Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 13-07-2006, 09:03 PM   #1
dark angel

Artemis Fowl a brill read in my opinion.

AND a film is soon to arrive! - but there have been problems in it's wake...

There is no-one:
to play foaly - although someone has been nominated
to play holly short - Cameran Diaz and (someone) Ryder had been nominated for this role (both rumoured to have been denied)
to play julius root
to play Artemis himself - and thats a sad story;

a boy by the name of Nicohlas Hoult was appointed to play Artemis, But since actors/resses haven't been found, scripts unfinished AND a change of Director - the poor kid was told he was too OLD to play Artemis. Now doesn't that suck!!

i have a pic down here;

Butler is all sorted out -
Jason Statham - Star in "The Transporter" and in the new "The Iltalian Job"

Better Details Fanart and fowlfun here:
www.artemisfowl.fangathering.com

Or Check one of my sites for pictures (update needed):
www.freewebs.com/evanfowl
p.s BIG attachments

dark angel is offline                         Send a private message to dark angel
Old 14-07-2006, 07:03 AM   #2
#BlakhOle#
Game Wizzard

I heard about the Artemis Fowl movie like a year ago, when i was still interested in the books, but they're taking a pretty long time to fix the characters. They should finish the script and get all the actors other than artemis fowl himself before choosing the actor for AF, i think. First of all you would need a pretty good actor to have even a remote chance of taking on the extremely difficult challenge of playing artemis fowl, and that doesn't even take into account the fact it has to be a kid. Secondly, children at that age would be hitting puberty pretty soon, and they would have to shoot the movie quickly, or the Artemis Fowl you see at the start would be a completely different person to the one you'd see at the finish. And thirdly i really don't think making a movie would do anything for Eoin Colfer in terms of publicity at all. The books are more for smaller kids or teenagers, even if some adults do read them, but if the movie keeps relatively true to the book it would defiantely have to be an M 15+ rating, if not MA, and that would make the majority of devoted AF fans, kids around 9-14, very displeased. I really think they should scrap the movie completely and let you just read the book. You dont need a movie to tell you a story, and if its a good book, well its better than any movie they make ever could be, because you can use your imagination. If they do end up finishing this movie, there's only two ways it could go. 1. An extremely high quality viewing movie, and i havent seen many of them around lately, or 2. a complete flop, which is most likely.

I do read the books every now and again because they are pretty good, but i just dont think making a movie would be a very good idea. Keep it to your imagination.
#BlakhOle# is offline                         Send a private message to #BlakhOle#