Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Music, Art, Movies
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 30-05-2009, 02:02 PM   #1
myxdres

Default Homemade Music

I played trumpet from 1961 to 1974; took up the harmonica in 1980; added a dulcimer in 1984 and then taught myself to sing. Immediately I began composing tunes and writing songs. For the past two years I've had the means to record myself, using a MacBook with CUbase LE, FireBox, and Behringer mike; more recently I switched to GarageBand with a Blue Snowball mike - I prefer their overall sound quality.

I constructed a website using Softpress' "Freeway 4 Express". Visitors can freely download all tunes and writings: http://www.myrddinquest.ca

Click on "Downloads" - four pages of them, about 70 tunes. You can also click "play" in the lists to listen before downloading. All music files are in MP3 (mpeg) format and compressed as ".zip".

It's all homemade and original, thus a bit quirky. I especially like the 8 tunes recorded last Oct and this Feb - the set is titled "Jumpled" and can be found on the last (4th) Download page. Instruments were played acoustically through GarageBand's digital effects modes. There were few "re-takes", most tracks being played straight through; and many were pure improvisations.

I was happy to find Abandonia. I like those "old" DOS games. And, as my own website shows, I like everything and everyone to be free.
myxdres is offline                         Send a private message to myxdres
Old 23-06-2009, 05:10 PM   #2
barbarian
Forum hobbit

hi!

i listened to Snailsight, i love that title. I like that song! The fun part is that sometimes it sounds like it is out of rhythm, but it's really not. That's just because of the echos used.

Very original! Original sounds and title. I like it.
barbarian is offline                         Send a private message to barbarian