Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 25-10-2010, 03:25 PM   #71
arete
If All Else Fails, Play Dead

Hahaha aww. My fax machine makes the siren noise from when you catch the thief at the end of the case whenever you cancel sending or redialing. I usually yell "I just captured Carmen Sandiego!!" and dance around when it does that

No wonder everyone in my home town thinks i'm insane :nerd:

"You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you..."
arete is offline                         Send a private message to arete
Old 26-01-2014, 09:23 AM   #72
Unregistered85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro-Fan View Post
Hi, guys!

First of all, nice game for the time it was released.

But here's the thing I want to add to the thread. I've seen the collecting of copyright protection questions and answers before, and as I played it today, I just happened to get a question that is not on your list. Therefore I want to share this info with you guys.

The question I got is this:
Iceland is 39,769 square miles; the size of the state of ________. (8 characters)

I googled about it and found that it should be Kentucky. Unfortunately the game didn't took this answer, I tried it twice.

So, maybe you can use that information.

Thx and keep on retro-gaming. k:
THE ANSWER TO THE LISTED QUESTION IS VIRGINIA!

Old 01-03-2018, 10:57 AM   #73
Strayone
Default Promotional Answers For Deluxe Edition

I have a list of the answers for the promotion questions which cant seem to be found anywhere else:

The first ruler of England was "Egbert", King of Wessex. (See World History, Historical Figures).

The "Mayflower" Compact was America's first written constitution. (See U.S. History).

Francis Lightfoot Lee, one of the original signers of the Declaration of Independence, was a "farmer" by trade. (See U.S. History, Signers of the Declaration).

James Monroe, 5th President of The United States, was the son of "Spence" Monroe and Eliza Jones. (See Presidents' Biographies).

"glasnost" is another word for openness or candor. (See Language, Foreign Words).

A "bug" is a mistake that occurs in a program within a computer. (See Language, Computerese).

Sandy Koufax won the Cy Young Award "3" times. (See Sports, Baseball).

"Mach" is a word used to describe supersonic speed. (See Weights, Measures and Numbers, Breaking the Sound Barrier).

According to the National Film Registry, the film Casablanca was released in the year "1942". (See Arts and Media - Movies, National Film Registry).

Cary Grant's original first name was "Archibald". (See Noted Personalities, Original Names).

What famous boxer hails from the Bluegrass State? "Muhammad Ali". (See States of the Union, Kentucky).

Peggy Fleming won the Olympic gold medal in women's singles figure skating in "1968". (See Sports, Winter Olympics).

More wheat and rice is grown in "China" than any other country in the world. (See Agriculture).

William "Tyler" Page, Clerk of the U.S. House of Representatives, wrote "The American's Creed." (See Great Seal, American's Creed).

Clint Eastwood was born in "San Francisco", California. (See Noted Personalities, Entertainers).

In the year 1540, Spanish explorer Hernando Alarcon discovered the "Colorado" River. (See World Exploration and Geography, Early Explorers of the Western Hemisphere).

"Batman" was the top grossing movie of 1989. (See Arts and Media - Plays; Movies, All Time Top 50 American Movies, 1989).

Elzie C. Segar was the creator of the cartoon "Popeye". (See Noted Personalities, Cartoonists)