Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 20-04-2011, 09:25 AM   #191
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking TY

TY,twillight, for nice comments and advices.

Yesterday I played the game and reached the moment when I met my girlfriend.
OK.
I followed the saving procedure but something was wrong and the stupid saving system back me to the start point again...
Just before the police elephant to arrest me and my girl.
Rats.....
(I do not see the magic ball on my breast).
It is normal or I have to find it?
I see You played the game also but You are many steps ahead.

How to know my HP?
Its very important to me..
yoga is offline                         Send a private message to yoga
Old 20-04-2011, 10:40 AM   #192
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoga View Post
I followed the saving procedure but something was wrong and the stupid saving system back me to the start point again...
Just before the police elephant to arrest me and my girl.
Rats.....
(I do not see the magic ball on my breast).
It is normal or I have to find it?

How to know my HP?
Its very important to me..
I wrote out the saving procedure, but still f**'d up once the saves, so I have you answer

So, first the saving procedure again (write this up ona note, stick it on the monitor or something):
1) start the game - this means you'll have a save. Call it "MAIN" for this example.
2) assume you reach a point where you want a backup. Hit F6, choose copy save. Let's call this "BACKUP" for this example.
3) you mess thing up, so you want reload. hit Esc and QUIT. You'll see the main menu of the game.
4) choose "messing with saves" (or whatever its name is), choose DELETE saves. DELETE the MAIN file.
5) choose COPY SAVES. Make a copy from the "BACKUP", call it "MAIN".
6) reload MAIN.

Tell if it is not clear / not working, we'll figure out.

Second: yes, it is normal to loose the equipments you aquired on the currently visited island during the current visit. You have to solve the puzzles again. I had to re-buy certain items too for he same reason.

Controlls (full list on what I know of):
F1-F4: behaviour of protagonist
F5: zoom (useless function)
F6: shortcut to save menu
Esc: you can quit to main menu
Enter: you use items from your inventory with this
Alt: shoot magic ball
Space: action button (in discrete mode if you hit it you remain crouched until yu hit another button, no need to keep button down)
Ctrl: status bar (health, mana - I still don't see any difference between 0 mana and positive mana -, clovers etc.)
direction-buttons

Magic Level 3:
I could not hurt the robobunny in the museum (and I did not try the other machine-guards, all might be unvulnerable per se), could not hurt machine-gun towers (might be unvulnerable per se), but could destroy tank and red elephants. White-blue elephants are still untuchable.

Magic level 4 (final):
You can hurt supergrobos when you must, and they switch from sleeping pill to lethal weapon. Machinegun-towers are untuchable.

Found out mana:
if you have mana, then the magic ball can bounce. That's it. All babble about it being "stronger and more precise" are lies. This effect starts to be useful only from magic level 3 (higher maximum mana, stronger ranged enemies, easier access to clovers).

Finally I've found a cool moment: the Seal in the White Desert (3rd island).

I realised this is a french game, and remembered a similar one, called Time Machine. It was very similar to this, but had much more fireworks then this, and less arcade-oriented unlike this (the engine is not good in arcade, let's face it). I liked Time Machine (even the insanely difficult rock-throwing sidequest), but LBA is still only an ok game.

EDIT: possible bug: I atacked the fortress on Principle island (the 2nd island) as I have both keykard. I've aquired the key to unlock the door on the top too, but the door remained closed. Well, maybe I have to gather the info from Tipple island before this'll work. Darn the long trips!

Last edited by twillight; 20-04-2011 at 10:19 PM. Reason: update
twillight is offline                         Send a private message to twillight
Old 21-04-2011, 05:31 AM   #193
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by twillight View Post
I wrote out the saving procedure, but still f**'d up once the saves, so I have you answer

So, first the saving procedure again (write this up ona note, stick it on the monitor or something):
1) start the game - this means you'll have a save. Call it "MAIN" for this example.
2) assume you reach a point where you want a backup. Hit F6, choose copy save. Let's call this "BACKUP" for this example.
3) you mess thing up, so you want reload. hit Esc and QUIT. You'll see the main menu of the game.
4) choose "messing with saves" (or whatever its name is), choose DELETE saves. DELETE the MAIN file.
5) choose COPY SAVES. Make a copy from the "BACKUP", call it "MAIN".
6) reload MAIN.

