Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 02-06-2014, 11:59 PM   #1
SpiDoL
Game Wizzard

Default Mortal Kombat X

I'm not even gonna talk, I'm that ecstatic....

Last edited by SpiDoL; 03-06-2014 at 12:05 AM.
SpiDoL is offline                         Send a private message to SpiDoL
Old 14-02-2015, 09:45 AM   #2
Hunter Hunted
Abandonia nerd

Talking

I've not played any Mortal Kombat game in years. I just remember having to "mash" buttons to do different finishers. Very gruesome ones too.
Hunter Hunted is offline                         Send a private message to Hunter Hunted
Old 13-07-2015, 10:33 PM   #3
SpiDoL
Game Wizzard

The game's been out for months now, so has anyone here played it yet?

I pre-ordered the game and got it on launch day, but I had to buy it for PC because 1) I don't have a PS4 and/or XBOX ONE yet, and 2) the PS3 and XBOX 360 versions got delayed and won't be out until sometime later this year.

Even though I do own the PC version and play it a lot, I haven't had the chance to fully enjoy the game yet because 1) my laptop can't run the game without lag even on lowest settings (I also have two desktops, but one of them is 32-Bit (The game requires Windows 7 64-Bit or higher) and the game won't run at all on the other one (Even though this one is 64-Bit, the game displays a message every time I try to start it saying the computer doesn't meet the minimum system requirements, even though I'm pretty sure it does)). I won't even mention the nightmare regarding the PC version's technical issues (Let's just say they're all fixed now)...

But from what I have played of the game, it's good. Even though I had to wait four long years between the last game (the 2011 reboot) and this game (part of that was because of "Injustice Gods Among Us" (The MK team's other new game) but I won't complain because that game was fun in its own right (In fact, I might make another thread about that game because it was also ported to PC)), but it was well worth the wait!

Here's the Wikipedia article for the game, including the Story Mode synopsis, so I don't have to make this post too long.
Old 30-04-2016, 11:05 PM   #4
SpiDoL
Game Wizzard

My updated impressions on Mortal Kombat X (now Mortal Kombat XL):

It's been an entire year now since MKX first launched. Geez, time flies when you're having fun :P .

Anyways, much has changed since my last post in this thread. I finally bought a PS4 along with that version of MKX during Thanksgiving weekend last year, thus I was FINALLY able to play and enjoy the game for REAL! The PS4 version is so much better than the PC version that it's not even funny. Sorry guys, I know many of you are major PC diehards, but they really botched the PC version of MKX. In fact, in an extremely controversial and upsetting move a few months ago, WB Games and NetherRealm Studios decided to pull the plug on trying to keep the PC version as good as the console versions. What this means is, they'll still support the PC version, they're just not gonna improve its netcode or add all the new content from Mortal Kombat XL (a new version of the game that came out back in last month that contains 4 new DLC characters as well as all the previous DLC characters and costumes).

Don't get me wrong, I love playing on PC just as much as I love playing on console and handheld. But trust me, unless you have absolutely no access to a PS4 and/or XBOX ONE, it would be a VERY wise idea to buy and/or play the game for console instead of PC this time. You won't regret it; I don't because of all those aforementioned nightmarish issues I had (I STILL have) with trying to get the PC version to run on my laptop...

*Whoo!* Now that that's out of the way...
I'm really enjoying MKX (I've upgraded to MKXL so that's what I'm gonna call it from here on...) and still enjoy it now. I'm Abandonia's Resident MK Master for crying out loud, so of course I still enjoy it now! In fact, I enjoy it even more than the previous MK game now, and I initially thought that would be a tough act to follow! It may not have every single MK character you know and love, and the new additions may feel a bit bland at first, but the improved gameplay and the plethora of stuff to do (Story Mode, all those different Tower types, Living Towers, Faction War, etc.) more than make up for it. My only gripe is that I'll never be able to unlock everything in the game, because some of the alternate costumes can only be unlocked by basically achieving pro status online. And no, the "Unlock All Krypt Items" DLC doesn't unlock them either, thus I chose not to buy it.

If you're thinking about trying the game out:
1. Read the Wikipedia article I linked to in my previous post; That'll tell you a lot about what you need to know.
2. Try to get or play the game on PS4 or XBOX ONE. Avoid the PC version unless you have no other way of playing the game.
3. Try to get or play the XL version. You still have to unlock stuff in the game, but at least you have more character and costume options from the start...

In conclusion, judging by the game's post-credits scene, I can only wonder what NRS has in mind next, and what could possibly be revealed at E3 in a month. Will we see the next game in the franchise (which will most likely be extemely akin to Mortal Kombat Deception/Armageddon)? We'll see...

But then again, people have been bugging NRS about a sequel to their other fighting game, "Injustice: Gods Among Us" for a good while now. Once again though, that game is great in its own right, so whatever's next, whether it be MK11 or Injustice 2, I won't complain...
Old 05-10-2016, 09:42 AM   #5
SpiDoL
Game Wizzard

Another Update:
Just wanted to pop in here and tell everyone that as of yesterday, by popular demand, the PC version of MKX has been brought back from the dead. Literally. Not only does it run 10X better than it did before, it also has all the aforementioned new content and improved netcode included in MKXL, which means it's pretty much FINALLY on par with the console versions of the game.

If you still haven't had a chance to buy and/or play Mortal Kombat X yet, now would be a perfect time to do so! Here's the Steam page: http://store.steampowered.com/app/307780/
Old 19-03-2017, 12:16 PM   #6
Tseki

Pretty cool-looking Mortal Kombat game