Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 03-06-2005, 11:35 AM   #1361
Student

Um hum so the walkers are sectopods?
I killed 4-5 of them and i never got an autopsy option in my reasearch tab.

There are no easy way to take down an etheral base.
Try to take some tanks to absorb fire.
Or hide around the corner walk out take your shoot and walk back in.

Try to take the best guns in the game (blaster,Hevy plasma,hevy laser).
If you still have problems use explosive ammo but remember that this can destroy most of the merchendise.
always take HE packs and alien nades.

If you use the skyranger pack it up with troopers, the same with the lightning.
Or you can use Avenger with one or two plasma tanks.

Old 03-06-2005, 12:08 PM   #1362
jimmy7512
Forum hobbit

I loaded it up again and now I have killed most of the etherals with Heavy Lasers, Alien Grenades, HE Packs and 1 Blaster launcher(not enough money to buy more)
and I have tried to find the central bit of the base that your supposed to destroy but I'm having difficulty any tips ?
jimmy7512 is offline                         Send a private message to jimmy7512
Old 03-06-2005, 12:40 PM   #1363
Student

Just blast all of the aliens and dont bother bout the bit.

Old 03-06-2005, 01:00 PM   #1364
efthimios
Home Sweet Abandonia

In the very centre of the base there is a big room with a "lift" that goes up. Up there, is the equipment need to be destroyed. Though I guess if you kill everyone you will finish the mission anyway.
efthimios is offline                         Send a private message to efthimios
Old 03-06-2005, 01:05 PM   #1365
jimmy7512
Forum hobbit

Quote:
Originally posted by efthimios@Jun 3 2005, 01:00 PM
In the very centre of the base there is a big room with a "lift" that goes up. Up there, is the equipment need to be destroyed. Though I guess if you kill everyone you will finish the mission anyway.
k: Thanks for the tip I found it now.
jimmy7512 is offline                         Send a private message to jimmy7512
Old 03-06-2005, 02:53 PM   #1366
Sharp
Game freak

Send a message via ICQ to Sharp

Gah, hate etherial bases, them followed by mutons then sectoids are the hardest.

Best method is to get two plasma tanks, they cant be MC'ed and are good at fighting in smallish rooms, and they have a lot of ammo for just clearing rooms. Autocannons are extremly useful in bases as well due to the narrow hallways, the main room is not always in the centre. Its best to keep 2-3 soldiers guarding the entrance to the centre room and clearing out the whole base first, nothing sucks as much as getting shot in the back, not to mention the rear armour is next to useless.

For etherials though it is always the hardest to take out the last room, I was lucky once as when I fought the etherials I got to the last room and one of em managed to blow up the whole of the top floor using a blaster launcher.

However you dont neeed to destroy the equipment, you have to kill all the aliens to destroy a base, however if there is a base in say the Arctic/Antarctic or in a country which has been taken over by aliens then you might as well let the base survive and only go there to train up troops and to steal equipment.

« † DxRxIx † »
Sharp is offline                         Send a private message to Sharp
Old 03-06-2005, 03:19 PM   #1367
jimmy7512
Forum hobbit

So judging from my posts do you think I have gotten far in the game ?
Old 03-06-2005, 03:55 PM   #1368
Sharp
Game freak

Send a message via ICQ to Sharp

Well, killing etherials in bases I would say yes, looks like the only thing you have left to do is capture a base commander and then fly off to Cydnonia. (Building an avenger and researching in the way of course).

« † DxRxIx † »
Sharp is offline                         Send a private message to Sharp
Old 04-06-2005, 01:18 PM   #1369
another_guest
Abandonia Homie

You're saying you don't have enough money to buy more equipment.
Apart from selling captured weapons and such (and the bit of funding you're getting every month), engineers are the best way to make lots of money: let them manufacture laser cannons and sell those. Each engineer will yield a net profit of about $44000 a month that way.
And as soon as you've got access to more advanced crafts, using those instead of interceptors will also make quite a difference (each interceptor has a montly cost of $600000 if I remember well).
Old 04-06-2005, 01:53 PM   #1370
jimmy7512
Forum hobbit

Quote:
Originally posted by another_guest@Jun 4 2005, 01:18 PM
You're saying you don't have enough money to buy more equipment.
Apart from selling captured weapons and such (and the bit of funding you're getting every month), engineers are the best way to make lots of money: let them manufacture laser cannons and sell those. Each engineer will yield a net profit of about $44000 a month that way.
And as soon as you've got access to more advanced crafts, using those instead of interceptors will also make quite a difference (each interceptor has a montly cost of $600000 if I remember well).
:blink: Wow, Is there a monthly cost for using avengers, Lightnings and Firestorms ?