Tell if it is not clear / not working, we'll figure out.

Second: yes, it is normal to loose the equipments you aquired on the currently visited island during the current visit. You have to solve the puzzles again. I had to re-buy certain items too for he same reason.

Controlls (full list on what I know of):
F1-F4: behaviour of protagonist
F5: zoom (useless function)
F6: shortcut to save menu
Esc: you can quit to main menu
Enter: you use items from your inventory with this
Alt: shoot magic ball
Space: action button (in discrete mode if you hit it you remain crouched until yu hit another button, no need to keep button down)
Ctrl: status bar (health, mana - I still don't see any difference between 0 mana and positive mana -, clovers etc.)
direction-buttons

Magic Level 3:
I could not hurt the robobunny in the museum (and I did not try the other machine-guards, all might be unvulnerable per se), could not hurt machine-gun towers (might be unvulnerable per se), but could destroy tank and red elephants. White-blue elephants are still untuchable.

Magic level 4 (final):
You can hurt supergrobos when you must, and they switch from sleeping pill to lethal weapon. Machinegun-towers are untuchable.

Found out mana:
if you have mana, then the magic ball can bounce. That's it. All babble about it being "stronger and more precise" are lies. This effect starts to be useful only from magic level 3 (higher maximum mana, stronger ranged enemies, easier access to clovers).

Finally I've found a cool moment: the Seal in the White Desert (3rd island).

I realised this is a french game, and remembered a similar one, called Time Machine. It was very similar to this, but had much more fireworks then this, and less arcade-oriented unlike this (the engine is not good in arcade, let's face it). I liked Time Machine (even the insanely difficult rock-throwing sidequest), but LBA is still only an ok game.

EDIT: possible bug: I atacked the fortress on Principle island (the 2nd island) as I have both keykard. I've aquired the key to unlock the door on the top too, but the door remained closed. Well, maybe I have to gather the info from Tipple island before this'll work. Darn the long trips!
Wow!
I think Alone in the Dark1,2,3 was also French game, but really was nice game.
I did 3 times game to moment when 2 elephants arrested me and my girl.
And game just back me to the beginning point!!!
Thats my complain..
I am very upset and angry..
I, the brave yoga who beat lord Xeen, Diablo, lord Ravenloft, Doom 2 32-th level, Master now was arrested by 2 elephant?!??
Unbelievable!!
Rats..!

crying and upset yog
sob..sob
Old 21-04-2011, 07:30 AM   #194
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Wow!
I think Alone in the Dark1,2,3 was also French game, but really was nice game.
I did 3 times game to moment when 2 elephants arrested me and my girl.
And game just back me to the beginning point!!!
Thats my complain..
I am very upset and angry..
I, the brave yoga who beat lord Xeen, Diablo, lord Ravenloft, Doom 2 32-th level, Master now was arrested by 2 elephant?!??
Unbelievable!!
Rats..!

crying and upset yog
sob..sob
So I think save still not work for you? Then please try to save right when you exit the Asylum (the place where you're kept as prisoner at the start). Then make you captuerd/killed. Then try to reload. I understand you'll fail with it, so please tell every single thing you do when you try to reload, so I'll be able to tell where you make it wrong and correct it.

Btw, Alone in the Dark was different category compared this game, so it doesn't count. (And I could never jump back from the roof as puma at a point in A3 .)

Until then here are the secret places where the Horn will be useful:
- S-seals: cave under protagonist's house, White Desert (must open this), 2nd island (on the east), at Eclipse Stone, Teleportation Center, FF's Fortress, Well of Sedel
- FF's statues: 2nd island's bazaar (150 $!), garden on the 1st island

Bug? In Tipet Island's sewers on route to the Dino-fly if you kill the crab the game freezez out! I could get pass the crab to the dino by using jetpack, but coming back is impossibe! To get back to the town of Tipet Island, go to the Himalaya, and come from there by the boat. Walkthroughs says I'd have to climb on the back of the crab, but...

GAME OVER for me. Lethal bug. I can not enter the fortress on Principal Island (the second island). I go to the fortress, manage to reach the redkeycard-door, open it, run in, face the two red elephant, put down the meca-pinguin, kill the robot-rabbibunny and then the supergrobo through the fence by throwing MagicBall in discrete mode. I open the bluekeycard-door, pick up the key the supergrobo thrown, and try to enter the FF-door. The key is used up, but the doors do not open.

