Go Back   Forums > Updates Workflow > Request Games > Approved Requests
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 25-04-2014, 12:30 AM   #1
LordCutlerBeckett

Default Reading Mansion

Hey all. First post. Recently I've been looking for Reading Mansion, because I remember playing it as a kid and really enjoying it. I did some research and found ... well, the developer at least. Great Wave Software. I have found no download links or anything and it's a pretty old game, so I am assuming it's sold nowhere.

Have this box art: http://www.smartkidssoftware.com/Images/ndgws4b.jpg

McGraw-Hill bought out the company at one point, and I believe they published the game after the fact. Anyways, the box art is all I have found that really describes the game. No videos or anything. It must be pretty obscure, but you never know. Maybe some of you guys will know about it.
LordCutlerBeckett is offline                         Send a private message to LordCutlerBeckett
Old 25-04-2014, 01:02 PM   #2
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Hmmm, this name rings a bell.

Anyway, I did a small search and came up with more scans of box and CD.

As for the game itself, no real luck. What I could find though is this. I entered "United States" as location and it listed all the libraries that supposedly have this CD. Supposing that you are from US, perhaps you can get to one of those and create ISO.

Worth trying I guess. You can call the nearest ones and check. And do share the game if you succeed.

Let us know is this any good.
marko river is offline                         Send a private message to marko river
Old 25-04-2014, 07:46 PM   #3
Cluseck
Home Sweet Abandonia

I haven't found much info on the game either. Neither Great Wave Software nor McGraw Hill is an ESA member. Unavailable on Amazon.

I think we can label the game as...

[APPROVED]
Cluseck is offline                         Send a private message to Cluseck
Old 26-04-2014, 01:52 AM   #4
LordCutlerBeckett

Alright, I am progressively contacting local libraries to see what they have. Only time will tell if I get any results.

EDIT: Visited a local library and got it ironed out. Once I get the notification that it's shipped over, I'm going to head to the library immediately and see what I can do with the disc. Is it pretty straightforward to get an ISO out of it? Just copy/paste all the contents out of the disc?

Last edited by LordCutlerBeckett; 29-04-2014 at 03:42 AM. Reason: Progress!
LordCutlerBeckett is offline                         Send a private message to LordCutlerBeckett
Old 13-09-2014, 03:41 AM   #5
Derpancakes
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordCutlerBeckett View Post
Alright, I am progressively contacting local libraries to see what they have. Only time will tell if I get any results.

EDIT: Visited a local library and got it ironed out. Once I get the notification that it's shipped over, I'm going to head to the library immediately and see what I can do with the disc. Is it pretty straightforward to get an ISO out of it? Just copy/paste all the contents out of the disc?
Hey!! I stumbled across this post, and thought I'd share that I've been looking for the game forever too! Were you ever able to find it?
Derpancakes is offline                         Send a private message to Derpancakes
Old 14-09-2014, 09:30 PM   #6
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordCutlerBeckett View Post

Uh, sorry for late reply, I never saw the edit part I guess. No, it is not just simple copy paste, but use some software instead. Just google it and you should come up with number of free solutions. For example, I use Daemon Tools Lite, which is free for personal use. You create disc image and it results with on or few files, probably one with .iso extension. That files can be used to create a original CD again.

hope that helps, and hope you got a CD or will get it soon.
marko river is offline                         Send a private message to marko river
Old 30-03-2015, 08:04 PM   #7
LordCutlerBeckett

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derpancakes View Post
Hey!! I stumbled across this post, and thought I'd share that I've been looking for the game forever too! Were you ever able to find it?
So sorry for the late reply! I've been busy with school and other shenanigans.

Unfortunately the library had a couple of issues regarding interlibrary loans and their cost, so I have not gotten a hold of the CD. I think now I have enough free time to try getting it again. I will keep you all posted if there are any updates.
Old 03-05-2016, 02:41 AM   #8
Sylveon

I have an ISO of this game. Is there still interest in it?
Sylveon is offline                         Send a private message to Sylveon
Old 03-05-2016, 02:12 PM   #9
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Absolutely, always for any game

Can you make an image file and upload it somewhere, like 4shared for example?

And welcome
Old 03-05-2016, 04:48 PM   #10
arete
If All Else Fails, Play Dead

Sounds like it could be fun to review

"You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you..."
arete is offline                         Send a private message to arete