Old 17-09-2018, 12:30 AM   #601
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnp View Post
This particular game
Spoiler for Screenshot Quiz
has been causing problems for the quiz for ages. I have mentioned it in this thread multiple times; here and here and here and here and got a response in this post saying that it wont be fixed anytime soon
Unfortunately, the reason is in the Grandmaster Spectreman’s post, summarizing the current lethargic state of the AB Forums.

Not always the interests of the owner coincide with the interests and needs of the users (Users, Translators, Updaters, Mods, Super Mods and Admins )... This is the current and sad reality of AB Forums...

Well, DOSGames.com is also in the same situation, especially after the dosraider stopped attending both Forums...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Spectre View Post
Well, capital reason #1: After site "reworking" and consequent selling, community and owners are dis-joined at best. We, here, knows what we need and what need be fixing, but they, there, don't want to implement changes, and don't know what to do to fix.

It slowed the site progress initially, then people started to find new activities, and no one replaced them. So... slow death, I believe.
Old 19-09-2018, 11:40 PM   #602
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Unhappy Arghhh! Quiz Error again!

Uh-oh! Quiz Error again!
Old 20-09-2018, 01:59 AM   #603
BentleyVA
Abandonia nerd

Poopy Quiz
BentleyVA is offline                         Send a private message to BentleyVA
Old 20-09-2018, 03:09 AM   #604
Diamondfist
Abandonia nerd

I made sure the screenshot was for the right game, went to the game's page, typed the first part of the title and selected the correct game - incorrect message. The quiz has an oopsie-woopsie.
Diamondfist is offline                         Send a private message to Diamondfist
Old 20-10-2018, 02:05 AM   #605
BentleyVA
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondfist View Post
I made sure the screenshot was for the right game, went to the game's page, typed the first part of the title and selected the correct game - incorrect message. The quiz has an oopsie-woopsie.
There are at least three games with the same screenshot and very similar names. This is a poopy quiz today.
BentleyVA is offline                         Send a private message to BentleyVA
Old 20-10-2018, 02:35 AM   #606
Diamondfist
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentleyVA View Post
There are at least three games with the same screenshot and very similar names. This is a poopy quiz today.

Yes, I even remembered the theme for the screenshot, but didn't look closely enough, and got it wrong. I checked and saw the screenshot for two games, but didn't know there was a third in that series with the same screenshot. For those three games, those should either not be chosen, or maybe only one of those screenshots should be used from that series of games. If anyone has any suggestions, I wouldn't mind hearing them. I still love the quiz, and appreciate the staff having it here.
Diamondfist is offline                         Send a private message to Diamondfist
Old 20-10-2018, 01:26 PM   #607
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentleyVA View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondfist View Post

Yes, I even remembered the theme for the screenshot, but didn't look closely enough, and got it wrong. I checked and saw the screenshot for two games, but didn't know there was a third in that series with the same screenshot. For those three games, those should either not be chosen, or maybe only one of those screenshots should be used from that series of games. If anyone has any suggestions, I wouldn't mind hearing them. I still love the quiz, and appreciate the staff having it here.
I partially agree with you.

The difference of the other two quizzes would be similar to the Game of 7 Errors. There are small and subtle differences, which unfortunately was not the case today’s quiz.

It would be impossible to distinguish what would be the correct answer from today’s quiz. You would be only 50% likely to guess correctly this one and the next times it appears again.

I know it i not very promising and encouraging, but there is nothing we can do about it...
Old 20-10-2018, 02:12 PM   #608
BentleyVA
Abandonia nerd

For all the times the quiz poops itself, this is one that it really can't be faulted for. Having identical or nearly identical screenies in different games is not it's fault.
Old 22-10-2018, 08:02 PM   #609
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

Well, theoretically speaking, screenshots always can be replaced... But I am not a person to do that.
Old 10-12-2018, 11:07 PM   #610
kemo
Game freak

This doesn't make sense... I had suffice time to guess for one of the screenshots. Not only that, but it apparently counted my attempt to guess for the next voting day.
kemo is offline                         Send a private message to kemo