my hometown area. Im from a small town in North Carolina (East Coast US) and know of at least 30 women who are very active in the gaming community now. Im trying to get them to register on here but most of them are World of Warcraft addicts now. I think gender is important in some conversational context. There are things that men talk to each other about that should never be brought up around women, and vice versa. I tend to ask gender because its easier to talk to women/gay men, usually because testostirone tends to lessen ones IQ by at least 30 points, making all the flatulence and fecices jokes funny. But thats just my opinion. For the record I'm a strait man, just in case there is any confusion.

k:
The_Toad is offline                         Send a private message to The_Toad
Old 28-05-2005, 07:59 PM   #82
A. J. Raffles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

A strait man wearing a straight jacket, you mean?:P j/k
A. J. Raffles is offline                         Send a private message to A. J. Raffles
Old 28-05-2005, 08:00 PM   #83
TheGiantMidgit
Abandonia Homie

I know alot of gamer chicks right here in my town. Some who could beat me at Warcraft, many who would kick my posterior at DDR, one who has beaten Orcarina of time with no deaths and all gold skulls, and two who are as adept at Metal Slug as I am. The rest just play The Sims, for some reason.
TheGiantMidgit is offline                         Send a private message to TheGiantMidgit
Old 28-05-2005, 08:11 PM   #84
The_Toad

Its good to see women gaming. Women add an edge on multiplayer, using female anger and competitive nature. As for me being in a strait jacket, not to often, just really honest about my side of the gender pool. Most guys agree, we dont have to many intelligent conversations with each other, just mostly with women. I think its a compatibility thing. Men dont talk about emotion or personal thoughts and feelings because they feel it might threaten thier masculinity. How many times have you ever heard a pair of guys talking and the phrase "Yeah Bob, I can really relate to you there, I know you must be devistated inside, but trust me, youer heart will mend and life will go on, I promise" and then the 2 break down and cry with each other while wrapped in a mutually comforting hug... that doesnt happen. Though that is an extreme, it does illustrate the point.
Old 28-05-2005, 08:21 PM   #85
DeathDude
Caught Somewhere In Time

I was glad when I started coming here to see that there was an actual female presence of sorts on the board, a shock for me since I rarely see gaming gals on boards or in rl for that matter, but it was good to see after awhile and I'm glad it's there k: , gives a different perspective and such, wicked stuff.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/ Upcoming Concerts will be attending 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden!!, 7/27/08: Judas Priest
DeathDude is offline                         Send a private message to DeathDude
Old 28-05-2005, 08:22 PM   #86
A. J. Raffles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

You almost make it sound like an alien presence. LOL
A. J. Raffles is offline                         Send a private message to A. J. Raffles
Old 28-05-2005, 08:31 PM   #87
DeathDude
Caught Somewhere In Time

Not my intention LOL that's the best I could think up after writing a 2 hour midterm, ouch twisting of the brain.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/ Upcoming Concerts will be attending 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden!!, 7/27/08: Judas Priest
DeathDude is offline                         Send a private message to DeathDude
Old 28-05-2005, 08:33 PM   #88
BeefontheBone
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

You guys are pretty alien to me, that's for sure.
BeefontheBone is offline                         Send a private message to BeefontheBone
Old 28-05-2005, 08:36 PM   #89
taikara
Abandonia Homie

I admit it. I'm a recovering EverCrack addict.

I really am a badass wood elf bard underneath it all. :angel:

Actually, I started MMORPGing (if you can really call it that) back on Sierra's Realm. I knew a few other women there, too.
taikara is offline                         Send a private message to taikara
Old 28-05-2005, 08:36 PM   #90
The_Toad

I wish i got as publicity as the rest of the aliens, they get all the good acting gigs...
Closed Thread