Last edited by twillight; 21-04-2011 at 09:24 AM. Reason: update
twillight is offline                         Send a private message to twillight
Old 21-04-2011, 03:01 PM   #195
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking

Quote:
So I think save still not work for you? Then please try to save right when you exit the Asylum (the place where you're kept as prisoner at the start). Then make you captuerd/killed. Then try to reload. I understand you'll fail with it, so please tell every single thing you do when you try to reload, so I'll be able to tell where you make it wrong and correct it.

Btw, Alone in the Dark was different category compared this game, so it doesn't count. (And I could never jump back from the roof as puma at a point in A3 .)

Until then here are the secret places where the Horn will be useful:
- S-seals: cave under protagonist's house, White Desert (must open this), 2nd island (on the east), at Eclipse Stone, Teleportation Center, FF's Fortress, Well of Sedel
- FF's statues: 2nd island's bazaar (150 $!), garden on the 1st island

Bug? In Tipet Island's sewers on route to the Dino-fly if you kill the crab the game freezez out! I could get pass the crab to the dino by using jetpack, but coming back is impossibe! To get back to the town of Tipet Island, go to the Himalaya, and come from there by the boat. Walkthroughs says I'd have to climb on the back of the crab, but...

GAME OVER for me. Lethal bug. I can not enter the fortress on Principal Island (the second island). I go to the fortress, manage to reach the redkeycard-door, open it, run in, face the two red elephant, put down the meca-pinguin, kill the robot-rabbibunny and then the supergrobo through the fence by throwing MagicBall in discrete mode. I open the bluekeycard-door, pick up the key the supergrobo thrown, and try to enter the FF-door. The key is used up, but the doors do not open.

Poor twillight,
Let's ask the Masters Scatty and Kmonster for help to enter Fortress?
Agree?
If this is lethal bug really, try LBA2. I think it is more peaceful game. I played 2 minutes yesterday LBA2, after my fail.
I will send a detailed report for all my action from beginning to f****d moment of my and my girl arrest.

OFF
A friend of mine infporm me for a nice game named Dragon age, but I dunno my PC hardware will give me chance to play it.
1Ghz, 1GB Ram, 64 MB video card and 160 GB HDD, 22" Monitor

All our life is a game.

yoga the brave gamer
Old 21-04-2011, 03:21 PM   #196
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:

Poor twillight,
Let's ask the Masters Scatty and Kmonster for help to enter Fortress?

I will send a detailed report for all my action from beginning to f****d moment of my and my girl arrest.
1) Abandonia-co. already working on it.
Other possibility is, that someone with the iso version will help me out if no luck in case the bug only relates to the cutted abandonia-version (but I trust the dedicated Abandonia-co.).

2) Do not send what you do while playing. Only tell what you do when you try to reload.
Btw., to hide from the investigators in the protagonist's house run in, run to the rooms in the left, stand next to a furnitrue and the wall, enter discrete mode, hit space. They'll bring the girl, but they'll not find You. (At least that's where I hided.)

3) If you need system-req about any game, just search it up on the net. Review-pages most of the time include specifications.
Old 22-04-2011, 03:07 PM   #197
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking

Quote:
1) Abandonia-co. already working on it.
Other possibility is, that someone with the iso version will help me out if no luck in case the bug only relates to the cutted abandonia-version (but I trust the dedicated Abandonia-co.).

2) Do not send what you do while playing. Only tell what you do when you try to reload.
Btw., to hide from the investigators in the protagonist's house run in, run to the rooms in the left, stand next to a furnitrue and the wall, enter discrete mode, hit space. They'll bring the girl, but they'll not find You. (At least that's where I hided.)

