DrWho42
Abandonia nerd

kudos on the dev diaries!

🌲link🌲tree🌲
DrWho42 is offline                         Send a private message to DrWho42
Old 15-04-2020, 08:55 AM   #212
Tanker55A
Lurker

Yeah, they're really great! I was thinking of trying to come up with little mods based on Civ2, and these dev diaries are really going to help me a lot!
Tanker55A is offline                         Send a private message to Tanker55A
Old 16-04-2020, 08:26 PM   #213
DrWho42
Abandonia nerd

what's the best place for civ 2 mods?

🌲link🌲tree🌲
DrWho42 is offline                         Send a private message to DrWho42
Old 10-05-2020, 04:16 PM   #214
Blake00
Forum hobbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWho42 View Post
kudos on the dev diaries!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanker55A View Post
Yeah, they're really great! I was thinking of trying to come up with little mods based on Civ2, and these dev diaries are really going to help me a lot!
Thanks guys!

Well then I guess I better post some new ones lol!

Sixth dev diary for HoMM2 scenario is up! This time we answer fan demands to show units while also showing off all city buildings and some small touch-ups to the city sky view.

HoMM2 Dev Diary 06 - Heroes, Units & City Buildings In The Civ2 Heroes Of Might & Magic 2 Mod:
https://www.moddb.com/mods/civilizat...city-buildings

First dev diary of a Command & Conquer African Campaign Civ2 scenario I'm also working on is up. In this I look at changing Civ2's terrain and cities to look like C&C as well as importing some cool new units.

C&C Dev Diary 01 - New terrain & units for the Civilization 2 - Command & Conquer Scenario
https://www.moddb.com/mods/civilizat...-terrain-units

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWho42 View Post
what's the best place for civ 2 mods?
A question that has been foremost on my mind lately as I've been doing some serious scenario/mod hunting myself! Eg I've got a massive post at CivFinatics about stuff I'm looking for.

The best places for Civ2 mods I know of are:
CivFinatics Downloads and their Scenario Forums for Civ2
The amazing Civ2 Scenario League site
The long dead Atomic Network site's Civ scenario collection was thankfully backed up to archive.org. It's a 6gig download but my god.. I opened the file there's over 500 Civ2 scenarios & mods in it, and some civ3 stuff too.
The 20yr old Cradle of Civ scenario site is backed up and still works thanks to CivFinatics, I found a few rare gems there.
Storm Over Civilization was a famous Civ scenario site that is sadly gone.. apparently the German folks at Civforum.de have a full backup but keep it under lock and key. They have a pretty good Civ2 scenario forum too and no ones told me off for speaking English there thankfully.

I'm on the hunt for more!

Blake's Sanctum:
- Total Conversion mods: Quest for Glory IV 3D Hexen, Star Trek Doom 2, & Star Wars Civilization 2
- Game Shrines: Age of Wonders, Babylon 5 Fan Games, Civilization, Command & Conquer, Elder Scrolls, Dune Games, Final Fantasy, Freelancer, Heroes of Might & Magic, Imperium Galactica, Master of Magic, Quest for Glory, Starflight, & Star Trek Games
- MovieTV Shrines: Lord Of The Rings & Hobbit, & Star Trek
- Emulation

Last edited by Blake00; 21-09-2020 at 02:34 PM.
Blake00 is offline                         Send a private message to Blake00
Old 30-06-2020, 07:28 PM   #215
Strelok5590

Wait, what? A Civilizations II x Command&Conquer mod? I have to try that RIGHT. NOW. I've grown up with these games, the nostalgia is kicking in hard...
Strelok5590 is offline                         Send a private message to Strelok5590
Old 19-09-2020, 08:32 AM   #216
Blake00
Forum hobbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strelok5590 View Post
Wait, what? A Civilizations II x Command&Conquer mod? I have to try that RIGHT. NOW. I've grown up with these games, the nostalgia is kicking in hard...
Hahaha thanks but not out just yet sorry. However I'm getting very close to finishing now! You can play Wonx's original C&C Africa scenario if you wish but it's graphics are pretty darn bad hence me making the remaster lol.

If your love of C&C includes Red Alert then you'll love what I'm about to post as all the skills I've learned making the Heroes of Might & Magic and Command & Conquer scenarios is now being put into the hardest craziest scenario I (and probably most Civ2 modders) have ever attempted! A Red Alert 2 Siege of New York scenario where you'll be battling it out in city streets between huge sky scrapers.. yes I know I'm crazy as that's totally something the Civ2 engine wasn't built for hahaha!

No new HoMM2 scenario dev diaries atm but there will be one soon as I'm about to do final testing.

Here's the second dev diary for the C&C scenario. In this one we ask for some fan input and finish off importing all the new C&C unit graphics.

C&C Dev Diary 02 - Finishing all terrain & units for the Civilization 2 - Command & Conquer Scenario
https://www.moddb.com/mods/civilizat...-terrain-units

And here are the first 2 dev diaries on the Red Alert 2 Siege of New York scenario I mentioned above.

In this first dev diary we look at experimenting with Civ2's terrain limits & using some sneaky tricks to begin creating a Red Alert 2 style city map with Liberty island, bridges and buildings.

Red Alert 2 Dev Diary 01 - Liberty Island, Bridges & Buildings in the Civilization 2 - C&C Red Alert 2 Scenario
https://www.moddb.com/mods/civilizat...dges-buildings

In the second dev diary we look at adding bigger buildings, Command centers with walls, and lots of other nice decoration trying to push Civ2's terrain limits.

Red Alert 2 Dev Diary 02 - Bigger Buildings & More Decoration in the Civilization 2 - C&C Red Alert 2 Scenario
https://www.moddb.com/mods/civilizat...ore-decoration
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Liberty.png
Views:	42
Size:	85.5 KB
ID:	2540  

Blake's Sanctum:
- Total Conversion mods: Quest for Glory IV 3D Hexen, Star Trek Doom 2, & Star Wars Civilization 2
- Game Shrines: Age of Wonders, Babylon 5 Fan Games, Civilization, Command & Conquer, Elder Scrolls, Dune Games, Final Fantasy, Freelancer, Heroes of Might & Magic, Imperium Galactica, Master of Magic, Quest for Glory, Starflight, & Star Trek Games
- MovieTV Shrines: Lord Of The Rings & Hobbit, & Star Trek
- Emulation

Last edited by Blake00; 21-09-2020 at 02:34 PM.
Blake00 is offline                         Send a private message to Blake00