Go Back   Forums > Updates Workflow > Offers
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 20-10-2009, 01:32 PM   #21
Dragom
Game freak

[quote=Paco;385858]and dont forget this:

- Ishido - The Way of Stones - Boxshots (Dragom)
- An American Tail - Fievel Goes West - Boxshots [color=DarkGreen][color=Black][i](Dragom)

Well, I just uploaded the manual... and I intend to do the same for Ishido.

BTW: "An American Tail" actually is the correct name of the game, as you may see it in the box. "Fievel Goes West" is the title for the movie sequel!...

And I have the CDROM of An American Tail - Movie Book for Win Mac (1998): is that of any interest for Abandonia?
Dragom is offline                         Send a private message to Dragom
Old 20-10-2009, 02:26 PM   #22
TotalAnarchy
Surviving the Dark Age

how much does this Movie Book game weigh?
TotalAnarchy is offline                         Send a private message to TotalAnarchy
Old 20-10-2009, 05:20 PM   #23
Dragom
Game freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotalAnarchy View Post
how much does this Movie Book game weigh?
It is about 200Mb...
Old 20-10-2009, 05:24 PM   #24
TotalAnarchy
Surviving the Dark Age

Well, the game is [APPROVED], but we have a limit of 150 MB for games uploaded on site. So this you can upload to the ISO Cellar (a forum section), if you want, using a filesharing site, but not on FTP.
TotalAnarchy is offline                         Send a private message to TotalAnarchy
Old 20-10-2009, 06:03 PM   #25
Dragom
Game freak

Quote:
Well, the game is [APPROVED], but we have a limit of 150 MB for games uploaded on site. So this you can upload to the ISO Cellar (a forum section), if you want, using a filesharing site, but not on FTP.
Ok, I'm not sure how to get there the uploading link, but I will, no worries...
Anyway I have couple of questions: after I do that (upload on ISO Cellar), will it show at Abandonia's normal games list?
And if it does, would it be acceptable to upload the CD picture, along with some Screenshots? (never heard of a box or even a Jewel Case so far)

And all that leads to another more general question:
Does "boxshots" refer to any piece of the content of the box? (e.g. a game comes w/ an harmonica, or a bag of gellies, or a few gadgets, like in "Widget Workshop" - in other words: would it be acceptable a picture of all the items together (e.g. maps, disks, box, case, etc...) ?
Of course I understand it will always "depend of the picture"...

(I have two more questions, if you are willing to answer - I know I could find the answers somewhere, eventually, but you will agree there is a lot of time saving this way... and that is why I thank you, very much).
Old 20-10-2009, 06:19 PM   #26
TotalAnarchy
Surviving the Dark Age

No, the game won't appear on the main site (Abandonia's game list), therefore we can't really use your boxshots. I'd even recommend not uploading the game there if it was not requested in the Requests section of the forum. But that's my own opinion, and most would disagree with me.

The ISO Cellar

About the boxshots. We primarily need the individual pieces. But if there are non-scannable items, like figurines or other collectibles, I guess you can do a picture of them together (that only if you also upload the individual scans of the scannable items). If the game comes only with scannable items (maps, boxshots, etc) you shouldn't upload a picture with them together.

And yes, I'm also here to answer questions from our contributors, so it's no problem if you have more.
Old 20-10-2009, 07:30 PM   #27
Dragom
Game freak

Quote:
No, the game won't appear on the main site (Abandonia's game list), therefore we can't really use your boxshots. I'd even recommend not uploading the game there if it was not requested in the Requests section of the forum. But that's my own opinion, and most would disagree with me.

The ISO Cellar

About the boxshots. We primarily need the individual pieces. But if there are non-scannable items, like figurines or other collectibles, I guess you can do a picture of them together (that only if you also upload the individual scans of the scannable items). If the game comes only with scannable items (maps, boxshots, etc) you shouldn't upload a picture with them together.

And yes, I'm also here to answer questions from our contributors, so it's no problem if you have more.
Ok, I wont upload the CD ROM book before the aproval at requests section. And I understand the general idea about the unscannable stuff. And I will submit to the requests section.

Well, I wasn't too sure about who would I bother with questions, so here are some more:
a) Does the "appearence" of a new game (previously aproved and uploaded), depends on a review?
b) Is it so that normal contributers, after the aproved upload, lose "contact" with further phases of the process which includes adding some more info (like developer/plubisher, etc?)
c) I have quite a bunch of zipped games, that I downloaded along the years, and now I have no idea if they are freeware, shareware or whatever...
Would you recommend that I make some list(s) of them and put that list on requests without further info? (I mean games way below 5 Mb...)
Thanks again!
Old 20-10-2009, 07:37 PM   #28
Paco
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Paco Send a message via MSN to Paco Send a message via Yahoo to Paco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragom View Post
a) Does the "appearence" of a new game (previously aproved and uploaded), depends on a review?
A Game on AB need 3 Stuff: Review, Screenshots and an Archive. Is one of them missing, so we cant upload it on Site.

You have Extra from Touche - The Adventure of the 5th Musketeer? Can you list it here and upload it on FTP?

Check here for Maps i made
Paco is offline                         Send a private message to Paco
Old 20-10-2009, 07:57 PM   #29
Dragom
Game freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paco View Post
A Game on AB need 3 Stuff: Review, Screenshots and an Archive. Is one of them missing, so we cant upload it on Site.

You have Extra from Touche - The Adventure of the 5th Musketeer? Can you list it here and upload it on FTP?
The extra you mean is probably the manual (still not complete, because it has only the English secction) - I mentioned that before but I don't recall to have a positive answer...
Do you wish it - as it is now- uploaded?
Old 20-10-2009, 08:07 PM   #30
Paco
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Paco Send a message via MSN to Paco Send a message via Yahoo to Paco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragom View Post
The extra you mean is probably the manual (still not complete, because it has only the English secction) - I mentioned that before but I don't recall to have a positive answer...
Do you wish it - as it is now- uploaded?
we want it complete (incl. all Language), if possible, but take your time. We arent in Hurry. ^^ Thank you.

Check here for Maps i made
Paco is offline                         Send a private message to Paco