3) If you need system-req about any game, just search it up on the net. Review-pages most of the time include specifications.
OK
BTW I playing no-AB version of LBA1. NO CD required. Just press on executive file Lbawin and game on.
Maybe when I reach yr problem point I will be more happy and enter this fortress?
..A seconds before invesigators arrived in my house (2 elephants) I, following the advise of a friend and try to save my game.. But when I try to start the game again, it back me to start point - the jail.
Now I will try to follow yr advise and report again.
(LBA2 has a save option..)
Some ill Dinofly is the beginning of this game. More calm, no fight in the start..
Old 22-04-2011, 10:01 PM   #198
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
OK
BTW I playing no-AB version of LBA1. NO CD required. Just press on executive file Lbawin and game on.
Maybe when I reach yr problem point I will be more happy and enter this fortress?
..A seconds before invesigators arrived in my house (2 elephants) I, following the advise of a friend and try to save my game.. But when I try to start the game again, it back me to start point - the jail.
Now I will try to follow yr advise and report again.
(LBA2 has a save option..)
Some ill Dinofly is the beginning of this game. More calm, no fight in the start..
My bet is: you forget to QUIT from the actual game. That has the discribed effect.
But as I said: tell me what exactly you do to reload a position. And no need to go as far as the protagonist's house. Just get out from the starting building. To learn how to save, that is the earliest place to use. All other strougle is unnecessary and time-consuming.

If you want to help me before abandonia solves the issue, in the Troubleshooting section of abvandonia I've posted the savegame file and all other info where I got stuck. Download the file, get pass the door, and finally upload the file for me to download.
Old 23-04-2011, 07:46 AM   #199
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking

If you want to help me before abandonia solves the issue, in the Troubleshooting section of abvandonia I've posted the savegame file and all other info where I got stuck. Download the file, get pass the door, and finally upload the file for me to download.[/quote]

Yes, I want to help you, as You help me so much in other games, esp. in F2.
I will try to check yr rar file in my game.
Danke.

Old 24-04-2011, 05:11 PM   #200
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Solution of the bug:
you have to open BOTH (or at least the right one, not tested) red keycard-doors FROM THE FRONT (aka. south). Then, and only then opens the FF door.

Another bug:
On Brundle Island I entered the painter's home, and when I tried to exit, the game did quit.

Another bug:
if you pick up the Architect-IDcard before talking with the architect, he won't tell you the clues.

I wonder if yoga can save properly now. Anyway, more tips:
- after enterng the Burg, do not forget to buy another meca-pinguin!
- the biggest quest is the attack of the Himalaya. You start from the Rebel Island, then you HAVE TO go a large way on the Himalaya: help the rebels to reach the tank, then freeing the rebel leader, then snowboarding, then saving the rabbit-village from the immediate atack (don't forget to check on the east for another rabbit-in-trouble), then destroying the mutant-factory! Then, and only then will you be able to go freely wherewhere you want.
- when you go first to the Himalaya DO HAVE the Blue KeyCard! That'll mean you can free the elf at the station, what will replenish your clovers all the time you visit him again (at the rabbit hole he'll stand).
- travel from the Himalaya: you'll find a boat on this hemispehere, and it'll dock at the Holy Carrot. On that same screen you'll be able to find the DinoFly too. After you disable the mutant factory when you'll arrive from the starting hemispehere, you'll find a guard outside at the gate of the mutant factory - he'll drop a key to open the fence outside, so you won't have to attack the pirson of the rebel leader again (pfuh!).
- you can skip the animation of travel on the worldmap by pressing Esc (meh, I find this when I no longer need)
- the MagicBall has an untold function: if there isa smal key on the screen, when you throw the ball it picks it up for you (it even goes through walls)
- the sword IS a good weapon if you can get close enough. You can attack with it although only in normal and agressive mode. In athletic mode if you try to attack with the sword in your hand the protaginist makes a backflip (beats me why not forward at least). Also the sword can not be put away just by selecting it again: you have to click on the magic ball to change things back.
- In the teleportation center when the screen is red, you will hold your sword, can't change equipment. With the sword I could NOT kill the scientist on the left with the computers, so I had to run in, kill him, kill the clone coming after me, run up to the teleportation devices, kill the scientist while hoping the new clone won't kill me during that, then kill the new clone. So have maximum clovers here, and go back to the elf after the fight!

EDIT. the ending IS crappy. The way it is done would only be ok for a freeware, but it is even stupidly done, so this game is BAD. I give 2 from 5, because there are some very little amount of good points in the game (mostly the parts with the elf).

Last edited by twillight; 24-04-2011 at 09:44 PM. Reason: update